It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Million Data Collection Points in San Diego Alone...The "Truth" is Coming Out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx
I think it's funny you all call the government paranoid, nosey, unjust when you lot are all exactly the same. You want to be able to do what ever you want and have no one know about your business, but at the same time you care to know what everyone else is doing. You pry into every word the government says, you distrust, you investigate and snoop, but when you think it's happening to you, it's all heckles and snarls.

The sooner you realize they are no different than you or me, the easier your life will be.

No human being is any better, some are a little worse, some are way worse, but any of you or I would not be any better in office.

Never...

Our system is checks and balances.

I have not yet given up on my fellow Americans.

Really, if you are not American my logic could seem off base.

I was born a free man...I intend to die that way.

No offense...I assumed by your comment your from Europe.

I apologize in advance if I am wrong...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by kaylaluv

It has nothing to do with the video cameras.

It is how they are using the information.

Seriously, I can't figure out what you are trying to say.

The sheer paranoid ridiculous amount of information collected.

I live here. I have a precious child. I will be responsible for her safety.

But if your coming at me with "if you have nothing to hide" argument.

That's just a nonstarter for me...

Oooookay. How are they using the information? Obviously I can't figure out what YOU are trying to say. Seems to me that they are using the information to catch criminals, because they can't always be there in person to catch them. Sometimes, they ARE there in person to catch them - do you have a problem with that? Do you have a problem with a policeman hanging around the public park, to make sure someone doesn't break the law? If not, then consider the camera simply another policeman. If you DO have a problem with a policeman hanging around the public park -- then you are more paranoid than I thought. Or else, you are mad because you won't be able to break some law without getting caught.

They use the iformation in a blanket way
Warrants are specific for what they are looking for....
What they collect is a fishing expedition, and is forbidden by law,,,or why not simply stop and search everyone anytime day or nite....
You do not understand the principle here....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I guess some people are more concerned with the rights of some minority than with the privacy rights and freedoms of all US Citizens. Some people more concerned with certain lobbies of special interest than with all US Citizens.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Interesting to see who shows up to support the State.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think it's funny you all call the government paranoid, nosey, unjust when you lot are all exactly the same. You want to be able to do what ever you want and have no one know about your business, but at the same time you care to know what everyone else is doing. You pry into every word the government says, you distrust, you investigate and snoop, but when you think it's happening to you, it's all heckles and snarls. The sooner you realize they are no different than you or me, the easier your life will be. No human being is any better, some are a little worse, some are way worse, but any of you or I would not be any better in office.
reply to post by Hijinx

Um, government is accountable to us. They collect taxes to spend on this huge government machine. Yes, I am going to inquire about what they are doing. That isn't being nosy. Sorry, but it isn't the same. I don't care what my neighbor is doing. I care what my government is doing, what laws they are passing, and what the business of government costs. Government is supposed to be transparent, meaning they report to us. When you look at the history of governments and see the corruption and abuse that has occurred, I think it is pertinent to a free citizenry to hold their elected officials accountable.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

They use the iformation in a blanket way
Warrants are specific for what they are looking for....
What they collect is a fishing expedition, and is forbidden by law,,,or why not simply stop and search everyone anytime day or nite....
You do not understand the principle here....

We're not talking about going into someone's home with a camera here. We're not talking about putting a camera in your purse or your pocket to see what you have in there. We are talking about cameras set up in public spaces, viewing public spaces, like streets and parking lots.

They use the information the same way they use any public information they have. It's not private information.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Not to pick on you...You defend yourself just fine.

But you seem to equate a camera with a Police Officer (implied a few times).

Let me tell you the difference.

A camera can record you being attacked or hurt.

A Police Officer can stop the attack.

We could accomplish everything you want with fake cameras.

It would be much cheaper....You can even buy the "Security Camera Sign".

Because unless you pull that camera off the pole and beat your attacker down.

That camera is not going to save you.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Holy Cripes!

I'm going to start wearing a Jedi knight cloak and fencing mask.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Not to pick on you...You defend yourself just fine.

But you seem to equate a camera with a Police Officer (implied a few times).

Let me tell you the difference.

A camera can record you being attacked or hurt.

A Police Officer can stop the attack.

We could accomplish everything you want with fake cameras.

It would be much cheaper....You can even buy the "Security Camera Sign".

Because unless you pull that camera off the pole and beat your attacker down.

That camera is not going to save you.

It may not be able to stop an attack already happening, but it WILL help to catch the perp and bring him to justice. Does that not count for anything?

There are lots of different kinds of crimes. Some are complicated and multi-layered, and can be prevented by analyzing the data points.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I guess some people are more concerned with the rights of some minority than with the privacy rights and freedoms of all US Citizens. Some people more concerned with certain lobbies of special interest than with all US Citizens.

And some people find boogey men behind every corner, and some people probably need to get therapy for their obsessions.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSpanishArcher
I've been telling people this was happening for years. Obviously, I had no hard proof. Pretty much everyone has ignored me. So now I sit, basically friendless and the few I do have are blithering fools, getting old and decrepit, but I can say "HA! I was RIGHT!"

Little consolation that is. The truth has made me a social leper. I don't even attempt to talk to people anymore. Why bother?

I hope there is a special level of hell for these A******* who perpetrate this Godforsaken system, lawmakers, pigs, court officials, lawyers, all of them involved in turning America into a police state.

ETA: Forgot to add this from the article. Lovely sentiments, so heartwarming.

The San Diego Police Department finds the technology so helpful for policing that it wants to add more.

Two million pieces of data each month and yet it's not enough. Go figure.
edit on 6/18/2013 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

That's what happens in the UK. Proceeds gained from the successful investigation and prosecution of drug dealers and organised crime go onto more equipment (surveillance vans investigation teams), and the cycle repeats. So there's an incentive not to completely eradicate all crime.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

And some people find boogey men behind every corner, and some people probably need to get therapy for their obsessions.

I knew it...It's just me being paranoid.

Seriously, the beautiful thing is we are "Free" to disagree.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Oh, but then they are taking away your right to wear a bikini and not be looked at! That was my initial argument: if you don't want cameras on you in public, don't go out in public.

No, that isn't the argument at all. There is no right to not be looked at. That is the fallacy of the argument you posed. It is choice vs. no choice. I have a choice on my behavior in public. I mind my manners and am respectful of other persons rights. I don't infringe on their "public space", I don't stare, and I don't listen in on their conversations. There is a reason I do that, their life doesn't pertain to me. Government should have the same thought in mind when it comes to citizens. Our founders provided for the 4th Amendment in the Bill of Rights which states we have protection from unreasonable search and seizure. Cameras on every street corner could constitute a challenge to the 4th Amendment.

You raise a good point. I'm not crazy about red-light cameras, but not because "big brother is watching me", but because people are inherently STUPID drivers. The people who slam on their brakes to avoid a ticket are STUPID. And the people who are too close behind them who slam into them are EVEN MORE STUPID. Normally, I wouldn't care about such stupid people, but sometimes those cars have innocent children in them... Technically, if you stop over the white line, you can get a ticket. My husband's boss was stopped and ticketed for that very thing at a stop sign, so technically, your dad deserved a ticket.

I don't think people are stupid drivers, but EVERYONE has lacked 100% attention behind the wheel of a car. Even I have rear ended a young lady when I took my eyes of the road for 2 seconds.

And there are times when I think in technicalities, this isn't one of them. Technically, my dad didn't run a red light, therefore, he didn't break any laws. Does he still deserve a ticket?? If your husband's boss was stopped by an officer who observed him perform a rolling stop, then I could see a ticket. But, if he was simply stopped for stopping past the white line, then I think that is an arbitrary way to impose "law".
edit on 18-6-2013 by bmullini because: Sorry, kaylaluv, misread your post I quoted. Had to amend.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about you in that post. I was actually enjoying our debate. You seem like a reasonable person.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Let me put this a different way.

Would you pay $17,500 to have them install a public camera outside your window? I know I wouldn't. Did they seek approval from the people who pay their wages? I don't think so. In a time of economic stress these people are wasting our tax dollars How you can defend these morons is beyond me. Welcome to the new fascist state that you help to create.

Also you never answered the question. You ever tried to record a cop? Give it a try , and see what happens. You'll likely end up I jail. Why should it be any different for we the people than it is for the establishment?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Let me put this a different way.

Would you pay $17,500 to have them install a public camera outside your window? I know I wouldn't. Did they seek approval from the people who pay their wages? I don't think so. In a time of economic stress these people are wasting our tax dollars How you can defend these morons is beyond me. Welcome to the new fascist state that you help to create.

Also you never answered the question. You ever tried to record a cop? Give it a try , and see what happens. You'll likely end up I jail. Why should it be any different for we the people than it is for the establishment?

Well, it's cheaper than hiring a cop to stand out there. I'd prefer a cop, because I'd feel safer, but I understand that it would cost a lot more than $17,500, so the camera is my next best option to catch criminals.

There's no need to record a cop if we have public cameras. Public cameras do not discriminate. They record EVERYONE.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about you in that post. I was actually enjoying our debate. You seem like a reasonable person.

We really want the same thing. A safe environment for our families.

Our disagreement is how you get there. I have not walked in your shoes.

You may feel safer with all the new "Security". I feel threatened.

Not because I am doing anything wrong. My thoughts immediately go to the "Fallen".

They may no longer be able to speak...I am just hoping my loved ones might be proud.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I am, but that really shouldn't have anything to do with it. There is a difference between acceptable and unacceptable the US scares me sometimes with some things, and doesn't bug me at all with others. I live in a country where I can # who I want, do what I want, own guns, smoke, pretty much live my life and I'm fine with that.

If you don't like it, do something about it. I see so many posters here on ATS bitch about the USA, there should be enough of you to topple that skinny bugger running your country anyhow.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

One more thing about this picture.

There are two lenses. Is that big lens a FLIR ?

Anybody have any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I don't have anything left to throw-up.......I'm empty. And I do have a question and hope someone can help. Is there going to be a march anytime soon in DC? One more thing I did see A funny camera looking devise on top of a sign on my way home, just never seen it there before,(it is on the interstate) and I have been driving the same way back and forth from work for over 13 years. Going to try and get a picture ,see what it really is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join