It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Million Data Collection Points in San Diego Alone...The "Truth" is Coming Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here is some more "Truth" and it is staggering...

San Diegans unsettled by revelations that the federal government has collected vast troves of information about them might also look in their own rearview mirrors, as local governments are amassing data on their comings and goings for the purpose of fighting crime. Police vehicles equipped with cameras pointing every direction canvass parking lots and streets, gathering data about the time, date and place individual license plates are spotted.

Really? No wonder we can't fix a pothole with the price of spying these days.

The data trove had 32 million data points as of January, with 2 million records added each month.

I saw these cameras going up. Everyone kept saying "Relax it's for Emergency Vehicles".

This is their mobile spy system...

In one 30-day period last year, the technology was used to analyze 1,700 seized vehicles in collaboration with the San Diego Law Enforcement Coordination Center, according to the January document. The center is an anti-terrorism effort for sharing information among federal, state and local government.

This is just chilling. This stuff beyond anything Orwell could of dreamed of.

“My strong assumption is they’re just declaring 3 million people in San Diego County as being under investigation.”

Well here comes the truth...And it's even worse than we thought. We are all suspects.

UT-SanDiego.com

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is disgusting.

I want to throw up.

Sorry I cant be more accurate with my response- but its how I truly feel at the moment.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
This is disgusting.

I want to throw up.

Sorry I cant be more accurate with my response- but its how I truly feel at the moment.

I feel the same way.

We have been sold out. I feel violated and really pissed off.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've been telling people this was happening for years. Obviously, I had no hard proof. Pretty much everyone has ignored me. So now I sit, basically friendless and the few I do have are blithering fools, getting old and decrepit, but I can say "HA! I was RIGHT!"

Little consolation that is. The truth has made me a social leper. I don't even attempt to talk to people anymore. Why bother?

I hope there is a special level of hell for these A******* who perpetrate this Godforsaken system, lawmakers, pigs, court officials, lawyers, all of them involved in turning America into a police state.

ETA: Forgot to add this from the article. Lovely sentiments, so heartwarming.

The San Diego Police Department finds the technology so helpful for policing that it wants to add more.

Two million pieces of data each month and yet it's not enough. Go figure.
edit on 6/18/2013 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Even the local birds think this is crap. Just look at the bird poo on his overhead lights!

Necessary levity aside, I think we have already tumbled over the slippery slope and are approaching terminal velocity as we plummet toward whatever is at the bottom.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The UK has had ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) for years. Every time your travel along main routes you are being tracked. That together with tracking your mobile phone whereabouts gives the authorities a clear picture of where you have been should they choose to investigate you.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

With 32 million data points...

They must have cameras on every pole.

I am thinking of filing my own FOI request.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

We have always been surveilled. And so have the Brit's and more openly, the Chinese. Just read about what J. Edgar Hoover did. It's a fact of life.

The real question as you look into this rabbit hole, is why is this at the forefront now? What's going on in the world that the US government doesn't want us to look at?

I don't think it's a coincidence that Edward Snowden came forward during the summit with Obama and China. I don't think it's a coincidence that that this information was released after a report went public detailing the hacking that China has been doing.

My final thought is that as technology changes, so will the surveillance methods. Without a warrant, the government can turn on your cell phone microphone and listen to your conversation, they can tell where you are as well. And guess what? You did this willingly.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Even the local birds think this is crap. Just look at the bird poo on his overhead lights!

Necessary levity aside, I think we have already tumbled over the slippery slope and are approaching terminal velocity as we plummet toward whatever is at the bottom.

I fear this will be coming to a town near you.(if it hasn't already)

Remember the weird sign in Las Vegas?

Here's the weird Las Vegas Sign Thread

I guess we can stop wondering what this does...Everything, right in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
saw a portable version about a month ago here in SW Montana,
they had it mounted on a tripod and 1 state and 2 local cop cars were
parked along the side of the road.
This is what i though it was. told the wife it was to scan licensplates,
she thought it was cool until i told her ya, unless they want you, and they set it up
some where, with cops a mile down the road on either side.
then they just wait.....

Oh, and those that still think they can get away with driving without insurance..
i'm betting that will stop real soon. if they can scan that many, imagine how many
tickets they will be mailing out when they cross refrence the plates with insurance
records.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From the area, we have some of the best of the worst around. Escondido PD is just hands down scary. They also built a HUGE new station recently even though the city is almost bankrupt of course.

The police must really be working hard at scanning as many plates as possible and that is why the CHP need to drive 85+ MPH at all times while in-frequently wear seat belts, talking on their phones, and playing with their computers while driving.

I usually wave to get to the attention of officers who break all of the laws listed above and when they notice me staring at them, waving, going WTF are you doing, they suddenly start acting in accordance with the law. If they are the type that do not care, they usually give you that I am going to arrest you look.

I almost got hit by an officer this week after buying groceries because he was speeding through a parking lot across lanes, doing an illegal u turn not wearing a seat belt while talking on his phone and running a stop sign after he was leaving a bar. I then got the opportunity to pull up next to him at the light since he was not in any actual hurry.

I understand we are close to the border and everything so we need a more intensive police state in the area, but they are still not above the law. I have nothing against them doing their jobs, I have many fire/medical/military/police friends, but the large majority of the officers seriously endanger lives on a daily basis with their actions.

edit on 18-6-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't really understand the outrage. If I am out walking around in public, anyone could look at me, right? I mean, it's not against the law to look at someone who is in a public area, right? I sit at public park benches and people-watch for hours. Am I doing something evil? If I see a man trying to abduct a child while I'm people-watching, I will do something to stop it. Is that bad?

If I am driving my car on a public road, anyone could see my license plate, right? It's not illegal to look at someone's license plate if their car is on a public street. If I am the perpetrator of a hit and run, and someone turns me in based on seeing my license plate, is that bad?

If you don't want anyone to look at you or your car, don't go or drive outside. Now, let me know when they start putting cameras in people's homes. That IS bad. But in public areas where everyone and anyone can see you anyway, I don't see the big deal.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
saw a portable version about a month ago here in SW Montana,
they had it mounted on a tripod and 1 state and 2 local cop cars were
parked along the side of the road.
This is what i though it was. told the wife it was to scan licensplates,
she thought it was cool until i told her ya, unless they want you, and they set it up
some where, with cops a mile down the road on either side.
then they just wait.....

Oh, and those that still think they can get away with driving without insurance..
i'm betting that will stop real soon. if they can scan that many, imagine how many
tickets they will be mailing out when they cross refrence the plates with insurance
records.

That might of been a portable drug sniffer on the side of the road.

Yes they exist (for those that did not know). They openly use them in Texas (google it).

Can facial recognition be far behind?

They already know before they pull you over in Ca. if you have insurance.

My nephew got stopped and told them "I pay your salary with my taxes"

The cop responds "Well you haven't paid them in two years"...Ouch he was right.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I don't see the big deal.

The big deal is many thousands of men and women who gave their lives for Freedom.

Including some of my family members.

The Constitution is not just an old dusty document.

It's my "Birth Right" and I will not give up those rights.

They are precious to me and others...Hence, "The Big Deal".

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

The big deal is many thousands of men and women who gave their lives for Freedom.

Are you saying that we're not free to drive on public streets? Are you saying I'm not free to people-watch on a public park bench? What are we not free to do in a public place, other than break the law?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

This, exactly.

and a second line to say it again, since it cannot be overstated. THIS, EXACTLY!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This obsessive 'collection of information' or put simply 'spying' is a symptom of the imminent collapse of a civilisation that begins to behave in such a manner. You might ask, 'what are they so afraid of?' Yes, what exactly?
I remember watching a series on vanished civilisations. As Hittite civilisation became more advanced and the controlling leaders became more paranoid. Spys would be sent out to community areas to 'listen' to what the people were talking about. Of course dissenters were punished! However, what do you do when everyone dissents and will no longer take the ludicrous paranoid inflictions of their leaders? The house of cards comes tumbling down. Personally, i don't give a flying do do. As they say 'Mene mene Tekel Parsin'. World leaders squeeze and squeeze and squeeze their populations until their is NOTHING left to squeeze. All that is left is a fist waving in the wind to no avail. Government is about balancing a desert / pudding / jelly in your hand and making sure it does not wobble. Once you squeeze you loose.......be it immeadiately or in time......it is inevitable.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Elliot because: grammar

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I don't really understand the outrage. If I am out walking around in public, anyone could look at me, right? I mean, it's not against the law to look at someone who is in a public area, right? I sit at public park benches and people-watch for hours. Am I doing something evil? If I see a man trying to abduct a child while I'm people-watching, I will do something to stop it. Is that bad?

If I am driving my car on a public road, anyone could see my license plate, right? It's not illegal to look at someone's license plate if their car is on a public street. If I am the perpetrator of a hit and run, and someone turns me in based on seeing my license plate, is that bad?

If you don't want anyone to look at you or your car, don't go or drive outside. Now, let me know when they start putting cameras in people's homes. That IS bad. But in public areas where everyone and anyone can see you anyway, I don't see the big deal.

You are correct, if i am out walking around people can see me. However, taking photographic images is not the same as "seeing". More over, using those photos to collect data on where I am going is not "seeing". If being seen by an omnipresent human force is the price of going outside, I will stay inside.

On a related note, if photographing is the same as "seeing", why all the fuss about pirating movies and music? I would think that they can't have that argument both ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Remember when you read "1984" or "Brave New World" and thought it was just science fiction?

Is our future now going to look like Gibsons "Burning Chrome"?

America could have been a Utopia but somewhere, somehow our souls became dark, hollow and afraid.
edit on 18-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by kaylaluv

You are correct, if i am out walking around people can see me. However, taking photographic images is not the same as "seeing". More over, using those photos to collect data on where I am going is not "seeing". If being seen by an omnipresent human force is the price of going outside, I will stay inside.

On a related note, if photographing is the same as "seeing", why all the fuss about pirating movies and music? I would think that they can't have that argument both ways.

Let's say I sit on the park bench every afternoon. I notice that this one guy comes to the park every Wednesday and every Friday. I see that he goes to the ice cream vendor in the park on those days, and on Wednesdays he always buys an ice cream sandwich, and on Fridays he always buys a root beer snow cone. Does it hurt this guy in any way for me to take note of this? Does it impinge on his freedom in any way? He doesn't know me, I don't know him. He will probably never even know that I have seen him and noticed his habits. What if I am taking pictures at the park, and he walks into my shot? Is it illegal or immoral for me to take pictures at a public park? You might ask, "well, what are you going to do with those pictures?" What if I don't do anything with them? What if I just have them in an archive folder on my smart phone, and eventually I delete them? But, what if when I am taking pictures on my cell phone, I happen to catch a shot of someone stealing a handbag? Is it illegal or immoral for me to turn my photo in to the police to help catch the thief? How is this different than cameras set up at a public place?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join