It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil is under Siege: Protest in all Major Cities. Rio 100 thousands, Sao Paulo, 65 thousands. Bras

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Brazil is under Siege: Protest in all Major Cities. Rio 100 thousands, Sao Paulo, 65 thousands. Brasilia, Capital: Congress was invaded.

blogs.estadao.com.b r

After raising the bus fares in Brazil, the people of Brazil have decided to unite and fight. They fight for corruption, low wages, a poor health system and failed education system.

There's said to be 100 thousand people in Rio alone. They estimate only 300 out of the 65 thousand in Sao Paulo have turned to violence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If a spike in bus fare was the tipping point for the people of Brazil...then what's it gonna take for us Americans to reach our tipping point?

When will we realize that united we are invincible? United we conquer all! One universal voice - Americans, Europeans, South Americans, down to the French Polynesia. WE put the congressmen up in those offices. They work for US! The lobbyist work for US! The oil tycoons work for us!

For without us there is no government. Without us there is no supply and demand. Without us there is no commerce.

People of the world - of all races, nationalities, sexual orientation - start looking at each other and for once, see the similarities! See the injustices that have been placed upon us all. We all yearn for the same things! Peace, equality and unity! Fairness, love and justice!

Stand up. Stand up, march and never look back.

blogs.estadao.com.b r
edit on 18-6-2013 by AtleeElmont because: grammar

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Let it Be..World change..Include every one..God Bless

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
From a photo I saw, it looked more like millions, like the whole country is in the cities protesting. They seem to downplay it.

soundofheart.org...

There is massive amounts of people in those pictures.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Tw:

Gregor Peter Gregor Peter ‏@L0gg0l
Amazing video of huge crowds in the streets of Rio de Janeiro. Trustworthy sources report up to 100,000 people vine.co...

Edit: Also if you look at @CNN not ONE tweet about this.
edit on 18-6-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
here the foto from that link..
look's like million there..

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AtleeElmont

Well, when we have a large number of the world's hooligans all in one place - why can't they be turned on? We need insiders to grow a conscience. These people - I use the term loosely - don't clean their own toilets.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Well, when we have a large number of the world's hooligans all in one place - why can't they be turned on? We need insiders to grow a conscience. These people - I use the term loosely - don't clean their own toilets.

Exactly. They're all hooligans. Kinda like the Middle East.....or Europe.
They are animals. (no offense to the animals)
edit on 18-6-2013 by shockedamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Yet no mention in the lamestream corporate media. I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedamerican

I am sure offense will be taken, and rightly so!

How arrogant!

Back on topic, go Brazil! I am hoping this spreads to the Uk, Ireland and America!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
www.earthcam.com...

best web cam all others shut down?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtleeElmont

If a spike in bus fare was the tipping point for the people of Brazil...then what's it gonna take for us Americans to reach our tipping point?

When will we realize that united we are invincible? United we conquer all! One universal voice - Americans, Europeans, South Americans, down to the French Polynesia. WE put the congressmen up in those offices. They work for US! The lobbyist work for US! The oil tycoons work for us!

For without us there is no government. Without us there is no supply and demand. Without us there is no commerce.

People of the world - of all races, nationalities, sexual orientation - start looking at each other and for once, see the similarities! See the injustices that have been placed upon us all. We all yearn for the same things! Peace, equality and unity! Fairness, love and justice!

Stand up. Stand up, march and never look back.

blogs.estadao.com.b r

What would Americans do?

Bitch, moan, grab a 4 dollar coffee and forget about it the next day.

Peace
edit on 18-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We like our coffee and we like 2 bitch!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

You missed it. I didn't want to offend the animals.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

And this is about a rise in bus fares?I wonder what would happen if they were in the shoes of Americans who just had confirmation about the extent of government spying+invasion of privacy:-)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Right. I would comment but a mod told me 2 behave. So I'll say it would be a shame if transportation prices were to rise in the U.S. then we may experience some protests.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

The bus fare is just a spark, the many hundreds of thousands who have now gone out onto the streets are protesting about the violent response from the authorities, joining the protest in solidarity, and for their own general sense of anger at ongoing economic problems and corruption in government.

It was just passed off as being about the bus fare rise to diminish the impact of the protests.

In almost every instance the response from the police and government to a protest is the tipping point. People protest, someone gets beaten, more people come out, the police become more violent, and more people come out... eventually you end up spiraling into what's happening in Syria if the government refuses to change or step down.

This is exactly what our western governments are trying to stop with the mass monitoring of the people. They want the power to disrupt any protest before it even gets started. The mass monitoring programs we are seeing are an attempt to silence political opinion and protest groups, which is why they are gathering up data on everyone and not just criminals.

A protest movement like Occupy or the Tea Party needs an outlet that's free and open, it needs facebook pages and blogs, mailing lists and forums to spread the news and plan protest events. This is why the monitoring is so comprehensive.

If the Occupy or Tea Party movement were this size in the USA, there would be mass monitoring of every senior member (and there probably was when both groups were ongoing) and at a point when they are deemed to be a real threat to "the establishment" they are framed for something. With the Occupy and Tea Party they undoubtedly had people inside, but they could basically sit back and watch the two bickering between them, discrediting each other and keeping the groups distracted. But if the two had found a common ground and combined, the US government would probably have done something they could have framed them for, rounded them up, prosecuted and silenced them.

I don't think anything in the US will change. I mean, just look at the scandals facing Obama right now, and the outright lies he's telling the American people about the NSA being "focused" on just criminals and terrorists - notice no one has asked him about that new NSA building in Utah or how such computing power could possibly be used to monitor and track just a million "criminals". Hell, I could do that with a data storage system 0.001% the size of that thing.

I think you've already gone past the point of no return. The people of the US are so apathetic and disinterested in politics I'm betting that 80% of people don't even understand what the NSA has been caught doing. When you think about what has brought presidents down in the past, this is 10X more threatening and dangerous for the freedom of the American people, and they're too distracted by Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians to even hold a passing interest.

Unless Snowden has something that directly threatens and scares enough politicians and American people that they cannot possibly ignore it, nothing is going to be done and America is going to continue to slide into a totalitarian nation.

The one thing I hope, more than anything, is that Snowden has proof of the NSA hacking and targeting journalist, news networks, judges and politicians. I think we all suspect that this has been happening, but there needs o be proof of it to shock them out of their complacency. If all those groups of people are found to be targets for spying and snooping, then there is a real chance of having them all on side to get Obama out and have some measures put in place to monitor and restrict the NSA.

Without that happening, the capability of the NSA to exert more and more control over the country is going to expand and grow with each passing year until one day they just give up on the democratic mask entirely and you wake up to find yourselves in the biggest prison camp the world has ever seen.

This is your NWO. Snowden has only revealed a tiny fraction of what they've been up to. Even with the small part of it he's exposed you can see without a doubt that the security/military/industrial complex has almost completely taken over America. You have a revolving door between corporations and government across all branches, you have lobbyists sponsoring your politicians, you have corporations handling the intelligence gathering, you have collusion between state and private business, you have spiraling debt, you have unaccountable "courts" rubber stamping breaches of the Constitution, you have agency heads lying under oath and on camera, and you now have a president who is seemingly deceiving the people without a hint of hesitation.

If the people still have not woken up, they probably never will.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

blogs.estadao.com.b r

So was that a rhetorical question?

Americans will continue to stick their heads in the sand until one of two things happen:

1.) The government finaly misteps to such an extent that it leaves millions of "lower-middle" or "middle" class citizens high and dry, broke and in dispear.

or

2.) Those same "lower-middle" and "middle" class citizens get taken on a tour of those .001% and shown what true wealth is.

Nothing short of that will change the way we act. Look around you, even with the financial disaster of 2008 hardly anyone batted an eye......

They still get to watch their sports, drink their alchohol and engage in lust and idolatry. I mean why should anyone stick their neck out and rock the boat when most still do what they've always done. To most Americans, almost everything that others nations stand up against, to them, is simply much ado about nothing.

Watching all of this play out over the years has made for interesting research and analysis of the human psyche. It's sad and tragic but truthfully none of them seem to know any better. Don't believe me? Try talking to your average Joe or Jane and see how deep their understanding of events go.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Well said and insightful!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shockedamerican

Originally posted by Happy1

Exactly. They're all hooligans. Kinda like the Middle East.....or Europe.
They are animals. (no offense to the animals)

Wrong actually we europeans did our best to try to teach them how to behave, to use a fork and a knife to eat, to read and write... we tried to bring them to civilization. We succeeded in north america and we thought "hey maybe those can be taught also"... nope. Not even a trick. You can take the man out of the jungle but you cant take the jungle out of the man.

Btw... After all of the frenzy they'll turn to breeding. Its a fairly easy cycle to predict. And then football. It goes on like that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join