It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

no no no, that was a gigantic swarm of twelve foot piranha bees

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Awesome find

Looks like a broken clay pot to me, but that's wishful thinking....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by ByTor420
Look at the 'wall' behind the circular object, do you notice the slightly rounded protrusion above and to the right of the circular object? I know it looks very weathered but when I first looked at the picture it looked to me like these two belonged together at one point in time. (looks more circular when zoomed out). The wall looks to just be rock though - not so sure about the circular object.

Do you mean this?

Kinda looks bone like, sorta "vertebra-ish"

Looks more like the neck of a Fender Precision bass to me. Where's roger walters!?
edit on 18-6-2013 by kountzero because: hit reply instead of quote

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kountzero

Looks more like the neck of a Fender Precision bass to me. Where's roger walters!?

HAHA! Is does! Maybe my "rib cage" is really the remnants a martian conga drum!

edit on 18-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
S+F

The raw image from nasa that is used in the Panorama:
MAST_RIGHT - Sol 302 (2013-06-12 09:29:47 UTC)

100% view of the area in question:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

From the bottom of the left curved side. Go straight down a short distance. Rock shaped dog skull. (Or is it dog skull shaped rock?)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
well I would love to see something similar happening naturally on Earth
) in my 30+ years I've never seen natural objects like that except animal remains...

Looks like an old wild west western set
bring the sarsaparilla

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77
S+F

The raw image from nasa that is used in the Panorama:
MAST_RIGHT - Sol 302 (2013-06-12 09:29:47 UTC)

100% view of the area in question:
...The more you look at this image the more interesting it gets. The circle on the ground. There is also a similar circular fixing on the wall. Maybe they were somehow connected many years ago?. Makes you wonder what the hell it was. If these are rocks then im a nun with tourettes!!!!!.....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
they might be rocks, but petrified wood or bones. that would make sense, to me at least

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I know, I know, IT'S A ROCK!" It's a very odd shaped rock. It's looks like a rib cage to me.

Nice find, windword!

However, I wouldn't admit straight away that you 'know' it's just a rock! Especially in this area. After all I've seen at Yellowknife Bay and Glenelg, in general, I have come to the conclusion that we need contact science and real analysis before anyone can say 'it' just a rock' ...

Keep up the good work & I'm looking forward to your next threads ... !

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Nah that looks like a steering wheel.
Maybe it's from an abandoned martian car.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
There are several concave areas on the cliff behind the rock in question. Just another rock. Weathered over millenia into a circular form that's, well, circular.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah. Nice find windword

Seriously though, whilst I initially pointed the object out in the other thread, I'm glad you sorted out a pic and put out there for discussion. It will teach me to improve my thread skills!

Re the pic itself, if you look at the B shaped object to the top right of the "hair-band" shaped thing it almost looks like a circular white object reflecting in water dont you think?

Rat

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ratman

Do you mean the object that another member said look like a Fender Bass Guitar neck? It's very interesting, but I don't see the water. The round object kinda looks like its sitting in water, but when you pan out you can see it's only a shadow.

Although, every time I see Impaired post a new gigapan, I like to go an wander around looking for interesting things, I did wait for you to reply, before posting this thread, thinking you might like to make the thread yourself.

Here's some other interesting finds of mine from Impaired's other gigapans:

Tiny Luke Skywalker!

A post card!

Watch out for that snake!

Where math was done!

Something growing like a vine?

A fallen column with saw marks?

edit on 18-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

What vines?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I find the cliff face very interesting, especially the concave shapes, almost like broken mud bubbles that seems to be embedded in it:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I think you are right in identifying it as a mud bubble that has fallen out of the wall behind it. It appears to me that there are other bubbles in various sizes and conditions. When gas is trapped in magma they can fill up with water and minerals and with heat and pressure they become what are called thunder eggs here on earth.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Steering Wheel. Honestly, looks like my steering wheel on my van.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NL800

What vines?

I lightened up the picture so that you can see it better, hopefully

I see what looks like a vine of tiny rock flowers growing up or down the side of that rock. Then in the bottom left there is something else that looks kind of vine like to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The old metal buckets some times had a wire reenforced edge, left to the elements most of the bucket rusted out leaving something that looked very much like the photo.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join