It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts on the TV Show "Paranormal Witness"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Just finished watching a Netflix episode of Paranormal Witness and thought it quite interesting. Supposedly the show I watched included photographs taken by the people experiencing the activity ( the episode was about a poltergeist tormenting a family and a deputy being stalked by a possible Bigfoot in Oregon). Some of the photos were pretty bizarre.

I know it's a television show, and as such is purely entertainment and thus quite likely exaggerated. Still, I enjoyed it and wanted to get your thoughts on the show, if you've seen it.

I would link YouTube clips but all the ones I can find require payment. Anyone know how to find full episodes online ( legal, please).

Looking forward to your replies!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I did a search and all I could come up with was this kind of link to episodes, but I can't embed them.

Paranormal Witness-The Apartment

It seems to be a good show from what I have seen.
Fitting that it was an apartment one..

We are watching it now.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I enjoy this show. I have to say that the dybukk box episode from the last season scared the crap out of me. There's some info about this online and how it was sold through ebay.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I've enjoyed several episodes of the show. There is one episode with Travis Walton that was very intriguing. I never get tired of his story. They also gave interviews with police officials who have different ideas about what really happened, so it's not all one sided.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The one where the car full of people encounter the faceless girl was creepy.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I actually liked it very much. I have been a life long experiencer so shows like this fascinate me.
This is actually the 2nd or 3rd season(i do believe).
They do use actual evidence, real photos and recordings.
It pains me though to see others go through such things when they have no clue what they are really up against.

They are supposedly all true stories...

I give it a

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I found the Dybbuk box one!

Paranormal Witness - Dybbuk Box

I think I have already seen this one,
at least my wife says we have.
Twice even.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I did a search and found all of the paranormal witness episodes on that website.
82 Episodes it looks like.

Vimeo-Paranormal Witness-list of shows

There,
full episodes,
and legal to watch.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I did a search and found all of the paranormal witness episodes on that website.

There,
full episodes,
and legal to watch.

You, my friend, have just earned my undying gratitude and lifelong devotion.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Consider it payment for the Boss Ross Videos

2nd line just in case emocons don't count....lol

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
For a while I was totally into the investigation type paranormal shows, but when all there is to watch is one guy saying "Did you hear that?" to another guy, for a whole hour, I started drifting away from them and looking for other kinds of paranormal shows. This one - Paranormal Witness - is probably the best of the story-driven shows. Each episode is about a real case that has been well-documented (meaning that there is plenty of sourcing associated with the case, including professional sources, like cops or military) and I haven't seen much in the way of sensationalism, even though the dramatic aspects are amplified to give the stories the punch that a good ghost story should have.

I got concerned with the season opener a couple weeks ago. It was a story about a Long Island woman with a demon, and she got a couple other local women with her and they allegedly drove the demon out in a cheap, cookie-cutter storyline kind of manner, and it seemed like maybe the show had jumped the shark (new writers, new corporate pressure due to an increased level of popularity can do this to any show) but the episode last week was pretty much back to its normal level of relative schmalz (keeping it to a minimum) so I'm going to be hopeful.

It's the only story-driven paranormal case series I'll bother with anymore. I like it.
edit on 6/18/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The season premier had the story about the woman who lost her husband and that the fire fighters who he worked with, rebuilt a home in long island only to find it had hosed some sort of satanic cult in the 20's or 30's. She had to banish the evil entity before the family could find peace. Just last week, the NY Post ran an article which mirrored the episode and had all the same details that the TV show had. There was some follow on in the Post article not covered in the show. Apparently, the families husband/father has returned and is sometimes seen in the house. It sounds like once the evil was banished, the husband/father was able to enter the area and now watches over his family.
The tapes and evidence collected by the people in the stories seems credible. Especially the episode where the family was being tormented by an entity (poltergeist) that was tearing their place apart and hassling the children. This is the episode where they mother and daughters put up ceramic cat to appease the spirit and the husband/step-father threw it out side, which really pissed off what ever was doing this. The video taped evidence was compelling. Food being thrown about, stuff smeared on the walls, doors shaking, etc. Pretty wild stuff. I think they ended up moving out. Check out THAT episode. It will scare you....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm really starting to dig the show too. It takes me back to when I was a kid and I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries. Just hearing that theme music would give me the creeps. This show is starting to have the same effect on me. I agree that the paranormal mainstays like Ghost Hunters & Ghost Adventures just aren't doing it for me anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I like Paranormal Witness. It's night and day different from 'Ghost Hunters' and those type show. Best Paranormal Witness show (IMHO) was the one that investigated the UFO sighting that was out in Ohio. (I think it was Ohio). It had actual police radio recordings and recordings from the local AFB. And it interviewed the witness' etc etc. I thought it was the best UFO show I'd seen ....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by Darkblade71

There,
full episodes,
and legal to watch.

You, my friend, have just earned my undying gratitude and lifelong devotion.

Mine too!

Oh boy, Oh boy! I love this show! I watched it last year before I had to downsize on my channel lineup. Now I don't get it anymore.

But... Darkblade to the rescue! Now I can watch ALL of them! Yes!

(Darkblade, this will makeup for the steak you stole out of my plate, and taking the last biscuit before you jumped out the window to avoid getting caught.
)

Inside joke concerning some posts on his coffee thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

There was an episode about Travis Walton!?
Man i remember watching the movie Fire in the Sky all them years ago when i was a kid.

I've previously watched a few episodes of paranormal witness, i think its time to get back into the show.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I watched it again less than two weeks ago when SyFy re-ran the episode.Travis was on the episode, along with most of the rest of the logging crew and the sheriff's and police officers, the polygraph guy, etc. I also loved Fire In The Sky!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

. Especially the episode where the family was being tormented by an entity (poltergeist) that was tearing their place apart and hassling the children. This is the episode where they mother and daughters put up ceramic cat to appease the spirit and the husband/step-father threw it out side, which really pissed off what ever was doing this. The video taped evidence was compelling. Food being thrown about, stuff smeared on the walls, doors shaking, etc. Pretty wild stuff. I think they ended up moving out. Check out THAT episode. It will scare you....
reply to post by wrkn4livn

This was the first episode I saw, and the pictures the family took were pretty compelling.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I agree with some of the other members: I got REALLY tired of those ghost/paranormal "hunting" shows. An odd sound or a weird light and they all freak out - meanwhile I'm left wondering if it's simply a cast/crew member sent ahead of the group to create some artificial weirdness for the sake of the camera and ratings.

Paranormal Witness is different and, IMHO, much more believable. Many of the witnesses appear to be quite genuine and even emotional when retelling their story. Sure, they could all just be really good actors but you defintely get the impression that these are real people sharing their truly bizarre stories.

I think I've managed to watch most of the episodes and I've rarely, if ever, been disappointed!

Did anyone watch the one about the alleged werewolf?? Or the one with the indoor rain falling up??

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
The one where the car full of people encounter the faceless girl was creepy.

I just watched this episode. Holy geez.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join