It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raccoon Conspiracy and Upcoming Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by hp1229

You may be joking, but there is a fish market about 10 miles from here where you can buy raccoon ready to cook, as well as rabbits and nutria. I have eaten raccoon growing up and while it isn't bad it is all dark meat and kind of greasy. It can fill your belly but isn't a meat of choice unless your options are slim.
Agree but what if the delicacy was to be caught on by the rest of the US?
Cooking methods perhaps needs changed to make it more desirable?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I don't think there's much chance of that happening. people who live in more rural settings are for the most part familiar with eating wild animals (coons, rabbits, squirrels, deer, hogs, etc.) but many of us grew up hunting and raising our own food. Most people from a more urban environment don't really want to know where there food comes from and wouldn't consciously eat something that they consider cute and cuddly. I think it's like a social stigma relative to being considered uncivilized, but in a SHTF scenario I think most people would lose their fear of being considered "uncivilized".

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It appears that their plots are coming to a head.

Zombie Cannibal Squirrel Apocalypse

Expect badgers and groundhogs to begin their assaults soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You could use the same analogy for cockroaches. One difference between the cockroach and the raccoon is the cockroach can survive the radiation from a nuclear blast. For supporting documentation (Click Here).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have found the perfect weapon against these beasts. 5 iron. The 9 is too short and a driver takes all the sting out of the swing. 5 iron and they don't come back for a LOONNNGGGGGGGGGG time.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Besides, don't worry about the racoons. Worry about the cats. They are much more devious:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I have found the perfect weapon against these beasts. 5 iron. The 9 is too short and a driver takes all the sting out of the swing. 5 iron and they don't come back for a LOONNNGGGGGGGGGG time.

Or a .22 Rifle and a 2 Litter soda bottle with paper towels or steel wool shoved in it to control the noise. Of course the 5 iron would be cheaper.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We don't have racoons in the UK we have....

Bumped into a big one a while back and Ooooo I thought it was gonna kill me with just its growl..big bugger too.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure a regiment of these raccoon rebels has set up operations behind our house. They are experts in psychological warfare. Their screeching and wild chattering has the kitties too scared to go out in the yard. And every night they execute a raid on the trash can.

They are sneaky domestic terrorists for sure and someone needs to alert Homeland Security.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just a question...could you tame one If you found a baby? and have it as a pet?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Just a question...could you tame one If you found a baby? and have it as a pet?

Yes, many do. They're quite intelligent.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Cool I always liked racoons despite never seeing one...all due to this...

Loved this as a kid..still do
Song is cool as well, It brings a lump in my throat for some reason

Edit just listened to it again and I started booing lol.

edit on 18-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

My brothers girlfriend raised one.

It got very mean as it got older, I'm not sure what they did with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

My brothers girlfriend raised one.

It got very mean as it got older, I'm not sure what they did with it.

You hit the crux of the problem right there. As they grow up, their natural instincts will finally win out. All it takes is something small to set them off. If you keep them in a perfect environment, then you may be able to keep them tame as they grow older, but you have to be lucky.

It’s like chimps, and other animals. Everything is fine, until it just gets up and rips someone’s face off.

That is why there is a solid distinction between domesticated and wild animals. Domesticated animals, for the most part, have the unstable instincts breed out of them. There is a few breeds of domestic animal that have aggressive tendencies, like bull dogs. But people are fully familiar with those tendencies.

So, people look at raccoons, and think of them along the same lines as cats, or the like. But they are totally different. A cat, even a feral one, is a far more stable and predictable animal. It’s been breed into him. He doesn’t try to cuddle up to you one second, then start trying to eat your face off the next second. If the cat doesn’t like you, you will know it long before then. If a cat does like you, then there isn’t much you can do to cause it to totally go medieval on you without notice. A raccoon, even if it appears stable, still has unstable natural instincts that can set it into a frenzied state at the smallest perturbation. It may be a smell, it may be an action. Something that throws a switch in his head, and he will just go bat$#it crazy. Even after he settles down, he will never be the same again, because the experience has permanently changed the way he perceives the world. He has started to go native. It will be impossible to try and keep him as a pet any longer, for he has truly become a wild animal. If you try to, then you are just deluding yourself, and bringing misery on yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
KDog... a laugh-out-loud opening number in this thread!!!

Ok, now let's get down to brass tacks, dear one.
I remember seeing a news story about the growing population of raccoons in certain parts of the US, and the serious implications. (The same day my husband said he saw a raccoon at the entrance to our neighborhood (rare for us) and it freaked me out a little.)

Anyway, they are one of the primary carriers of rabies, and there is something in their feces that can be dreadful if you come into contact with it. Something about, even when the feces is dry, if you try to sweep it up, 'spores' of something can become airborne and you could unknowingly breathe them in.

I can't find the exact information on that last statement, but here is a fact-sheet on diseases they can carry.

Be safe! Link

I had a neighbors dog die a few years ago from licking coon pee. Some kind of virus he got from it,I forgot what it was called.
Nasty little bastards.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

It appears that their plots are coming to a head.

Zombie Cannibal Squirrel Apocalypse

Expect badgers and groundhogs to begin their assaults soon.

I knew it!!

The animals will strike back and take down the human population!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I actually take them a few miles outside of the city in an unpopulated area.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Need I say more

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

He saved the Cat !!!
Is that a real photo because it is ace

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That,sir,is a sacrificial cat.

edit on 18-6-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join