It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil revolution (?) Information and links as they appear. (livestreams, links and images)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
g1.globo.com...

www.livestream.com...

LIVE STREAMS

Rumours suggest Congress has been stormed, but I cannot verify anything without translations. Can anyone help?

Not too much in the news as of yet, however the links are coming in. This is seemingly inspired by the Turkish revolt against the government and is apparently based on mass opposition to hiked transport systems in Brazil.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Tens of thousands of people marched through Brazil's largest city, Sao Paulo, on Monday as protests spread over rising public transport prices and the cost of staging the 2014 World Cup.

Demonstrations also took place in Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro and Belem.

Earlier, there were clashes with police in Belo Horizonte, as protesters tried to make their way to a stadium hosting a Confederations Cup match.

The protests began last week, after the announcement of increased bus fares.

But the complaints of demonstrators soon extended beyond transport costs when clashes in Sao Paulo led to claims of excessive use of force by police. Dozens of people were hurt, including several journalists.

Since then, protesters have voiced frustration at public transport, security, health and the extent of public investment in two international football tournaments.

www.nbcnews.com...-iaPm1F8E

SAO PAULO — Brazilian protesters angered by a hike in bus and subway fares are promising to hold their biggest demonstration yet in Sao Paulo.

noticias.uol.com.br...

The above link will need translation, but the pictures speak for themselves. It looks like thousands of people are flocking the streets.

vine.co...

Above is a link to a small vid, apparently showing just how many people are on the street (it's looped and I can't translate but it looks like an observer has uploaded it. Needs clarifying.

copaemcuiaba.com.br...

Apparently someone has hacked the Brazil world football website to show footage of the uprising.

More (alleged) images:

images.4chan.org...

images.4chan.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It seems that government collapse is spreading.

Who is next? Is this being orchestrated in some way?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm thinking this might make for a challenging atmosphere with an eye toward the Olympic Games, if true.

I wonder how the new power would/will view the way the current Government has been 'cleaning up' Rio and the neighborhoods. Should be interesting to watch. Brazil is basically the power house of South America by land mass and economy. No Small thing to see them become unstable.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah it is getting quite heated over there. Looks like something that started over public transportation prices is turning into something a lot more serious.

As Monday's protests gathered strength, demonstrators in the capital, Brasilia, breached the high security area of the national congress building, climbing onto the roof of the Oscar Niemeyer-designed structure. In Sao Paulo, some 65,000 people brought the country's largest city to a standstill, as police stood by and watched.

Link to bbc

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The people are waking up. In European and South American nations, the government fears the people. Here in America, however, the people fear the government. Any uprising like this would be immediately met with violent police opposition here in "the land of the free".

Kudos to those whom have had enough of lawless governments. I stand in support of them.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
also posted here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You have to admire those Brazilians...pretty smart people for the most part.

They REFUSED to buy computers/laptops/devices with Microsoft on them and forced allllll the computer makers to release versions in Brazil with Linux on them.

They may be a little bit smarter than Americans....but they've allowed their Government to go full on Fascists. There was a police helicopter chasing a car through Brazil not long ago....the police helicopter had a MINIGUN on it firing off thousands of rounds through one of Brazil's city chasing that car.....

Killed and injured lots of innocent people. Poor poor Brazilians are gettin' slaughtered right now.

Unarmed peasant population is easy to kill off.....bye bye Brazil.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I've opened a thread before about this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today was a historic day here in Brazil. Protests happened in many cities around the country and around 300.000 people participated.

You have asked about the Congress: yes, it was stormed, but people only went to the roof (they didn't enter the congress).

I'll leave here a link with pictures showing really well what happened today here. There are beautiful scenes of entire avenues taken by the peaceful protesters and horrible pictures of the few vandals that spoiled the night.

Here's the link: g1.globo.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Aerial shot sent to me via u2u.
Streets looks pretty crowded

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Yes but a few hundred thousand unarmed peasants rising up may yet avail more than an armed citizenship that jjust takes..and takes.. And takes yet more-and never get up off their backsides.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
The people are waking up. In European and South American nations, the government fears the people. Here in America, however, the people fear the government. Any uprising like this would be immediately met with violent police opposition here in "the land of the free".

I disagree. The governments are terrified of the people, because the people are indeed realizing that they have power in numbers.

A million ants can take down an Elephant within minutes if they work collectively and with a plan, that is what your government is more scared of than anything else, and that is why there is a concerted effort to stop people from communicating freely and planning any real protest.

I would agree that these things are happening elsewhere and not in the US because the people of those nations are more political, more passionate, more free-thinking and more critical of government. One of the major differences is that most other nations don't think "we the people" means "government" or "military". In most other countries "we the people" actually means the PEOPLE, collectively, in a spirit of solidarity without that political points scoring you have in the USA.

There are different types of nationalism. The nationalism if the USA is built on the adoration of a powerful government "team", while meaningless and petty confrontations consume the right and left. In many other countries nationalism and pride is derived from the community of citizens and not dictated by government.

Good luck to them. We've seen that countries can do it - Iceland. I hope they succeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Look at those entitled freaks asking for lower bus fares, instead of protesting they could be out finding a better job. Corporations are people my friends, and profits have to be made. We can't allow these moochers to take over our government.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So much for South America being a safe harbor...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

All it would take to bring the whole system crashing down, is a worldwide strike!

I dont know what these protests will do really, apart from bring the riot police out with their cannons and bullets, unless of course, people storm Government Offices (like in V for Vendetta)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2013 by grubblesnert because: removed post due to youtube dropping vid

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Look at those entitled freaks asking for lower bus fares, instead of protesting they could be out finding a better job. Corporations are people my friends, and profits have to be made. We can't allow these moochers to take over our government.

You really haven't been keeping up on events in Brazil at all, have you? Wow..... The Police have been clearing and in many cases, leveling to the ground, entire neighborhoods or "Favelas" for quite some time now. Some who lived in these slums are getting other accommodations. A good % are being directed toward the city limits and told to figure out their own future, as no one in Rio gives a damn in any official way. It's a horrible way to solve what has been a serious problem. That's just Rio.

I've wondered how long it would take, if ever, they'd stand as a whole and say enough is enough and it ends now. The Bus Fare was ONLY the very last straw to bring out the last groups that triggered everything else. It's a bad situation nation-wide down there. To follow wires right now, it's getting worse, quickly.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
To people ho wants to understand what's happening here in Brasil

and a second video here

Please help us make this revolution... spread this issue arround the World!
edit on 18-6-2013 by Emerson4br because: video links problem

edit on 18-6-2013 by Emerson4br because: Understanding the link add

edit on 18-6-2013 by Emerson4br because: Fix it :p

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for your comment about Brasil, i posted a couple of youtube videos to make people like you see the true, you are very inportant to us.. please spread this info and sorry my poor english!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hey guy's, I read this forum for a long time, but I never posted.. I created this account to help you guys to understand whats is going on.. So if u guy's need any translation or information just ask me ok?!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has said she is proud of the tens of thousands of people who have taken to the streets to demand better education, schools and transport. "My government is listening to the voices calling for change," said Ms Rousseff in her first comments since Monday night's protests. The protests began with demands for bus fare hikes to be revoked. They have turned into a nationwide demonstration against bad governance. "Brazil has woken up a stronger country," said President Rousseff.

seems the president is in support of the protestors so i dont see a crack down coming perhaps they will accomplish what they are trying to get done and doing so in a mostly non violent way. it also seems that some of the local mayors are reducing bus fair rates allready so at least the initial goal has been met,now if they can only come to some kind of consensus about the world cup issue

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join