It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Mic Catches Egyptian Politician Discussing ‘War’ with ‘Enemies’ Israel and America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Just last month, Secretary of State John Kerry quietly sent Egypt an additional $1.3 billion, even though Egypt has failed to live up to democracy standards. That largesse didn’t stop a prominent Egyptian politician from talking about Egypt’s “enemy” the United States in what some pundits are classifying as a classic and embarrassing “hot mic” moment.

President Mohammed Morsi gathered a group of politicians last week who thought they were speaking privately at a parliamentary meeting. But as seen in an Egyptian television video of the meeting — excerpts of which were later translated by the Middle East Media and Research Institute (MEMRI) — they were actually on live television, cringingly discussing secret ways to stop Ethiopia’s Nile River dam project which threatens water flowing to Egypt.

The New York Times blog reports: Unaware that their words were being broadcast live on a state-owned television channel, many of those seated around the table said the dam was in fact a secret American and Israeli plot to undermine Egypt that must be stopped at all costs.

The participants learned they were on live TV only after Magdi Ahmad Hussein, chairman of the Islamic Labor Party, suggested that all present vow not to leak any information to the media. Before being told he was on television, Hussein described the U.S. as an enemy [emphasis added]: I’m very fond of battles. With the enemies, of course – with America and Israel, but this battle must be waged with maximum judiciousness and calm. Even though this is a secret meeting, we must all take an oath not to leak anything to the media, unless it is done officially by sister Pakinam [el-Sharkawy, a Morsi aide]. We need an official plan for popular national security, even if we…

News Link

Best stuff starts around 4:50 in the video
edit on 17-6-2013 by Antz2xplicit because: Added video time

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but this really looks like it was all done on purpose.

It's almost like they were acting or knew it would be broadcast.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

The part that gets me is that the US gave them 1.3 billion. Man I wish my credit was that never ending.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
lol the TV cameras should have been a hint.
It looks as though politicians are plain stupid everywhere.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Maybe it's just me, but this really looks like it was all done on purpose.

It's almost like they were acting or knew it would be broadcast.

Sorry…am I in the wrong thread?

This does seem a little fishy but just consider Obama’s open mic incident with Russia prior to the 2012 election?

I don’t doubt Egypt’s hatred for US and Israel. After all, the ME is full of haters and murderers, and US installed the Muslim Brotherhood in place of a guy who wanted at least SOME peace with his neighbors.

The peaceful people of the ME had better reel in the radicals before the “Bomb Bomb Egypt” video gets posted…just saying!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Gives more proof of what I posted here. This is about the guy who did the shootings in California. You know where Morsi is from. Yes President Morsi was a professor in California for years. His kids and wife are still in California.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by JBA2848 Well this one seems to go to the Egyptian Uprising blow back. The Jordanian Royal Military man moves to Ohio. He brings his whole family to the US. He died a short time ago at 75. His daughter moves to California. Her husband has a amateur radio licence at the house that was burned down. Her sister is Neda Zawahiri who has videos posted on the internet speaking about how the Egyptian Uprising is such a great thing. But then you have a son who is pissed off his family does this type of thing to there own kind in the Middle East. They put him in a mental institution because he threatened to go Jihad. Well he finally did go Jihad and killed his family then tried to go after Americans.
www.nicholasinstitute.duke.edu...

Zawahri received her Ph.D. from the University of Virginia. Her research interests include conflict and cooperation between adversaries, international institutions, environmental security, the political economy of developing nations, Middle East politics, and South Asian politics with focus on India and Pakistan.
facultyprofile.csuohio.edu...

Creative and Activities: INVITED LECTURES Arab Spring and its Impact on the Israeli-Palestinian Dispute, Oberlin College, November 2012 Designing Treaties to Govern International Rivers, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, June 2012 Governing International Rivers, Tel Aviv University, June 2012. Designing Treaties to Govern International Rivers, Duke University, April 2012. COUNTDOWN 2012: Middle East A Panel Discussion with Experts from North East Ohio, at Cleveland Council on World Affairs, March 2012. The Arab Uprising of 2011, at Case Western Reserve University, February 2011. Managing the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers to Facilitate Cooperation and mitigate Conflict, at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson Center, October 2010. Managing International Rivers in the Middle East and South Asia, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, March 2010. Adapting to Climate Change in the Middle East, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, March 2010. An Introduction to Iran, Cleveland Council on World Affairs' Bridges Across the World Program, October 2009. Governing Middle Eastern Waters, University of Michigan Law School, April 2009. Attempts to Govern the Jordan River System, New Mexico State University, February 2009. INVITED WORKSHOPS Securitization of Migration, Water, and Climate Change Linkages in the Middle East, Water Security Conference, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, December 2012 (with Jeannie Sowers and Erika Weinthal) Advancing Cooperation in the Euphrates and Tigris Region: Institutional Development and Multidisciplinary Perspectives, Max Planck Institute for Comparative Law and International Law, Okan University and the Euphrates and Tigris Initiative for Cooperation, May 2012. Assessing Household Water Security in the Middle East and North Africa, International Water Security Conference, Oxford University April, 2012 (with Jeannie Sowers and Erika Weinthal). Building Institutional Adaptive Capacity to Respond to Climate Change in the Middle East, Building Adaptive Capacity to Respond to Climate Change in the Middle East Yale University September 2010. Climate Adaptation in the Middle East and North Africa: Challenges and Opportunities Workshop at Harvard University, May 2010. Politics of "Dirty" Water in the Middle East and North Africa, Workshop on Water Security, International Studies Association, February 2010. Research Grants: Co-Principal Investigator, USAID Technical Leadership Annual Program, 2012 Faculty Scholarship Initiative Award, 2011 Co-Principal Investigator Social Science Research Council, 2011 Co-Principal Investigator U.S. Department of Education Title VI-A Grant, 2005
She was in Pakistan in January as a speaker at a UN University. www.gcu.edu.pk...
edit on 8-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)
" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

Originally posted by JBA2848 Well this one seems to go to the Egyptian Uprising blow back. The Jordanian Royal Military man moves to Ohio. He brings his whole family to the US. He died a short time ago at 75. His daughter moves to California. Her husband has a amateur radio licence at the house that was burned down. Her sister is Neda Zawahiri who has videos posted on the internet speaking about how the Egyptian Uprising is such a great thing. But then you have a son who is pissed off his family does this type of thing to there own kind in the Middle East. They put him in a mental institution because he threatened to go Jihad. Well he finally did go Jihad and killed his family then tried to go after Americans. www.nicholasinstitute.duke.edu...

Zawahri received her Ph.D. from the University of Virginia. Her research interests include conflict and cooperation between adversaries, international institutions, environmental security, the political economy of developing nations, Middle East politics, and South Asian politics with focus on India and Pakistan.
facultyprofile.csuohio.edu...

Creative and Activities: INVITED LECTURES Arab Spring and its Impact on the Israeli-Palestinian Dispute, Oberlin College, November 2012 Designing Treaties to Govern International Rivers, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, June 2012 Governing International Rivers, Tel Aviv University, June 2012. Designing Treaties to Govern International Rivers, Duke University, April 2012. COUNTDOWN 2012: Middle East A Panel Discussion with Experts from North East Ohio, at Cleveland Council on World Affairs, March 2012. The Arab Uprising of 2011, at Case Western Reserve University, February 2011. Managing the Euphrates and Tigris Rivers to Facilitate Cooperation and mitigate Conflict, at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson Center, October 2010. Managing International Rivers in the Middle East and South Asia, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, March 2010. Adapting to Climate Change in the Middle East, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, March 2010. An Introduction to Iran, Cleveland Council on World Affairs' Bridges Across the World Program, October 2009. Governing Middle Eastern Waters, University of Michigan Law School, April 2009. Attempts to Govern the Jordan River System, New Mexico State University, February 2009. INVITED WORKSHOPS Securitization of Migration, Water, and Climate Change Linkages in the Middle East, Water Security Conference, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, December 2012 (with Jeannie Sowers and Erika Weinthal) Advancing Cooperation in the Euphrates and Tigris Region: Institutional Development and Multidisciplinary Perspectives, Max Planck Institute for Comparative Law and International Law, Okan University and the Euphrates and Tigris Initiative for Cooperation, May 2012. Assessing Household Water Security in the Middle East and North Africa, International Water Security Conference, Oxford University April, 2012 (with Jeannie Sowers and Erika Weinthal). Building Institutional Adaptive Capacity to Respond to Climate Change in the Middle East, Building Adaptive Capacity to Respond to Climate Change in the Middle East Yale University September 2010. Climate Adaptation in the Middle East and North Africa: Challenges and Opportunities Workshop at Harvard University, May 2010. Politics of "Dirty" Water in the Middle East and North Africa, Workshop on Water Security, International Studies Association, February 2010. Research Grants: Co-Principal Investigator, USAID Technical Leadership Annual Program, 2012 Faculty Scholarship Initiative Award, 2011 Co-Principal Investigator Social Science Research Council, 2011 Co-Principal Investigator U.S. Department of Education Title VI-A Grant, 2005
She was in Pakistan in January as a speaker at a UN University. www.gcu.edu.pk...
edit on 8-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
funny

most egyptians.. over 80% think ethiopias dam is an attempt to challenge egypt

they dont need a dam...but the main point..listen to this

Nasser, Egypts old president had a big problem with the IMF not allowing him credit to build a dam...
as the IMF refused to release money to build the aswan dam...nasser nationalised the suez canal..in order to pay for the dam themselves.

so now they see ethiopoia getting funds for a dam...even though they have no international income.

yes the egyptians will see this as an act of war

turkey and egypt are being provoked at the moment...not wise...

edit on 17-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
The peaceful people of the ME had better reel in the radicals before the “Bomb Bomb Egypt” video gets posted…just saying!!

And who's country has been on a crusade to the save the world from terrorism while bombing cities?
Who's country is responsible for the middle east hatred of the west ?
Who's country tries to bully their way around the middle east ?
Who's country is out of control with drone attacks invading air space ?
why don't you reel in your radicals

just sayin

edit on 17/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

And who's country has been on a crusade to the save the world from terrorism while bombing cities?

Mine!

Who's country is responsible for the middle east hatred of the west?
Yours (if youre from the ME) and mine! Let’s face it….the ME has been murdering for hundreds of years. You can’t blame everything on the west!

Who's country tries to bully their way around the middle east?

Mine!

Who's country is out of control with drone attacks invading air space?

Mine!

why don't you reel in your radicals

just sayin

We’re trying!! The difference in your case is that we can kick your arse! You’d better reel in the radicals and deal with them before you get the big US boot up you country’s arse. There’s not much we (Americans) can do to stop it, though we’re trying.

I’m looking out for you!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

We’re trying!! The difference in your case is that we can kick your arse! You’d better reel in the radicals and deal with them before you get the big US boot up you country’s arse.

Seriously .

Talk like that really isn't making many friends in the middle east now is it? Hell talk like that won't win you many friends anywhere but there is always a few i guess .

However if your country people can't reel in their radicals who are you to demand another country to do the same then beat them up for not doing so .

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Double
edit on 17-6-2013 by tracehd1 because: Double post

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am curious about John Zawahri's connection to these comments. His Aunt is the one i posted earlier that is tied to the US and UN on Conflict Resolution and water ways. Was his attack related to terrorism? The letter in his pocket said he hopes his mother is taken care of financially after he does his attack. And when it comes to suicide bombers and terrorist Saudi Arabia and Palestinians have been known to pay the families of suicide bombers and terrorist. Do we need to add Egypt to that list now?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
This is so werid!!!! If we are an enemy then why did they give a poor fellow citizen 11 yrs for burning a bible?? Seems like they wouldnt care since we are the enemy. Personally... I believe everyone has a right to burn flags or books of Nations they dont get along with to show how they feel. Everybody should have a right (in a non-violent matter against people) to show how they feel. I personally wouldnt burn anyones "bible" but some do and have and will.
Js

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Seriously .

Talk like that really isn't making many friends in the middle east now is it? Hell talk like that won't win you many friends anywhere but there is always a few i guess .

Hey, the truth is a tuff pill to swallow.

If you want to continue to be victimized then keep up your attitude. It is what it is and it’s been proven many times (and probably many times to come).

However if your country people can't reel in their radicals who are you to demand another country to do the same then beat them up for not doing so .

I wish it was that easy. Before you throw stones my way (or at women for adultery) maybe you should spend some quality introspective time and figure out why you and your ME culture can NEVER seem to get along with ANYONE, including other factions within your own damn culture…

Just sayin’!

We’re not over here killing our neighbors for being infidels…..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

lol still don't realize where i am from do you .

do carry on
watching a bigoted ass make a fool of himself is always amusing

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To Egypt:

The Ethiopia Dam Project is in Saudi Arabia's interest.

When Saudi Arabia couldn't get anymore GOLD from America for oil and declared in 2007 they weren't accepting US Dollars for oil anymore....the Saud's were getting prepared to leave America long before that.

THE LARGEST Dairy Farm in the world is.....in the middle of the desert in Saudi Arabia.....where they gettin' all the hay to feed Saudi Arabia's massive Dairy Farm?.....

The Saud's want the Nile dammed....increase Ethiopia irrigation so they can export HAY to Saudi Arabia for their Dairy Farm.

Egypt....it's Saudi Arabia who want the Nile dammed. YOU ain't gonna stop Saudi Arabia.

They have NUKES now.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The corporations want the dam. It is all about supplying electricity for there future markets. It is hard to build a economy of people who buy useless things over and over again because the TV said everybody has to have one without electricity. And nuclear power will not be allowed for Africa. Libya had a couple and France was building one for them when it was attacked. I guess Qaddafi wanting to be the President of the African Union was just a little to hard for TPTB to swallow.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm gonna get on my soapbox for a second.

The Muslim world is SO FAR OUT in left field, so on the periphery in human relations, in a global community sense, that it is really pointless to mention that their hatred of Israel, once exhausted (and Israel out of the picture), will be reinvigorated time and again so long as infidels continue to exist.

People talk about global warming. Fine, I agree, it is a major ecological problem. But up there with global warming, in a geopolitical sociological sense, Islam is a problem. I don't mean Islam inherently poses a problem, I just mean, there are hundreds of millions (or so) million fundamentalist Muslims who practice a religion that thrived in the 11th century, who still subscribe to an outdated theological and metaphysical doctrine (al Ghazali) that intrinsically conflicts with modern philosophical and scientific premises. This is what fuels fundamentalism. This is why it is so pervasive, why it seems to go into hibernation rather than go away.

It's hard not to see a video like this and feel contempt for the Egyptian populace who voted this government in. How can they hold feelings like - conspire so readily without regard to any serious thought to coexistence? Why do they harbor such aggression towards America and Israel? A simple answer would be: because their religious Fanatics. But that wouldn't really be fair to the denizens of other religious people - Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists - who, in comparison, are relatively benign. I want a solution to this problem that will last - and getting rid of Israel is merely a band-aid, this is something that anyone who understands anything about Islam, politics and the application of logic can easily comprehend.

AHHH, but these issues far too complex for the simple folk. Once things get too "twisted", once too many variables, or a "causal nexus" becomes spoken about, they can hardly pay attention anymore. It's become too confusing. Its just easier to reject and side with the simpler - and more emotionally fulfilling - explanation. Israel = bad, Egypt = Good. Once Israel gone, Heaven on earth. And so thought the Germans too, that once the Jews were gone, there would be Valhalla on earth. But no, such utopian, extremist goals which seek to remove a perceived evil from the world always turns out bad. Whether Nazis (Jews), communists (the wealthy), Fundamentalist Muslims (non-Muslims). These people are bad.

To make matters even worse, Islam is a religion, and it is simply wrong to condemn another religion. It is therefore a PR hot button to say: Islam as a religion poses a problem for modernity, for a future global civilization. We can't say that outright. Rather, we need (and have been) to go about more surreptitiously, quietly, in the wings: inject western concepts into their education systems, expose them to western media (like pop hits, house music, etc), this will get rid of the craziness and explosive unpredictability of their Islamism.

You may think I'm being facetious, but no - there's very good reason to believe this is what's happening.

Any sane nation will do better than to think it's wise to prefer Islamists than to support Israel. You can, of course, cultivate relations with both - but you better make sure the Islamists are willing to COEXIST, and aren't planning in the background against the Israelis. That would not bode well for Israel, the West, or the Muslim world.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

We’re trying!! The difference in your case is that we can kick your arse! You’d better reel in the radicals and deal with them before you get the big US boot up you country’s arse.

Seriously .

Are you kidding me? SeaBag has made a friend out of me!! LOL
Egypt...what to do with Egypt....There is sooooo much we can do here.....
Morsi is a fool, talking a fools game with other fools, he had better be careful before he kicks the big American boot up his arse. Seriously, I just got out of another thread from another poster about how "Professionals" in politics never make mistakes and divulge this info, LMFAO I rest my case....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

lol still don't realize where i am from do you .

Canada!

Sorry, it's hard to distinguish between someone from the ME and a ME sympathizer because they sound the same. I guess I should have glanced at your avatar.

do carry on watching a bigoted ass make a fool of himself is always amusing

I'm not making bigoted statements. The ME is in a perpetual state of war and has been for hundreds of years, long before my country came into the picture.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join