It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Modified Organisim sign posted above my farm.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Are you the one that posted this on reddit? That thread had some good answers.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No I don't do reddit. You have a link to that?
Nvm I found it and tried to sort through that wall of generic reddit replies.
edit on 20-6-2013 by drivers1492 because: 'cause

edit on 20-6-2013 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

I don't really think the deer answer fits. If they are only removing the smaller deer why would someone being there have any effect on that? Its not as if the deer are going to stay within the fence lines.

OT: Have fun on vacation. I am an amusement park junkie!! Cedar Point in Sand Dusky, OH is my favorite! We try to go at least once a year somewhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A link to an album with more pictures

Assuming it's the same sign what with the marijuana leaf that's drawn in.

Link to Reddit thread

OP update here. My brother contacted the local press as suggested, and we are awaiting a call back from the state game warden. My mother got a reply from the address at the bottom of the sign. It was about as sketchy as the sign. Noted here, "No worries. Only selection experimentation is going to happen. Essentially, this is taking only smaller deer from the land to allow larger deer to propagate."

So either that or trolling trespassers/hunters is my guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I know who took those photos that lady lives up near me. Her son is the one that drew the leaf on the sign. But yeah I'm starting to agree it seems more like bs than anything real. I'm gonna keep riding up looking bout once a week and see if they are trapping up there or anything else.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I think it's probably a joke. It's the kind of thing I would put up if I had a large property.

I'm certainly not condoning this but I would be REAL tempted to unscrew one of those eyebolts and rally the crap out of that road in the WRX. "I have no idea how that mud got on my license plate Officer!"

Is the sign new? Seems weird I've seen it pop up in two different places with two different folks. I'm assuming it's a rather remote location. Also how cool is the internet?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yeah the sign went up about a week ago i guess its been. Its sort of remote but things spread on net it seems. My arctic cat 500 can drive under the sign if I lift it up. Not that I would trespass or nothing...
It's beautiful up there and I've been running that road since I was a little kid and used to visit my grandmother when she owned this place.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I feel like if we were neighbors there would already be an answer.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Cool thread.

If the sheriff doesn't know anything about it then i imagine you can take the sign down if it bothers you.. The sheriff HAS to know about it IF the county gave Monsanto (or whoever) permission to block the public road.

Or he's just ignorant of the situation and doesn't pay attention to county memos.

I'd contact the county to see if they gave someone permission to block the road - if they did not - contact the local media. Someone therefore is trying to illegally use some land they feel if too out of the way for anyone to bother with. You could bust this thing wide open.
edit on 20-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Test post..

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
My question here would be where is your local Co-OP, the Farm Bureau and, most importantly, your insurance company in all of this.

If a sign like that went up around here a SHTF explosion would occur. Decades ago people would trespass on your land, throw one of their kids in a ravine to break a leg or something, then sue for millions. They got away for a few years until all those laws were changed and inexpensive mandatory land management insurance was offered by the Farm Bureau-all that was required was posted notices every 1000 fence feet. To hell with the local law my first phone call would be to my insurance agent who would short stroke this all the way to the home office. That is there job and what you pay them for. They hate paying out negligence land claims and would overreact to the max. Probably, from a phone in the top of the Prudential in Boston they would hire someone locally to tear it down and burn it.

True, you are not in the Tennessee valley, and your region is more remote I'm sure. That is what is puzzling to me is you have not considered the fact that someone is scamming your land to set you up for a lawsuit. If you are thinking " no, people around here would not do that just for money" you are wrong because YES THEY WILL-I have been there and I know.

I could be off base here however as one landowner to another at least consider this.

Your land is not insured against inclusion?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Still seems no information is readily available and no one seems interested outside of those who live locally here. I'm leaving in the morning for a week and my father (who is the land owner) is mostly out of contact in Canada for about another week. Since no one seems to be able to get any information the sign is going to be removed by one of us that lives up here. If it is replaced it will be removed as well until the person answering the emails provides us with satisfactory information. I will update of course if more info comes available to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

I understand where your coming from and you are correct in that the property they have blocked is not signed out correctly. Mine is and its insured and was inspected to be 100% in spec for that insurance. I highly doubt someone is setting up for a scam on my property but you never know. Personally I think its hunters with some bs at this point but we will see.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I found out an interesting bit of information last week that I wanted to share with the ATS community. Here in ND we are in the "grain belt" and it is estimated that we grow anywhere from 60-70% of the worlds grains including wheat, barely, soybeans, sunflower, corn, oats, and several other grains in lesser quantities.

The farmers up here have been growing more and more of the "Roundup Ready" crops because of the benefits of pest control. There are very few farmers that don't grow the Monsanto Roundup ready crops and apparently that number will be getting even smaller now that the farmers are getting paid by Monsanto to plant the GMO weed and pesticide resistant crops.

I learned about these subsidies by Monsanto last week. While at a benefit dinner at our local pub I was talking to several friends of mine that are large farmers (5,000+ acres) and they were talking about the benefits of the GMO crops as far as increased production and less loss.

One of the farmers is growing some of the new Monsanto Droughtguard corn this summer as part of the testing trials and he was going on about how great it was since it could grow on half the amount of water as regular corn. These people are my friends and are some good people and would help anyone in need, they are just simple down to earth farmers but have no clue about the dangers of the GMO crops.

I did some searching about the Monsanto Roundup Ready soybeans that a couple of them are growing and this is what I found.

Glyphosate kills plants by interfering with the synthesis of the essential amino acids phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan. These amino acids are called "essential" because animals cannot make them; only plants and micro-organisms can make them and animals obtain them by eating plants.[1]

Plants and microorganisms make these amino acids with an enzyme that only plants and lower organisms have, called 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase (EPSPS).[2] EPSPS is not present in animals, which instead obtain aromatic amino acids from their diet.[3]

Roundup Ready Soybeans express a version of EPSPS from the CP4 strain of the bacteria, Agrobacterium tumefaciens, expression of which is regulated by an enhanced 35S promoter (E35S) from cauliflower mosaic virus (CaMV), a chloroplast transit peptide (CTP4) coding sequence from Petunia hybrida, and a nopaline synthase (nos 3') transcriptional termination element from Agrobacterium tumefaciens.[4] The plasmid with EPSPS and the other genetic elements mentioned above was inserted into soybean germplasm with a gene gun by scientists at Monsanto and Asgrow.[5][6]

Glyphosate is the technical name for Roundup.

LINK

We are messing with nature with these GMO foods, and more dangerous yet we are physically and chemically altering these foods on a cellular level. Many of the enzymes within our food are required to react with enzymes in our digestive system for proper digestion and absorbtion of our food.

I have stated to my friends in the farming community here about the dangers of these Monsanto crops but sadly most of it falls on deaf ears. They are so brainwashed by the "experts" that they actually think they are doing good by planting these crops, and I am sure the subsidies play a part in it as well.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join