It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetically Modified Organisim sign posted above my farm.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There could be someone growing some currently illegal plants up in the woods there, and want to keep folks from snooping around too. I agree with Gazrok, contact the local press, they are always looking for a good story to "sell papers" and get ad revenue.

Please keep us all posted on updates as they come in too.

S&F

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Kind of freaky for you, I can only imagine.

For me sitting in another state, I keep seeing the next Jurrasic Park!

Please keep us posted. I would love to know how this turns out.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Actually, the gmail account doesn't surprise me. Gmail is actually used by businesses who may not want the information as to what business they are to be publicly available. It's a cheap way to keep the business name "classified" to avoid harassment. University of Kentucky apparently does GMO work but from what I can tell, it's been plants (tobacco, soybean) mixed with cow, human or rat genes but that's all old research (2003),. However, they do apparently do GM experiments in Kentucky so that could be your candidate if the sign isn't an unique way to scare off trespassers.
edit on 18/6/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Been following the thread, might want to take into account,
that it maybe hoaxed-not saying the poster of the thread but the sign itself, in bad taste that is considering all that is going on...

Good thread replies already, will try to suggest what is not already shared... call your local county, ask them what they know. As it's concerning as a to a possible leak of what ever may be tested, locals should be aware of the situation. If they are not on top of it, make a poster or two for your local store bulletin board, or other, demanding information, alerting, etc. Even to go as far as question the EPA.

Hope to hear back from the situation, best of luck.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Leaf? I cant tell because the picture is blurry but it looks like a poorly drawn mosquito to me.
science.howstuffworks.com...

Some mosquito's have 4 wings

edit on 18-6-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Leaf? I cant tell because the picture is blurry but it looks like a poorly drawn mosquito to me.
science.howstuffworks.com...

Some mosquito's have 4 wings

edit on 18-6-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

That's what I seen, a mosquito, with that being very concerning... If in that case, OP make sure you have no standing water, citronella candles, mosquito protection, etc.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well I have made zero progress. The local sheriff came out and looked around and said he would be in touch and if I saw the vehicle again to call it immediately and he would have a car come out and see if they could get any info. Said he would call around to see if he could find anything out. I submitted the info and photo to the local paper but haven't heard back from them.

I did take my atv up the mountain. I can drive around that part of the road on my land and it links up a little higher up the hill. There are signs of an unusual amount of atv traffic up there as well as one vehicle recently. Spent some time walking through areas that are clear enough for the local growers
but there was nothing. The 2 old moonshine stills are deserted and haven't been disturbed other than all the copper is gone. Really nothing unusual other that increased traffic has been up there. The springs I usually fill my canteen up from is going strong. I decided to skip filling up this go around.

So in all nothing to add to the conversation. The "leaf" on the sign was drawn by a guy up the hill. I spoke with them a bit ago.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Stay on this...

It could be important.

Thanks for updating.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Thanks for the update!! This is one story I am hooked on following!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Keep us posted. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Been doing some searches. I'm not sure if this is a 100% link but there was a Kenia T Bosco that did research and a journal on GMO Maize in Brazil around 2006-7. There doesn't seem to be any Bosco corporation so if this isnt a funny sign then it is probably more along the lines of scientific trials with grant money.

pubget.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Mutagenics ?
Ohhh dear. That's island of Dr Moreau stuff . Sounds like they're messing with wild life . Could be something as simple as butterflies ,but that's just creepy .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Could be something as simple as butterflies ,but that's just creepy .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

There are actually some rather current experiments going on in regards to reducing mosquito populations or wiping them out entirely to prevent the spread of various diseases that utilize mosquitoes as their vector, such as West Nile, dengue fever and malaria. Kentucky would probably be an issue area for West Nile Virus so I think it'd be, between the picture of the bug in the corner of the sign, this other research on genetically modified mosquitoes for population reduction, and its climate, that this is a repeat of a similar experiment that took place in either South America and the Florida Keys within the last year or so.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.outsideonline.com...

Nice catch on the bug on the sign, guys. 99% sure that it is probably a similar experiment to the ones mentioned in the above articles.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I sent an email to the gmail address on the sign yesterday and received this back earlier today:

'No worries. Only selection experimentation is going to happen. Essentially, this is taking only smaller deer from the land to allow larger deer to propagate.'

Sounds harmless but what the heck does this really mean?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by grannyk
I sent an email to the gmail address on the sign yesterday and received this back earlier today:

'No worries. Only selection experimentation is going to happen. Essentially, this is taking only smaller deer from the land to allow larger deer to propagate.'

Sounds harmless but what the heck does this really mean?

Might be so good news for some Bucks.

It's probably harmless....But question everything.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Weird.....wild deer huh? Wonder what that has to do with GMOS.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Genetically modified deer?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If I read their response correctly, they are removing the smaller bucks and does from the localized population, so that only the larger bucks and does breed, therefore passing on their genes for size. I guess the followup questions to ask are "where are the smaller deer going?" and "who is behind the action?"

Or, is this answer a smokescreen for something else? My bet is that they will simultaneously tag, track, and inject any remaining deer with growth hormones.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well no one has seen the vehicle again and there has been no activity on the mountain. I got that little deer email as well. Not sure I understand that one. We have some large bucks around here the last couple of years hopefully there will be no injections or anything of the sort. I am curious if this is what they are going to do what do they plan on doing with the smaller deer? Larger deer means more hunters and the numbers are fine in these parts so they should just let them be. If I hear anything I will update soon as I hear. I'm leaving monday morning for about 8 days to go play at 6 flags and my old stomping grounds in Florida. Thanks for the involvement and opinions everyone I do appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join