It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Poll: 66% cannot name running Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
And I even gave you the military records, just as you asked
What did you think of them

And if you think my credibility is shot, you never even listened to me before so its not that much of a change. Even if I gave you a picture of Mr. Bush doing something incredibly stupid on national television with a signed affadavit that it was him you would dismiss it as a hoax. Nothing has changed, and I still have more credibility than our president

XAOS

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Bush�s stance on a few issues:

nutritional programs for 10 million children � against.
constitutional rights � against.
The right to organize into unions � against.
Affirmative action � against.
Prohibitions on racial profiling � against.
Measures to eliminate poverty � against.
Environmental protections � against.
Extending unemployment benefits � against.
Protecting pension plans � against.
Immigrant rights � against.
Abortion rights � against.
Universal health care � against.
Medicare and Medicaid � against.
Gay and disabled rights � against.
Low-income housing � against.
Funding education � against

Woo-hoo. Go Bush.

This Is America's election. Go ahead, have fun. Just be sure to give the rest of the world as good a laugh as you did last time eh?

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos

And astro, I admit I was wrong on a few topics. But the bulk of my argument was strong. Unless you can prove otherwise. If you have the info, I will accept it, like I accepted bob's. But until you give me info, I will not bend.

XAOS

See xaos, its not "I make these suppositions..prove me wrong." I could make any kind of accusation and ask you to prove me wrong or it is right? Do you see my problem with that logic? Your saying this is cast in stone unless someone can prove me wrong?

To all other posters, is this an ideology you all agree with?

I mean I accept that you believe these things yourself but to mandate we all take these things as fact because no one has given information to the contrary, I just can't logically give credibilty to your argument. No matter what the subject. Maybe if these are only your ideas, it might be good to take the approach of " In my opinion, such and such is true." Rather than; " This is fact unless you prove me wrong."

I presented the facts with source and you are the one who picked them apart with no proof..and in fact Bob had to re-prove your accusations and exaggerations by your own admission.

making the statement, "My credibiltiy is still in tact." amidst a majority of posters on this topic telling you it isn't does not make it so. I find it very difficult to justify this method of reasoning.

I don't want to get into a personal thing with you about this as I prefer to have civil conversations but I think maybe we are on two different levels of logic and emotion. I'm not condenming emotion at all, its just not where I come from. I think maybe your ideas are fine for you and I hope you aren't taking all this that seriously as I fear many posters do from the rage thats apparent in their ravings.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
But, I never said my credibility is still intact. I only was mentioning that I never had any credibility in the first place. No matter how much info I gave, you would still deny it. That is okay though, I don't blame you. But you are taking two things from my posts, two statements among many and generalizing. If two wrong statements are all that it takes to lose credibility, why are you still listening to bush?

If you would like to verify your statement that all of what I posted was false, then I will welcome it. But until then, I shall take it as a falsehood and consider you to have lost your credibility.

And as for the ideology of "here is my argument, prove me wrong", that is the basis for all debates. I present a piece of info, and it is considered truth until proven false. If you want, I could give you links to all of my info, but I didnt want to go to that effort if you were not going to click on the link. But I could easily give you links if you ask.

Isnt the philosophy of "I believe this to be true" the same as "in my opinion, this is fact"? Anything you think to be true, can be shot down, it happens all the time. For example: the healthiness of eggs fluctuates almost weekly. If you were told by someone in authority on a topic that something that you previously held to be fact was wrong, wouldnt you accept it without a fight? It was once true to you, and to everyone else, but now its false? Was it ever true? It is the same with my arguments. I accept that they are fallible, but as of yet I have seen nothing to prove them wrong. But my offer still stands

XAOS

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Okay, good luck with all.....that.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks

XAOS

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
George Bush has shown that even the most stupid man in the world can get into the White House and stay there.

Maybe the democrats should get farther down the food chain to try to have decent debate with Mr Bush. I hear McCaw parrots have the average intellegence of a three year old child, and they are good at repeating what they have been told.

Polly for President!!!

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
those polls at CBS only prove one thing...
POLLS DONT WORK! hah

just a week n a half ago they asked the same questions on CNNs site n got different answers completely. hah.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join