It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born of the flesh VS Born of the spirit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That understanding as Christ put it was not in the context of any religion but for some is as natural as the natural birth that all of us experience.

And what He suggested was a birth given by an outside supernatural event and nothing generated within the common spirit that animates the body.

Some religions believe that this spiritual state can be obtained by abstinence and self denial. Christ had it that abstinence and self denial were evidences of being born of the spirit and not measures to obtain though many christians are little different in their understanding of this than some eastern religions.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

That understanding as Christ put it was not in the context of any religion but for some is as natural as the natural birth that all of us experience.

And what He suggested was a birth given by an outside supernatural event and nothing generated within the common spirit that animates the body.

Some religions believe that this spiritual state can be obtained by abstinence and self denial. Christ had it that abstinence and self denial were evidences of being born of the spirit and not measures to obtain though many christians are little different in their understanding of this than some eastern religions.

Yet he said no man goes to heaven except those that came from heaven...

The so called "fathers" of your religion twisted the meaning... You are born of the spirit when you are born... because you were already spirit... which came to the flesh

I know you don't get that because you've been taught otherwise... but if you look deep enough you will realize what im saying... or remain in the dark

Its all up to you brother

edit on 18-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

The so called "fathers" of your religion twisted the meaning... You are born of the spirit when you are born... because you were already spirit... which came to the flesh

You are born with a spirit. But being born of the spirit is something altogether different.

I see you are having problems with that. Well no wonder considering that every time you comment to opposition your main line of defense is that the "fathers" have twisted every thing. I cant remember one time that you haven't confronted opposition to your ideas with this defense. You are twisted up in a fairly tight knot.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

You are born with a spirit. But being born of the spirit is something altogether different.

I see you are having problems with that. Well no wonder considering that every time you comment to opposition your main line of defense is that the "fathers" have twisted every thing. I cant remember one time that you haven't confronted opposition to your ideas with this defense. You are twisted up in a fairly tight knot.

Well that is just a blatant lie... but feel free to "bare false witness"

Yes we are born with a spirit... but as I've said, its the same thing... Jesus said "you must be born again" but he was speaking to nicodemus when he said that, who was a persecutor of everyone... a judge, and master of "his religion" which was Judaism... What Jesus meant was he was going to be "reborn" because his sins were to great to be forgiven in this life time.... and yes... YOUR religion, and specifically the "church fathers" twisted the meaning of being born again to mean something that happens in this life time...

I've met hundreds of "born again" Christians... NOT one is any different then before he/she became Christian... other then his belief system...

Believe whatever you like though brother...

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

Well that is just a blatant lie... but feel free to "bare false witness"

Well you don't mind insulting me with stereotypes and the like when you know nothing about me. In that regard your no better than the christians you smirch about being no different before and after.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Funny I didn't say I was better then anyone... Nor have I ever

Though its interesting that you always point out my tactics instead of my doctrine...

and assuming a stereotype based on your religion is hardly the same as lying about another person

edit on 18-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

For me your tactics say it all. And as far as doctrine you hardly post anything that isn't skewed or not presented in a atmosphere conducive with a demeaning and hateful position a priori and pejorative in tone.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Akragon
Those that eventually come to realise the spirit within will come to a cross road at some point in their lives... meaning a certain event will bring them to this realisation of the spirit though they might not know what is actually happening... Regardless this event will change their lives

Everybody is born from the flesh and then the spirit begins to exist. Then the surroundings of the spirit are made by the spirit and then at some point in development, the spirit will invent things to communicate with other spirits. This is how it is on all planets.

Many people are "waking up" to this realisation in this time we live in... and sadly enough, many are told that there is something wrong with them...

There is nothing wrong, except humans have had contact with an ET whose light we all followed instead of our own. The alien influence is subsiding in these times, the only problem left is trying to explain this to the world and making them change their future goal.

YOU can have only ONE master....

That was the aliens goal. It should be a planet or collective of souls can only have 1 leading male or female leading that side and the master means 'superior' as in those higher in rank or simply stronger and more convincing. So if the planet turns out matriarchical when a female is superior then the females lead, if it is patriarchical a male leads, then when they all go spacefaring is when the leaders of planets can date eachother.

Which side compels you to fight?

My own faction by using lasertag.
edit on 18/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

For me your tactics say it all. And as far as doctrine you hardly post anything that isn't skewed or not presented in a atmosphere conducive with a demeaning and hateful position a priori and pejorative in tone.

The feeling is entirely mutual...

but the difference is anyone who has seen your posts also know that slandering other members you disagree with is your favorite tactic...

On the other hand... anyone is free to look through my 13k some odd posts... and you will not find anything hateful

Its tragic that you feel you need to lie about me... but as I've said the top of this page...

Feel free to bear false witness... Seems to be your style when your wrong or come up against opposition

Typical Christian... How sad

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

The feeling is entirely mutual...

but the difference is anyone who has seen your posts also know that slandering other members you disagree with is your favorite tactic...

You apparently believe that anyone that strongly disagrees with you or confronts you about a post is a "slanderer". I say that because I don't use comments like "brainwashed" to describe people that don't flow with me in this sort of discussion. You do however quite regularly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join