It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born of the flesh VS Born of the spirit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by kalluk
Dear Akragon, strange Timing, don't you think!
You have given me some new thoughts and ideas.
I have finally found a place where it seems that there are People that think similar.
I am Feeling happy now.
The search of the truth is beginning.
There is still hope in human Kind.

coincidence doesn't exist my friend.... Everything happens for a reason...

I actually should have linked this in my OP because its highly relevant to this subject...

But no matter.... Who are you: Part 4... Who am i?

edit on 17-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I wish to give you an different outlook on coincidence vs happening for a reason. You say everything happens FOR a reason, meaning there is a known outcome, thus giving reasons for 'happenings'.

To be real, and specific, everything happens BECAUSE of the first reason. One reason, the first Reason, being a cause, to all existence. One single cause created all we can conceive of now and in the future. The predictability of anything after one cause may be simple, but extrapolate it over 13 billion years and things become quite a degree more difficult to predict.
Coincidence, on the other hand, is more accurate when used, as it aptly describes things happening without an apparent causal connection.

I said all that because I believe it and I have nothing else better to do with my time.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rychwebo

nothing wrong with that

Look at the word coincidence though... It describes itself...

Two instances coming together to form one instance...

I don't know whether or not everything that will happen is already known... but I wouldn't put it past the power of God...

Apparently all things are possible with him... so...

Thanks for your reply

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you truly believed that your actions on earth will be judged someday, then your actions on earth would change.

If you truly believed that your actions on earth will not be judged someday, then your actions on earth would not change. You would simply follow "animal instincts" which is to put yourself first at all times.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Actually that's not always true...

I know plenty of athiests who are far more giving, kind, courteous...and empathetic then many of those who believe strongly in some sort of deity

They fall into the category of not understanding what is actually happened to them...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Also not always true, one can be "kind, loving, and caring" and so on, but with greed behind their eyes. Think of a salesman. I don't want to hijack your thread and open that can of worms by saying atheists cannot be good people, and that all Christians are good people, because those are both false. So I wont touch that gesture [nor do I believe it].

What I was trying to point out, is that the 'root cause' behind the two types of people you described, is their view on whether there is truly consequences to our actions, whether there really is a life after death where we are judged for our actions.

Why do bad when we are always being watched? Or why do good when doing bad is better? These are the questions we have to ask to really dig into a man's heart, and you will find surprises from both those in the flesh and spirit believe me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hey ark! Thanks for the inspiration... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Name, from >nomen(latin) no men. The name is not the man.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

You're very welcome!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

What I was trying to point out, is that the 'root cause' behind the two types of people you described, is their view on whether there is truly consequences to our actions, whether there really is a life after death where we are judged for our actions.

Why do bad when we are always being watched?

Are there not consequences to your actions?And don't these events happen regardless of whether you feel will be judged (again?)when you are dead?
Are you always aware of your (self named)"bad" actions if so you are always being watched and self judged.
I just do not see the root cause of actions being based on whether or not we will be judged after death or if we are always watched by a judgmental punishing deity. Many people who believe both ideas( after death judgment & every action has a consequence) have still done much harm to others.

edit on 19-6-2013 by BDBinc because:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I know of lucid dreaming but how does that fit with the OP? I'm just curious ^_^

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awiseyoungchap

I know of lucid dreaming but how does that fit with the OP? I'm just curious ^_^

Umm... that is a good question, actually. The most spiritual Buddhists practice detachment, which is basically letting go of desires and wanting material goods.

There is one of them who was documented by scientists who lived in a cave, away from society, and because he was not as attached to this world, he was able to travel the globe in spirit through astral projection / astral travel.

Westerners would come ask him questions about their lives, and since he #1) was not attached, he was an good observer on their often trivial situations and #2) since he was really not attached, he could answer questions about what their homes looked like and such.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm familiar with Buddhist teaching my friend ^_^ I enjoyed them so much I actually started living by the philosophy about 7 years ago. Very interesting, maybe those who experience lucid dreaming are simply astro projecting? Interesting thoughts.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Speaking from a science perspective:

Do you think that since lower vibration equates to higher density, materialism promotes a lower vibration in our corporeal states? And the less we are attached to the material world, the more our vibration increases? This is purely speculation. I am firmly convinced that vibration plays a very significant role in all of this.
edit on 26-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

There is more to this existence then what we can see...

There is more to this existence than our primitive minds can even conceptualize.

Flesh VS Spirit is a gross simplification of a reality so complex, so intricate, and mysterious that we would be hard pressed to even call ourselves 'sentient'...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It's all about translations. As above so below. This reality is compounded in translation upon translation upon translation.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewtonDKC

Hello friend
Reading your heartfelt post was like looking into my own
Life along with all the uneasy feelings of not belonging

Or even wishing to be here of this earth.
I've always had thoughts that no one could grasp.
So I just wanted to say you are not alone.

Peace
FreeFalling

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

edit on 18-11-2013 by BardingTheBard because:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Did you plan on saying something or was that just a bump?

IF it was then thank you much

edit on 18-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Akragon
The internal struggle of the self verses the spirit...

A struggle indeed. For in this materialistic world a SPIRIT/SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY may seek to be as humble as possible, but when facing the material world that seems more influenced (currently) by material gain to survive in flesh the SPIRIT/SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY is challenged and must do its best to not fall victim as many have/are to these material gains.
Makes a lot of sense Akgragon 1 struggles as well @ times with this but tries to remember the overcoming's assist in making the SPIRIT/SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY stronger, good point...

Akragon
Its not a war of religion... its a war of the spirit vs the flesh... the physical world vs the immaterial

Agreed, attachment to what is physically seen & felt and detachment or non acknowledgment of what has always been there that may be more important in the long run.

Akragon
Which side do you choose?

SPIRIT/SOUL/INTERNAL ENERGY . Although it can be a seemingly uphill battle @ times when the materialistic influences seem to be all that is and what is needed to survive here.

Nice thread, very informative.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 11/18/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well once again.

Being born of the "spirit" is not like having your spirit born or reborn whatever you want to call it. Being born of the "spirit" is being born or enlightened by a "spirit" outside of yourself. The sprit of truth is what the person that famously made these distinctions was talking about.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Logarock
reply to post by Akragon

Well once again.

Being born of the "spirit" is not like having your spirit born or reborn whatever you want to call it. Being born of the "spirit" is being born or enlightened by a "spirit" outside of yourself. The sprit of truth is what the person that famously made these distinctions was talking about.

According to your religion, who made being "born of the spirit" something that happens once you accept "YOUR religion"... which is a lie...

Everyone is born of the spirit and flesh... just most don't realise it... like those of YOUR religion

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join