It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to go about selling my motorcycles as a lot online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone knows a good way to go about trying to sell off some motorcycles as a lot on the web. I have 4 bikes I want to sell as a group and alot of the sites except ebay and craigslist don't really give you guidance as to selling multiples as a group, most of them prompt you as though you are selling one bike which is understandable seeing as I am sure the majority of people minus dealers would want to sell 4 at once. Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to look or general advice as how to go about doing this? Please do not ask me whats for sale as I am not trying to use this site for buyers please only serious suggestions and advice.

Bman

(MODS: I am not trying to use this site for a sales ad)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There is a web site called mautofied it's a free site if you use 1 pic or you can pay a fee and post more pics. It's a good place to sell on.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

The question is .. .. . . Why all at once?

Are they Parts Vehicles?

Or

Are they a Matching Set?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

My roomate and I need more garage space we have a truck stored at another garage that is in pieces but they are losing that property so we have to empty space here. They are all complete bikes and kind of never get rode just take up space so I am trying to find the best way to get them out there for people who would ride them the truck is more of a priority so stuck in this situation figured the net would be the best way to get rid of them as a lot been unfortunate though cause most places i have been looking only deal with one at a time.

Pike13 hey I am checking that out as soon as im done typing this

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Any bike rallys or such events nearby? turn up put for sale $xxxx signs on each one and see if they go, even see if theres a local bike group who might just turn up and take em all for a good price and you'll save a fortune on ebay fee's etc

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I would post on Craigslist and sell them as a group.
Take individual pictures and list each as a set price.
Then take a group photo and price accordingly.

Pretty simple to me and I see people do this often.
Then again, I buy and sell on Craigslist frequently.

Goodluck.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Noooo, Dont give up motorcycling!
i wish i had a bike.

I say start with craigslist see if any one near by may want to make a deal. Supposedly the rule of thumb when selling in a bundle is that you must give a discount then when selling it individually. Like say for example you would post( buy 1 for $1,000 or all 4 for $3.800) save $200 dollars would be your cliche' which will attract more buyers. Eventually you will always confront those who want to make you a deal...or all the time

But if you just want to get rid of all 4 bikes then just be straight foward about it on your thread,
did i just say thread???, "serious buyers"
Straightfoward and very detailed about your bikes to make them feel reassured that what they are paying for is worth buying and worth the trip. Sometimes its good to be honest by telling them if one of the bikes has a problem or not because if someone likes the bikes and Drive all the way to your house and you tell them that one of the bikes has a problem you going to piss off quite a few people maybe even lose credibility. Honest is good.

Dont forget to add images and pics of every single bike. so make them look nicely clean and organized. The best way to get rid of them FAST would be to be posting them on multiple sites so dont just stop at craigslist, post on ebay, post on any other website's you can find where people of your county are more likely to visit. Sometimes its also good to drive one of your bikes around the town with a "FOR SALE" sign on it. will attract more attention.

check if there are any selling events nearby too. sometimes like around fairgrounds where people have vehicles parked with the forsale sign on it
edit on 17-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

got 11 bikes here lol just needing to get rid of 4 but thanks I your post made me smile with the whole nooooooooooooo bit hahaha

I tried craigslist and only get a bunch of dealers calling

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I was thinking about that but the problem is transporting all of them and rallies and whatnot are not as constant as what id like for the amount of money i would have to spend for a maybe if you get what I mean there but I do appreciate the reply

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It sounds more like getting rid of them QUICKLY is the most important point for you.

If you're in the Northern Hemisphere, well, it's summer and it's fierce competition selling a bike during riding season.

If money is not too large a priority, discounting the regular estimated value a great deal can get them gone quickly.

Another option is to just look at motorcycle dealers in your area and see if any will take these bikes to sell on consignment. They may not sell quickly at a motorcycle dealer, but, they'll be AT the motorcycle dealer until they do, and out of your garage.

There's also charities that are always open to donations of cars, boats, motorcycles, planes, etc where they then use proceeds from selling the vehicles for whatever cause they champion.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

lol donation is not an option one of them is a '54 pan with 579mi on the tach but I didnt think about getting them somewhere else to sell and out of the garage thats a brilliant thought

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Most large motorcycle clubs have websites with sections to sell your bikes. They also have very active email lists. Do a google search for motorcycle clubs in your area, then join those sites and email lists to post your lot of bikes. I ride and own several bikes so I know they are good ways to put your bikes out there.

Good Luck...

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The locals are aware they are here but im trying to expand out thats why im looking for other means via the web as well but thank you for your input! I dont really do any buying or selling of anything online so this is all new to me to be honest

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

got 11 bikes here lol just needing to get rid of 4 but thanks I your post made me smile with the whole nooooooooooooo bit hahaha
I tried craigslist and only get a bunch of dealers calling
or scam artists and dreamers
Had 3 motorcycles but now down to the last one which I'm trying to sell in addition to 2 automobiles (pickup truck and a car). I used paid 'autorv' magazine. Lets see if it works.
edit on 17-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

you recommend this then, ill look them up and see what they are about. How long did it take to liquidate what you had using this magazine and what other methods were you trying at the time?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by hp1229

you recommend this then, ill look them up and see what they are about. How long did it take to liquidate what you had using this magazine and what other methods were you trying at the time?
Yes I do recommend since most of the scamsters are on the electronic medium
They dont like printed books (more than likely too lazy to pick one up at the grocery store and read). I have been posting on 'ebay', 'craigslist', 'classifiedride.com', for sale signs on the vehicles parked at friends place etc
Lets see if the 'autorv' paysoff. Not sure which state you reside in but below is the link.

AUTORV
edit on 17-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
My only suggestion is to take cash only, no checks, no (fake) cashier's checks, no Western Union, nothing but cash.

Oh, and no waving at the potential buyer as he rides off on a trial ride "just down the street." --Meaning you don't let them go without you.
Sometimes, they forget to come back. And the guy in the car/bike he came with will insist on going to go look for him without you.

Plus, keep the bikes secure at all times.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Try local community webist. I had managed this before, it is easy and efficient, good luck!

top topics

join