It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have the guts to post an open letter to your Senators and Congressman? Here is mine.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken

I have been monitored by the NSA for years, for what I believe in which is no secret, I am anti tyrannical GOVT and corruption, and have been vocal about it on the internet at least since 2005.

You have nothing to fear but fear itself. . . . .
I implore you to write congress, . . . .
It will end I promise you that and the people are the only responsible ones for what happens to this world.

Whether it takes courage or fortitude to take down the Obama administration, really doesn't matter any more, what matters is if the people truly want to take care of themselves by saving themselves.

You are correct, we can make a difference

ONE person can begin a meme that will change the world

It does take guts and the certainty of your convictions.

If we go totalitarian - like it looks like we are - it is only our own fault

because we refused to speak out and let it happen

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Guts? Because people are worried they will be "listed". Well, you're probably already on a list, at least one anyway with the rest of us. Start from the bottom up, let them know how you feel.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Guts? Because people are worried they will be "listed". Well, you're probably already on a list, at least one anyway with the rest of us. Start from the bottom up, let them know how you feel.

You are so right, people who post on this site are most probably on a list.

I KNOW that websites like these are monitored, you have to know it is, as it is a public forum and anyone, including the NSA has free and open access to what people post.

There is no reason for any poster NOT to write regularly to their congressman/senator and let their opinion be counted, literally.

It is those who are afraid to post or write that are leading our country to the land of the oppressed and home of the wimps.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Dear Senators
att: Congressmen and women

Today we find ourselves at the cross roads of history once again. Set before us is a great challenge, one so notable that many have turned away in the hopes that it should vanish. Yet here we are again not unlike the time of the great civil war, and the time of our pursuit for an independent nation. Then, as even now, freedom is in peril from without and within.

Senators, Congressmen and women, the time has come to put the values so beloved by our forefathers where it rightfully belongs, within the halls of justice and government. Today we are at risk of not only losing what it means to be an American and to be free in our persons and in our possessions, but also at risk is our ability to maintain our distinct and unique culture, one that has defined us as a nation for these many years, and one that has given us both strength and perseverance in even the darkest of times.

Wherefore, be it resolved that seeing that our nation is at risk, I ask you. I implore you, to lay political differences and petty party doctrines aside in order to pick up the mantle of the American heritage. Let us be resolved to make and institute good and just laws for the benefit of the people of whom you serve. Let us uphold once again the documents and institutions of our freedom that has sustained this far.

Wherefore, and to that end, I ask you to consider a strong and sustainable border. I ask for enforcement of immigration laws. I ask for a fair and just taxation system blind to politics and the whim of an individual. I ask for a strong national defense. And I ask for the enforcement of the fourth amendment to the Constitution that safeguards the right to be secure in our persons and our property. And furthermore, I ask for a good and just fiscal policy that will ensure the money of this great land in which we are so blessed to live.

Senators, Congressmen and women, be Americans today. Remember the root of the tree from which you have come. Do the right things, the just things, without favor or bribes. I know that you have it in you. Let today be that day. Let today be that day when you say deep in your heart, I am an American.

Sincerely Yours,
The Citizen

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Wherefore, and to that end, I ask you to consider a strong and sustainable border. I ask for enforcement of immigration laws. I ask for a fair and just taxation system blind to politics and the whim of an individual. I ask for a strong national defense. And I ask for the enforcement of the fourth amendment to the Constitution that safeguards the right to be secure in our persons and our property. And furthermore, I ask for a good and just fiscal policy that will ensure the money of this great land in which we are so blessed to live.

This is the meat of your letter which is very articulate gets your point across in delivering your message however I would suggest rewording it a little. Do not ask, as your representatives in Congress and Senate, work for you, your taxes pay their salaries, so demand action.

Secondly, the whole border issue, is contradictory to "Land of the Free Home of the Brave" you no have become "land of the scared with a well protected border due to outside threats, caused by US"

Which would be remedied if you impeach Obama and his administration, revealing corrupted officials in both the Democratic and Republican parties who have been working together for many administrations.

This is only constructive criticism and a suggestion but demand from YOUR govt, they work, are elected for YOU, by YOU

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I apologise for the double post but my internet is not complying with me recently. Hi NSA. Whens Obama's impeachment party?
edit on 17-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Your letter is wonderful and it is obvious you care about the country. Congratulations to your fortitude and standing up for what you believe in!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Been there, done that got the friggin T-shirt.

Doesn't take "guts" to write a letter, make a phonecall, or to make an appointment and do a face to face meeting or stand up at a "townhall" meeting.

These people work FOR us, not the other way around. I earned the right to speak my mind to these people and their Ewoks via my service in uniform. Any citizen of this nation has that right, having served or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How does it take guts to send this letter? It's a letter full of Fox News talking points.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

It doesn't take any guts because we use avatars and not real names or addresses. As long as you aren't making terrorist threats you should be okay. Unless a congressman uses his power in an evil manner, that would never happen though.

Now I'm waiting to see how many people respond to only the first sentence of this reply. Its called the idiots litmus test. Game on.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I actually have stopped being an "armchair peace fighter" and have started to go actually talk to my elected people in office. While I do write emails, and they do get counted, getting in your car and driving to see your officials has a much greater impact then typing out a letter.

So instead of writing letters, try to leave your compound once and a while

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Unless your letter is set to explode once the envelope is opened, I don't think it will have any impact.

I also get the feeling this is more about you being "brave" than anything else tbh.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx
I actually have stopped being an "armchair peace fighter" and have started to go actually talk to my elected people in office. While I do write emails, and they do get counted, getting in your car and driving to see your officials has a much greater impact then typing out a letter.

So instead of writing letters, try to leave your compound once and a while

We have to work to pay money to these leaches and don't have the time to go make an appointment and sit down with the blood suckers. If you think talk in person without cash backing it is going to get anywhere, I have a bridge to sell you

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
geez...reminds me of chicken little and the "sky is falling" mental picture.....these are not the dark lords of sith....well, maybe "shooter" cheney was.....but it hasn't come to that.....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think people should be doing a lot of things locally and in groups, and contact, but....posting is a good way to get through and its even faster. We're all under their watch, so post to them to make U Turns and change their minds, tell them their mystery school is distortions, they didn't open their third eyes on the right frequency, STO and Goodness, and thus they didn't connect to Infinity and HS, God/SOURCE but instead to a very lower down, bully that was of their ruling, slaving and murderous frequency. They are not WOLVES WORKING FOR A DUALITY GOD.

Love does NOT SWITCH HATS BUT ONLY LOVES AND HELPS.

And also Love doesn't want anyone to whip themselves over and over feeling horrible for what they've done but to trust that they are learning their lessons if they turn their lives around, that they need to come back home and Love is hot on their trail to invite them, that they themselves will become great counselors on the other side, having taken the long horrible way home, that they need to Love and Forgive self and then SERVE HUMANITY WITH LOVE, FREEDOM, EQUALITY, TRUTH, on bended knee.

It gets through.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
geez...reminds me of chicken little and the "sky is falling" mental picture.....these are not the dark lords of sith....well, maybe "shooter" cheney was.....but it hasn't come to that.....

Kissinger could qualify as a Sith no?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
reply to post by watchitburn

This requires guts because of a post I saw the other day. The person said that because of the NSA spying he/she will no longer be posting because he/she was afraid.

The Senators and Congressman have a "rule of thumb" (true or not), it is also one used by major organizations.....
at least 500 other people have the same concern or idea for every person who has the "guts" to contact them. Why, because the majority of people are silent and just "stew".

So it takes guts just to be willing to post on ATS, most people will just read what we write, but not have the courage to say what they think.

Now that the NSA spying is "outed" and the Presidental "kill list" is public, then it really does take guts to declare you will stand up for freedom of speech.

If we were all to let those in powerful positions sway us of our convictions then we have already lost!
This is what TPTB want "For us to fear them" and it's unfortunate but that is how the majority are!
The rest of us will be taken down one way or another!
I will never give in to fear or threats of any kind but I will not bother to waste my time writing to some congressman who will either never read anything I have to say and if he does wont care!
Because of the gutless population of America we will never change anything!
I realize I am being a pessimist but it is how I feel!
Human nature is when the world around us is crumbling and instead of shoring it up most run for cover!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've written to my senator re: Alaghanny Coal plant (the ones that Green Peace climbed the stacks) and ANWAR drilling. Both times I recieved a generic response of "thank you for your concern. As your representative i m committed to.....drivel, .....puke, but with your vote in the next year, I promise to stroke your ego and tell you whatever you want to here....."

Don't waste your time. They don't even make it to the congress critters. At best a secretary or intern.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Having guts has nothing to do with it, I have never feared voicing my opinion, much less to the likes of a politician. I always figured it didn't matter, that they didn't give a crap what I had to say. They don't represent me, they represent their own interests and will only listen to the people if they have no other choice. One opinion.. the voice of one means nothing, does nothing.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatestOfAllTime

Unless your letter is set to explode once the envelope is opened, I don't think it will have any impact.

I also get the feeling this is more about you being "brave" than anything else tbh.

I used to think like that - "what's the point". But that attitude is why people don't do anything so no - no one listens because there are too many people who believe their voice doesn't count. We've been conditioned to believe this. If 20% of the US population wrote even two sentences to voice their concerns it would have a huge impact. It's a team effort. So no - if you alone write a letter it won't matter. But if you contribute to the collective voice it absolutely will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join