It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newark-bound United flight is carrying a passenger who says he 'poisoned everyone on board

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

man you got some golden ones searching those terms...I expect you will receive a 'visit' soon!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What is it with nutjobs on planes recently?

I posted a thread the other day about a flight from Egypt to America where someone had written a note saying they were going to set fire to the plane and left it in the plane bathroom.
plane had to be diverted to Scotland and searched whilst passengers got questioned.

Link

turned out a few egyptians on the plane ended up claiming asylum in the UK when the plane stopped there, so yeah, it was probably one of them that wrote the note (knowing it would ensue panic and they would get to land in the UK )

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Dimethyl mercury, ricin, certain alpha emitters, aerosolized bacterial weapons---these things would be very difficult to detect until people started getting sick hours to days to months down the line.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I use flightradar24, which is an app. It should display the flight numbers of most civil planes and their operator.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
What is it with nutjobs on planes recently?

There have always been nut jobs on planes as long as there has been the existence of commercial flight. Before 9/11 they would have been dealt with pretty easily and it wouldn't even make the news. It also wouldn't have been threats like this back then either. It would be just a person freaking out about flying, or ranting about the voices in their head, or *insert mental disorder here*

The only reason it seems more common is because broadcasters jump on anything relating to flight, salivating at the thought of another 9/11 to boost their ratings and advertising revenue.

These people live for reporting doom and gloom, and now it's easier than ever when people on those flights can just email or text when an incident happens.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Clearance to land so the pilot must be alive.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Flight is on the ground.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
LINK

Looks like is may be just some delusional fellow having a break.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
If say you did breathe in anthrax or ricin how long does it take to show effects?

google search (that probably raised a couple red flags lol) answered my question

ricin several hours and anthrax several days
edit on 17-6-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

And how many days does it take for the NSA to send your searching history to your local FBI office?
Yikes...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

That is probably the Best News all thread.

Let's just hope that is the case.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

"The crew followed procedures and the flight is continuing as scheduled," she said. The plane later landed at Newark, where it was met by authorities. An FBI spokesman said there was no indication that any passengers had actually been poisoned.

Source

It makes me wonder if these people are going to all get blood tests to be safe. I'm sure viruses or other kinds of things are a possibility too?

I sure would shat my pants if there was a major outbreak of something in a few weeks.

edit on 17-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
First thing I thought of when seeing this was the end of 12 Monkeys....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

"The crew followed procedures and the flight is continuing as scheduled," she said. The plane later landed at Newark, where it was met by authorities. A man was led off the plane in handcuffs. An FBI spokesman said there was no indication that any passengers had actually been poisoned.

Source

They changed it a bit.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This already happened and I think you inadvertently stated in was in process. Plane is down, everyone's fine, guy was psycho.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

"The crew followed procedures and the flight is continuing as scheduled," she said. The plane later landed at Newark, where it was met by authorities. The man was led off the plane in handcuffs and taken to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation, according to a law enforcement official. It was not clear whether he would face charges. An FBI spokesman said there was no indication that any passengers had actually been poisoned.

Source

They have edited this piece numerous times and never mentioned having the passengers tested.

If this kind of thing can happen so easily, i can see planes or airports being a target for biological weapons.

Think of how fast something could spread and to thousands of people in a matter of hours, all off to different destination worldwide.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
reply to post by goou111

This already happened and I think you inadvertently stated in was in process. Plane is down, everyone's fine, guy was psycho.

Nope it was happening when I posted it the plane has since landed

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
reply to post by goou111

Nope it was happening when I posted it the plane has since landed

You're right, at the time I clicked your link it had already ended. thanks for correcting me.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

It makes me wonder if these people are going to all get blood tests to be safe. I'm sure viruses or other kinds of things are a possibility too?

It's 100% impossible to test their blood for all possible exposures. Could be mycotoxins, could be virus, could be a very bad chemical compound that'll be bad for their kidneys-livers.....

Ain't no way to test for them all. Passenger X could ingest Component A, which is harmless by itself. Passenger B ingests Component B, which is harmless by itself. They both puke the compounds into a lavatory sink and mix 'er up.....

Whallah....they're all exposed,,,,they wouldn't ever tell the passengers if they were indeed poisoned....Would stop Commerical Air Travel and economies.....so they'll keep it under wraps. Those few hundred people are expendable in the bigger picture.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I heard this on my local ABC7 Chicago News, There are no symptoms, and the suspect seems to be emotionally disturbed.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I understated that you cant test for everything. but the more common things they could test for.
It just seems odd that they wouldn't test in such a high traffic place.

Think about it, if your infected you can spread something to hundreds of people before you might get symptoms.

Thousands of people at an airport, all of which can be a carrier of something long before they know they have anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join