It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-year-old girl takes on Westboro with lemonade stand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
I understand they they have First Amendment rights, but why make almost the entire world so angry that they wish you dead?

I have no idea. But that's freedom for ya. They have the freedom to be hateful bigots. I certainly cannot explain why they do what they do.
--------------------------------
As far as the parents' role in all of this... If there's a set of parents teaching their kids hate, fear and judgment, and a set of parents teaching their kids love, acceptance and peace, I'm going to be on the side of the latter every single time.

I don't see the parents' roles as equal. Parents are supposed to teach their kids to love, accept and understand.

edit on 6/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

If I lived near them they would be on my Sunday morning ride by list. I already have two churches in my area that put stupid crap on their signs every week that I cruise by. By cruise by I mean take a couple laps around the block mid-service. I get one at their 9am service and one at their 11am service. Started that little ritual up after several of the little trailer trash members said my son's wouldn't be disabled if my mom wasn't bisexual. Two low blows in one shot get them on my bad side for good. Every Sunday our little congregation of Harley's gets a little bit bigger and a lot louder.
edit on 6/17/2013 by EViLKoNCEPTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
I understand they they have First Amendment rights, but why make almost the entire world so angry that they wish you dead?

I have no idea. But that's freedom for ya. They have the freedom to be hateful bigots. I certainly cannot explain why they do what they do.
--------------------------------
As far as the parents' role in all of this... If there's a set of parents teaching their kids hate, fear and judgment, and a set of parents teaching their kids love, acceptance and peace, I'm going to be on the side of the latter every single time.

I don't see the parents' roles as equal. Parents are supposed to teach their kids to love, accept and understand.

edit on 6/17/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I agree with them having the freedom to so what they do. OTOH, that does not keep me from hoping that a cement truck has a break failure and plowes into them at one of their "protests."

new topics

<< 1   >>

join