It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey everyone, nice to finely be apart of the ATS community, sorry for this depressing introduction.

I'm a 22 year old male and I come from the United Kingdoms, I would like to make my introduction as well as ask some other members of the community a few questions as I have been searching and searching yet nothing is ever related directly towards my questions.

I'm working Night shift (have been for a year and a half) and it is causing problems with me and my house mates I am never there to go shopping, I barley get a say in the house hold because I am never there, its causing aggression problems as well due to the nature of the other worker I am working with (He will sit around for hours on end and do nothing but when its time for him to work, he will come over and have a go at me for sitting around because he actually has to do some work, the way he speaks to me as well infuriates me to no ends) I am being paid an extra 30 pounds a week (Not a day, a week) to give up my social life and also my family life.

I feel stressed out to the point that I am barley eating correctly I start work at half past 6 and then I end up not eating till 12/1 oclock and sometimes I even have to go to sleep because I try to eat and my stomach doesn't want any of it. I do not eat microwave meals (I don't believe that something that can be popped in the micro for 10 minutes, radiated and then tastes like rubber is healthy) so I am left with a very weak diet and anything I want cooked I have to do the night before or in the morning once I finish. I went from being 11 stone to 9 stone.

I'm tired of doing this fight day in and day out and was wandering if anyone could give me some form of advice, whenever the topic is raised with my boss "I can do it so why can't you?" and the conversation ends with him saying "I'll have a look into this" or "I'll have a look into that" yet he does nothing and I am left to suffer, to the point of emotional wreck as its been going on for quite some time, last year was slightly easier but its got to the point that my emotional and mental stability is worth more than my job but if I leave it then it will be like before, I will be forced down the ladder and to start from scratch (Not a professional ladder) but a life style wise, I would need to give up my dog, my house and then go back to where I started 2 years ago.

If anyone else works night shift and has devolped problems through working the mong shift, then please all the advice would be welcome as I really need to get myself out of this ditch.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Firstly welcome to ATS

When I was a young apprentice as a shopfitter it was work, drink, sleep if you have the time. Wake, work, drink.
It took me until I was 23 (5 years) before I said Ahhhhhhhhhhhh bollocks to this and took off travelling the world.

10 years later, one divorce, two kids, and a whole lot of life experience

Best decision I ever made,

Then I found ATS

Still figuring out that one

Cody

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinchuuriki

I have worked third shift for the last 13.5 years. I love it, but then, I've always been a night person. This shift actually works out the best for my routine at home. My husband sleeps really late (he is self-employed), and my daughter stays up late doing her online classes after I leave for work. So we are all sleeping soundly when I come home, and are on the same schedule for the most part.

I understand your concerns. You sound really unhappy. If this is causing you this much stress, then I would ask myself: Do I want to go through life unhappy, but having the "lifestyle" I want, or do I want to be happy with less?

Stress will kill you! It does all kinds of damage to your health.
You are young enough that giving up two years now of the pay scale you have earned won't really hurt you, but the longer you wait, the harder it will be to let it go.

I would advise you to leave the stressful situation behind, and start over. I think in the long run you will be much happier. Don't allow the evil, almighty dollar to ruin your life.

new topics

join