It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you get your first Grey hair?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I must be right in there. I'm a grey haired balding breardie.

Got my first in my mid-teens and the temples soon followed.

I always thought my hair was playing a kind of cruel joke on me

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I will be 48 this summer and have 0 grey hair on my head. Have some in my gotee on my chin, a lot actually and some chest hairs and some down farther south but not a one on my head. And a full head of hair yay me

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I noticed my first grey after the birth of my first child - which would have been twenty-one years old. Now I've the rogue strips. My temples are grey and a large swatch of my bangs on the right side.

It runs in my family - premature gray. I'm 37 and count myself lucky it's still just in the front bang area of my hair. My mother is only 52 and she is 100% gray already. It's funny too because she has good skin, so it looks odd on her. A youthful face of somebody in their mid thirties to early forties but hair that belongs on and 80 year old!

I still dye my grays away. It takes off fifteen years when I do. Eh, vanity. One of those no-no's I struggle with...

Cirque

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm fifty two and a strawberry blonde, we don't turn gray it just slowly fades to white usually in our 60s or 70s.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have had gray hairs since I was in my early 20s! It is normal in my family lol

I call them my silver highlights!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It depends on the person... Some people get it early in 20s while others dont really get it at all. I myself found the first one in my mid 20s or so, but so far it has not gotten much worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm 42 and just started to notice the grey hairs around the age of 40.
(they are actually ghost white)
I'm hoping to have white and black peppered hair in another 10 years.
Should look cool!

edit on 17-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was 17. By the time I was 21 I had a lillte patch of about 7 in my bangs.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I got my first grey hair a month ago, I'm 22..

It was in a kebab... I won't be eating there again.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm 22 and my temples are bad I expect I'll be salt and pepper fully by 25 probably full on gray by 30 -_- dunno who my father is so not sure if it runs on his side of the family because it doesn't seem to on my mother's.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A couple of years ago when I was 25, I found a long white hair on my head. So weird. Obviously I yanked it out, but every so often I have it again.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Fairly sure I started getting some grays in my beard starting around 21 or so.. I am 30 now.

Grays don't bother me at all. I can dye ^_^ What pisses me off is thin and receding hair line. Once I saw that I decided the military hair cut was my 'do'.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

dont sweat it my g/f pulled a white hair out of my head 13 years ago and i remember thinking o god i am going to be an old man soon .

all these years later still got dark hair and nearly 50

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I noticed my first grey at twenty-five or twenty-six. At thirty-two, I only have a few at the temples, some random strays on my head, and a quarter-sized patch on either side of my chin. I wear a beard, and I'm vain enough to dye my chin, but only until I hit forty (so I say now).

My dad's side didn't go grey until their fifties, but my mom's side went from black to white (not even grey, but white) by the time they were thirty. Damned genetics.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
My first white hairs started popping out when I was 15. I'm now 31 and I'm about 80/20 white/black hair.

Facial hair still black with a few reds and whites. I pull those out. Nose hair is even salt and pepper like my head.

Apparently it's genetic. Mom's family's hair turns white very young.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My first grey hairs started about 24, when I was stressing out about my weight. That's when I noticed it first time. Im 29 now and have noticelably more.

I say grey hairs started with me from stress, and also trying to lose weight. Lack of calories, or nutrients, will grey your hair as your body is losing what it needs to keep the pigment.

But as I understand, you won't get greys hairs at a certain age cause of family or genetics, cause in IMO genetics is hogwash. How you think, and feel will determine most of your body's appearance. If you live with your parents all your life, you will most likely look like them due to food, habitat, speech, and so on. You become like those you are around the most.

If you left your parents at a very young age, you would most likely not look like them later on in life, resemblence will be alot less.

So grey hairs are not hereditary, just symptoms of some stress or poor eating habits. You can recover your hair color and grow it back with herbs, and certain foods that are organic. Check it out online. Chinese herbs for one.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

16. Now I'm about 95% white hared. (50)
edit on 17-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
lets face it boys and girls were all going to die soon so xxxx it enjoy the party ps god invented hair dye to stop you fretting now whos turn is it for the beer

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

For you:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

cheers now all i need is another bottle of 18 year old malt

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join