It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House tweets Pic of Obama playing with toy gun on Father's day. EDIT TO ADD: These pics are f

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I think you've missed the whole point. Children are being punished (expelled, arrested, etc) for chewing Pop Tarts into the SHAPE of a gun, Bringing 3/4" guns from toy soldiers to school, wearing T-Shirts with pictures of guns, Bringing NERF guns to school etc..

Doublethink anyone?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathetic attempt to deface the president. I don't like the guy don't get me wrong, but seriously this is just stupid.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
If it isn't a problem, how about we quit expelling kids from school for eating a PopTart a certain way.

I guess it is a point that is lost on the President's team, seems as though two of them are here.

One such trade-in took place last weekend at Strobridge Elementary in California. Principal Chris Hill, who organized the event, explained that toy guns desensitize kids toward gun violence.

Well, the President wants his kids desensitized to gun violence, apparently.

edit on 17-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

You're seriously trying to stretch reason and logic here.
How on Earth does the President control the actions of every school, every teacher, every local government and their staff, everyone in the country?

On the one hand, most people scream about the power of the federal government, and now the President himself is a hypocrite because he didn't manage to stop a school from punishing a kid for something stupid?

Do American's really think their President is some kind of omnipotent being able to control millions of people with the power of his office?

I don't like the man, and I don't like the US government one little bit. But please people, stop with this nonsense and focus on the REAL problems.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

SnF. OP

Once again, "What's good for thee but not for me", is what this administration is all about.
edit on 17-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidWalker
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathetic attempt to deface the president.

True....... he is doing a better job on his own

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm confused.

The White House DID tweet the pic June 15 2013.

Why would they have to use an old picture in the first place?

Where WAS Obama on Father's Day anyway?

btw, the pic reminds me of a burglar running away

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Just to mess with people like me.

But that's fair, I was messing with him.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The White House DID tweet the pic June 15 2013.

One of the people charged with the upkeep of Obama's twitter account probably thought, "What's a good picture I can post showing Barack playing with his girls, just being a dad..." And this pic came to mind.

Where WAS Obama on Father's Day anyway?

He attended a dance recital for his daughter, for one thing. They also left for Northern Ireland.

btw, the pic reminds me of a burglar running away

Why is that? How can a picture of a man with a squirt gun running around a pool his daughter is playing in look like a burglar?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Do American's really think their President is some kind of omnipotent being able to control millions of people with the power of his office?

Nope...but this President does think he is that type of being...

The OP is correct...the President has no difficulty opening his yap about numerous issues that are, in the scheme of things, inconsequential to the lives of a vast majority of people...yet, when it comes to obvious acts of injustice, such as the kid with a poptart or the kid with the NRA shirt, he remains mute...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Why is that? How can a picture of a man with a squirt gun running around a pool his daughter is playing in look like a burglar?

I'm guessing it is the man, running, gun thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Considering the sheer amount of blood on Obama's hands I say its rather sick.

Be it the 50,000 Mexicans who have died in his gun running to Mexico.
Be it the thousands who died in Libya,.
Be it the 100,000 Syrians who have died (getting to be more than who died in Iraq) alone.

Hey Obama plays with a water gun!!!

As the commander in chief and those troops/ and civilians who are fighting with REAL guns, and dying.

Well don't think too highly of the 'commander in chief'.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What does the President do on Father's Day?

Not only does he play with toy guns, but he lets his kids play with them too!

I thought guns were bad, Mr President. I guess the standards that he wants the 'little people' to live by don't apply to him or his family though.

Squirt guns?

Hey Butch...is this where we have a discussion on the difference in specifications between an AR-15 and a squirt gun?

Not sure where to start with this kind of debate?

edit on 17-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

What does the President do on Father's Day?

Not only does he play with toy guns, but he lets his kids play with them too!

I thought guns were bad, Mr President. I guess the standards that he wants the 'little people' to live by don't apply to him or his family though.

Squirt guns?

Hey Butch...is there where we have a discussion on the difference in specifications between an AR-15 and a squirt gun?

Not sure where to start with this kind of debate?

I've shot both.

I prefer the squirt guns because there isn't an ammo shortage (yet) and it is inexpensive.

Both can be lethal, depending on what you load into the squirt gun.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You're not seriously making that argument... Are you? If that's the case, a water glass can be lethal, if you fill it with sodium azide...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
When kids are getting thown out of school/discplined for finger guns/ and food guns I say those are the people who don't know the difference between real and toys.

Hell back in the day most of us use to play 'cow boys, and indians', and 'cop's and robbers'.
edit on 17-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I think you're missing the point. it's hypocrisy to spearhead a crusade demonizing guns and gun violence, then be seen playing with toy guns around your children.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You're not seriously making that argument... Are you? If that's the case, a water glass can be lethal, if you fill it with sodium azide...

No, I am not making the argument.
It was an added line on a post, a post to let the other member know that I am familiar with both a squirt gun and an AR15.

The liquids I had in mind are more easily obtained (in that you don't have to tear apart an automotive airbag) and less hazardous to the user.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is capital "S" stupid.

There is no correspondence between water guns and guns that shoot bullets, and anyone who imagines there is needs to have their head examined.

Publicly. With several jokes at their expense.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
When kids are getting thown out of school/discplined for finger guns/ and food guns I say those are the people who don't know the difference between real and toys.

And apparently with this OP ...yourself, butch and others agree with those school policies? No difference between a squirt-gun and an AR-15?

Or is it that you are demanding that the Obama administration should begin an initiative to over-ride and dictate to the few outlier local school boards on where they draw the line with thier zero-tolerance-no-gun policies? Perhaps issue an Executive Order permitting squirt-guns in public schools?

Confused...
edit on 17-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by neo96

And apparently with this OP ...yourself, butch and others agree with those school policies? No difference between a squirt-gun and an AR-15?

Or is it that you demanding that the Obama administration should begin an initiative to over-ride and dictate to the few outlier local school boards on where they draw the line with thier zero-tolerance-no-gun policies? Perhaps issue an Executive Order permitting squirt-guns in public schools?

Confused...

This post by destroydestroydestroy covers it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join