It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists and Environmentalists Call for an End to Fluoridation‏

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just looking at the op, pretty much has it all spot on. Fluoride increases bone cancer in young men. Fluoride accumulates in bones contributing to bone fractures particularly in the elderly. Ingesting fluoride has no effect on teeth. Fluoride has been shown to reduce IQ in children. Nobel prize winner in medicine is against it. Seems pretty obvious at this point.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
Just looking at the op, pretty much has it all spot on. Fluoride increases bone cancer in young men. Fluoride accumulates in bones contributing to bone fractures particularly in the elderly. Ingesting fluoride has no effect on teeth. Fluoride has been shown to reduce IQ in children. Nobel prize winner in medicine is against it. Seems pretty obvious at this point.

Spot on if you mean excessive fluoride intake with no published reports behind it, nothing to do with fluoride in water treatment or toothpaste.

Source for your bone cancer in young men claim please.

Ingesting fluoride has no effect on teeth, but, when you put it in water, which will coat the entire mouth (teeth included in case you weren't sure) will have an effect on the teeth.

Source for the IQ reduction in water fluoridation? Or are you referring to what we have talked about ad nauseam on this thread so far, where it was not water fluoridation or toothpaste but naturally occurring fluoride in water that people were drinking. Also, they didn't really make it much of a study did they? Or did you not read it?

Nobel prize winner? They lost all credibility when Obama won a prize. Yes, yes, I know it was for Peace, but what were the professions of the other professionals against fluoridation? I asked this earlier in the thread and no one answered it, nor could they. A lawyer is a professional, but why should we listen to them about water fluoridation?

You are right though. It is quite obvious by reading this thread and others like it, that people just believe whatever they are told if they don't understand it nor research it. Thanks for proving that point.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

Without flouride any calcium you ingested would be passed through waste instead of utilized by your body.

I'm sorry, but this is just incorrect.

Vitamin K2(menaquinone) and Vitamin D(3) are responsible for that physiological function you just mentioned, not fluoride...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Anyone think Obama or anyone in high positions of power are drinking tap water? More like reverse osmosis water imo.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shanegm

Reverse osmosis can be tap water as well. Are you referring to raw well water with no treatment?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Distilled water > Reverse osmosis.

Plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Besides mineral and taste loss, I agree with you. The only difference being, you can't reliably give distilled water to a community with the current infrastructure(water pipes).

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

A statement asking Congress to end water fluoridation in the United States has been released by the Fluoride Action Network (FAN). Over 600 professionals, including a Nobel Prize winner, officers in the Union that represents Environmental Protection Agency professionals, and members of the National Research Council panel on fluoride’s toxicology, have signed the statement.

Much like the handfull of people who signed up to disagree with the 911 conspiracy.

Nobel prise winners mean nothing.
Barack Obama won one but you won't see me taking his advise.

Thes 600 are wasting their time and paint themselves with a target.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 23-8-2013 by superman2012 because: nm

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Besides mineral and taste loss, I agree with you.

You don't need the minerals from your water, they are meant to come from your diet and nutrition. Second, your body can not assimilate the minerals in water, because they do not come from the water itself. They are inorganic minerals produced by runoff from the earth/rocks. You wouldn't eat rocks would you?

There is even a consensus among some that our bodies are made from distilled water, which is pure H2O.

24 Doctors on Distilled Water

*** DOCTOR #1 *** Here is what Dr. Allen Banik says... "Distilled water is the greatest solvent on earth. (It is) the only water that can be taken into the body without damage to the tissues. What we as scientists and the public have never realized is that minerals collected in the body from water are all inorganic minerals, which cannot be assimilated (digested) by the body. The only minerals that the body can utilize are the organic minerals (from fruits and vegetables). All other types of minerals are foreign substances to the body and must be disposed of or eliminated. Today, many progressive doctors prescribe distilled water to their patients. All kidney machines operate on distilled water." - Allen E. Banik, M.D. Author, "The Choice is Clear"

*** DOCTOR #2 *** Here is what Dr. Paul Bragg says... "The greatest damage done by inorganic minerals (hard)---plus waxy cholesterol and salt---is to the small arteries and other blood vessels of the brain (75% water). Hardening of the arteries and calcification of blood vessels starts on the day you start taking inorganic chemicals (and minerals from tap water) into our bodies." "When distilled water enters the body, it leaves no residue of any kind. It is free of salts and sodium. It is the most perfect water for the healthy functioning of the kidneys(83% water). It is the perfect liquid for the blood(83% water), the ideal liquid for the efficient functioning of the lungs(86% water), stomach, liver(85% water) and other vital organs. Why? Because it is free of all inorganic minerals. It is so pure that all liquid drug prescriptions are formulated with distilled water. Dr. Paul Bragg, N.D. Ph.T., from his book: "The Shocking Truth About Water"

*** DOCTOR #3 *** Here is what Dr. James Balch says... "There is only one water, and that is clean, steam distilled water. No other substance on our planet does so much to keep us healthy and get us well as water does." Dietary Wellness; 1993 Dr. James Balch, M.D.

*** DOCTOR #4 *** Here is what Dr. C.W. DeLacy Evans says... "Used as a drink, distilled water is absorbed directly into the blood, the solvent properties of which it increases to such an extent that it will keep in solution salts already existing in the blood, prevent their undue deposit in various organs and structures, favor their elimination by the various excreta, and tend to remove these earthy compounds which have already accumulated in the body . . . There is no doubt as to the high value of distilled water used freely as a retarder of the ossifying conditions which appear to constitute the condition of old age." ---C.W. DeLacy Evans, M.D., in his book, How To Prolong Life

*** DOCTOR #5 *** Here is what Dr. Teofilio de la Torre says... "Instead of drinking the hard water of springs or the chlorinated water of the cities, it will be to our advantage to drink distilled water . . . to prevent calcification of the body."

*** DOCTOR #6 *** Here is what Dr. Charles McFerrin says... "Distilled water is 'empty' water - a hungry water, a water capable of absorbing body poisons. You have had the experience of trying to use an old post office blotter on the desk. Everybody had used it and it is so full of ink that it will not suck up any more. So it is with a 'full' water, a water full of chlorine, aluminum, etc. Such water does not have the capacity of absorbing body impurities." ---Dr. Charles McFerrin, writing in the July 1955 issue of Nature's Path

*** DOCTOR #7 *** Here is what Dr. Alexander Graham Bell says... Dr. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone, recognized the health value of distilled water, and claimed that its daily use prolonged his life. Afflicted and bed-ridden with sciatica, Dr. Bell could find no relief for the pain. The attack came just as he was investigating the deposit of salts in the human system. A well-known scientist had written a book in which he said that old age came from such deposits, and that the ills of advanced years were due to the lack of their elimination. He believed that when such deposits went to the joints, man had rheumatism. When they went to the kidneys, he had kidney trouble and stones in the urinary organs; and when they lodged in the arteries, they produced what is called hardening of the arteries. In the same way when such deposits coated the nerves, they caused sciatica. Dr. Bell wrote: "I knew that distilled water was pure. I thought that if I drank plenty of it, I could get rid of some of the salts that were covering my sciatic nerves. I tried drinking it and it worked like a charm. I have kept up my drinking of distilled water and I attribute my almost perfect health largely to it." ---Dr. Alexander Graham Bell

edit on 23-8-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

While true(about the diet aspect), minerals in water are also there and can be absorbed and in fact, are mostly absorbed in your small intestine. That is why we treat water. To take out the harmful and make it safe to drink. Distillation can be harmful if you aren't careful with your equipment or the source of your water. Most distilled water starts out as tap water.

Do I eat rocks? No. But no minerals are rocks.

Edit: None of them have any studies or papers with hard science behind it, in fact, your first Dr. is a Doctor of Optometry. Why should I listen to an Optometrist about water chemistry?

edit on 23-8-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2013 by superman2012 because: of -> or

Edit #2:
2nd Dr.
Although Bragg claimed advanced scientific degrees in newspaper and magazine interviews, including, but not limited to, his 1975 People Magazine article, it is unknown if these claims are accurate. The just released 1940 Federal Census (accessible on-line), showing him living on National Avenue in Burbank, California, gives his age as "45" and the highest attained academic grade for him as "H1", which would be only one year of high school. None of the known Bragg books refers to any specific educational accomplishments.
3rd Dr.
James F. Balch, Jr., is a urologist who practiced in Indiana but is no longer listed as licensed in the state medical board's directory
4th Dr.
The book that he wrote was written in 1910. Over 100 years ago. Do you believe everything they believed back then?
5th Dr.
There is no documentation on this Dr from Panama, or his credentials that I could find, but, water treatment, at its bare minimums, takes out all forms of calcium....so how could tap water cause calcification?

...I don’t think I need to go on.

I was agreeing with you to a point before you brought up the “quack list”.

edit on 23-8-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join