It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

600 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists and Environmentalists Call for an End to Fluoridation‏

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you got a background / understanding of chemistry, or some time to read this paper, it may shed some light on fluorides molecular effects.

Fluoride

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rychwebo

Or maybe you could bring up some of the key points that the graduate student brings up.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

There absolutely was a study, that's how I found out but I don't want to give it since you'll know where I live (sorry.)

You can trust me though, that the chemicals they put in our water aren't safe. I just don't understand how you can trust them when cigarettes, alcohol and such are already legal (they kill hundreds of thousands A YEAR.) You actually think they want our teeth to be nice and healthy? LMFAO. Buddy, the world is a #ed up place and poisons in our water supply is just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Meaningless because: none

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by hellobruce

Is there any conspiracy at all that you believe in? I see you in every board always downplaying and/or rejecting valid conspiracy theories. Why do you spend so much time on ATS then

Phage you fit this also. Fluoride in drinking water

We have rain water but when we visit others you can smell and taste the rubbish that is in town water.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless

There absolutely was a study, that's how I found out but I don't want to give it since you'll know where I live (sorry.)

You can trust me though, that the chemicals they put in our water aren't safe. I just don't understand how you can trust them when cigarettes, alcohol and such are already legal (they kill hundreds of thousands A YEAR.) You actually think they want our teeth to be nice and healthy? LMFAO. Buddy, the world is a #ed up place and poisons in our water supply is just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Meaningless because: none

You can say there was a study, but until I read it, I don't believe it. You don't want to give away your location, fair enough. Was yours the ONLY study done? I haven't seen any others.

Edit: Yes I believe that they want our teeth to be nice and healthy. How many people can't afford decent dental care? Do you know that bad dental hygiene is linked to heart disease? When these people that can't afford dental care, go to a hospital, do you believe that they magically have the money for that!?

Like I said before, again and again, anything can be hazardous if you eat/drink enough of it. Poison? Sure, if you take more than recommended. I thought the point of these debates was to look at the root of the problem? I, and others have shown that the fluoride fear was based on bad science and dubious claims in the past. I have also shown on this thread, that fluoride is not "an aluminum byproduct" claimed by many.

How many more times are the anti-fluoride group going to move the goalposts?

I am neither for it, nor against it. I believe there need to be more studies done on it before I will make my own decision, you should too.
edit on 20-6-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by hellobruce

Is there any conspiracy at all that you believe in? I see you in every board always downplaying and/or rejecting valid conspiracy theories. Why do you spend so much time on ATS then

Phage you fit this also. Fluoride in drinking water

We have rain water but when we visit others you can smell and taste the rubbish that is in town water.

What exactly is in your town water? Bet you, you don't know, nor do you know the dosages without going to speak with someone about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I expected you to say that. It's ok, I don't care really what you think. I know what I know, you can go ahead and keep using fluoride (but I bet you really don't.)

Lol sorry I can't argue on anymore, you actually believe government cares for us!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Wow!
Thanks for sharing.
This is in need across America...and it is, as well as in other countries, being considered.
LOVE

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless

I expected you to say that. It's ok, I don't care really what you think. I know what I know, you can go ahead and keep using fluoride (but I bet you really don't.)

Lol sorry I can't argue on anymore, you actually believe government cares for us!

Typical response. Thanks for playing the fear game, there are many posters on this thread and others who are just as scared as you are. Your prizes will be coming in the mail.

ps- If you took the time to actually READ through this thread, you would see that I do not drink fluoridated water, unless you count bottled soda, water, etc that don't have to label it. Whoops, bet you didn't know that!
Take care and make sure to come out and breathe every now and then, you can only keep your head in the sand for so long.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Seriously

Does no one else question "why the F would our Government give a damn about our TEETH of all things????"

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Seriously

Does no one else question "why the F would our Government give a damn about our TEETH of all things????"

We have. It is cheaper to fluoridate the water, then it is for a lengthy hospital stay.

Do a bit of research into tooth decay in children, especially from poor families. Families that can't afford to take care of their teeth, do not have the money for hospital visits...so who do you think pays for it?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

What you don't drink any water with fluoride in it??? and you are siding with it??

Then you very good at making personal attacks on others and their replies, crock.

Superman2012

Nope you are a shill.... END of..

EVEN if fluoride was not harmful, to put into the general water supply with asking is against our basic human rights.

To give a medicine against someones express permission is against their human rights.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by panicman66
EVEN if fluoride was not harmful, to put into the general water supply with asking is against our basic human rights.

Which ones? Defined by whom?

To give a medicine against someones express permission is against their human rights.

Proof please.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Seriously

This has already been answered.

The government cares because a healthy population is a productive population, and it costs a lot less to keep people healthy than it does to make them healthy again when they're sick.

So there are many socio-economic benefits to fluoridated water.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by panicman66

What you don't drink any water with fluoride in it??? and you are siding with it??

Then you very good at making personal attacks on others and their replies, crock.

Superman2012

Nope you are a shill.... END of..

I stated that from the beginning.

All I was TRYING to do, was to show that people on here (guess who) have NO idea what water fluoridation is about nor what it is trying to achieve. I have stated that I would like to see many more studies done (which Meaningless alone is privy to but refuse to show) before I will make my decision, explain how that siding with it? I have also said that THIS thread isn't about people choices in having their water fluoridated, that is for a different thread. All I was trying to do was attempt to educate people on the reasoning behind it and why the regularly cited reasons are wrong. We know you don't read whole threads now when trying to participate in them and I haven't heard anything from anyone else that was spouting nonsense now that they have been shown that they believed falsehoods, now I am left with you that will not show any science and just calls people "shills". Oh well, you know what they say about arguing with an idiot don't you? And that is where I stop "debating" this topic with you.

Take care.

edit on 22-6-2013 by superman2012 because: talking about wrong poster

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by panicman66

I noticed you did not reply to anything on this post. Wish I could say I was surprised.

...or does that mean that you don't have any of the answers to any questions that would actually mean anything?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Seriously

This has already been answered.

The government cares because a healthy population is a productive population, and it costs a lot less to keep people healthy than it does to make them healthy again when they're sick.

So there are many socio-economic benefits to fluoridated water.

What? Have you been brain damaged? Sickness is a money making machine.

Oh that's right, I get you now, it's your job Right?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Please please please explain how a government, making people sick, only to pay for their treatment, would make money from this.

Go over to your neighbors house and destroy his fence, then pay to replace it, then repeat. How long would you be able to do this?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by Turq1

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

It's no use, people are afraid of things that they heard about instead of doing the smallest bit of research.

Link

Is Fluoride great to add to water? I believe so in small doses in areas of high dental neglect. Are there long term effects? I don't know, but, neither does anyone. It could be like anything else though, it affects some people more than others.

Fluoride won't do anything in areas of high dental neglect. And yes, you might not know, but then what makes you think you can say no one else does either?
Can't say you'd be an authority in any case for or against when you just don't know to begin with.

As far as heating the water...erm, you know how much that would cost?
edit on 6/17/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

It does help. Don't say it won't do anything when you have zero knowledge on the subject.

Linky poo for someone to lazy to.

Heating the water was for killing any pathogens genius, not to get fluoride out. Yes I realize that would be cost prohibitive, but people are asking for other ways to get the pathogens out of the water...not fluoride. Stick to one argument at a time, seems you can't be productive arguing two things at once.

You don't know anything about other peoples' knowledge, but when you yourself state you don't know....then that's something.

You were talking about pathogens and that is an incredibly dumb idea. It would cost an obscene amount.
edit on 8/3/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Sorry, you lost me. Were you asking me a question?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join