It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Born In 1963 You Should be Concerned.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Mods:Not sure this is the right place this thread should be, move as you see fit...thank you

What is Strontium-90?

It is a radioactive isotope of strontium produced by nuclear fission with a half-life of 28.8 years. It undergoes β− decay into yttrium-90, with a decay energy of 0.546 MeV.[1] Strontium-90 has applications in medicine and industry and is an isotope of concern in fallout from nuclear weapons and nuclear accidents.

Strontium-90 is a "bone seeker" that exhibits biochemical behavior similar to calcium, the next lighter group 2 element. After entering the organism, most often by ingestion with contaminated food or water, about 70–80% of the dose gets excreted. Virtually all remaining strontium-90 is deposited in bones and bone marrow, with the remaining 1% remaining in blood and soft tissues. Its presence in bones can cause bone cancer, cancer of nearby tissues, and leukemia. Exposure to 90Sr can be tested by a bioassay, most commonly by urinalysis. Strontium-90 is probably the most dangerous component of the radioactive fallout from a nuclear weapon.

A study of hundreds of thousands of deciduous teeth, collected by Dr. Louise Reiss and her colleagues as part of the Baby Tooth Survey, found a large increase in 90Sr levels through the 1950s and early 1960s. The study's final results showed that children born in 1963 had levels of 90Sr in their deciduous teeth that was 50 times higher than that found in children born in 1950, before the advent of large-scale atomic testing. Commentators on the study said that the fallout was likely to cause increased cases of diseases in those who absorb strontium-90 into their bones.[12]

Okay...wait a minute...the above paragraph says if you were born in 1963 it is shown that those born in that particular year have 50 times higher levels of Strontium-90. If you are like me and was born in 1963 doesn't this make you wonder what happened that year and what are these higher levels of Strontium-90 doing to us physically??? I would like to explore this matter and would appreciate post participation in finding some answers.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on Wed Jun 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, was and know this. That explains my chronic fatigue, zero thyroid hormone being produced and a host of other problems including arthritis.

But Spirit is far greater than body suits.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ok, I'm in July of '63.

I'm listening but damn I don't want to hear.

I'm off to search a little more.

Does this concern Canadians as well? Or is it like always...The US?

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Not quite '63, but thereabouts.

Over the last seven years, half my teeth have either fallen out or been removed.

Probably a combination of age, neglect, and drug abuse.

But who knows?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Good question about location...I remember reading about this many years ago...before internet...lol..but if memory serves I think its world wide but do not quote me...I am off doing some searches bbl

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, I'm in July of '63.

I'm listening but damn I don't want to hear.

I'm off to search a little more.

Does this concern Canadians as well? Or is it like always...The US?

Peace

Wow July eh, same here. And that was the last year they did atmospheric tests, so apparently they really let loose and used alot of plutonium.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

as far as my health issues go I get skin cancer the non malignant sort, but that,s the sun and I have fair skin, I am pretty healthy except over my weight limit, I blame that on food...lol...and low willpower. I have only broken one bone in my elbow but that was a horse accident...So as of yet I really don't have anything I can blame the strontium-90 for...And yes Spirit is a good thing sorry for your health issues, have you asked a physician about this exposure or did the physician tell you about it? And last question...what region were you born and raised in as a child?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

The Partial Nuclear Test ban treaty mentioned in your text was in 1963.
So the testing, and the consequent "fallout", could have been more intense before it came into effect.
I imagine the real contrast would be with reduced levels in 1964.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This article from Toxicology Data Network says that the high risk groups are 1963-1966.

there were 18 nuclear accidents in 1962

there were 10 nuclear accidents in 1963

there were 06 nuclear accidents in 1964

there were 14 nuclear accidents in 1965

there were 09 nuclear accidents in 1966
www.chris-winter.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by Unity_99

as far as my health issues go I get skin cancer the non malignant sort, but that,s the sun and I have fair skin, I am pretty healthy except over my weight limit, I blame that on food...lol...and low willpower. I have only broken one bone in my elbow but that was a horse accident...So as of yet I really don't have anything I can blame the strontium-90 for...And yes Spirit is a good thing sorry for your health issues, have you asked a physician about this exposure or did the physician tell you about it? And last question...what region were you born and raised in as a child?

No, after Fukushima I listened to the reports on the dates and testing by Lauren Moret. And had noted that others born in my year had thyroid issues, so it all relates.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This makes sense.

There have been thousands(approx. 2053) of nuclear test detonations conducted since the first Trinity device.

(The video starts out slow, but it really gets going at around the 2:30 mark.)
I'm sure we will learn all kinds of things as more studies are conducted.
edit on 17-6-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Oh Geeze...What a perspective...WTF is this world thinking, and man oh man the good ol US of A is really into it like a kid in the chocolate factory...thanks for posting the video...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
July 1963 hete also, and a lot of health problems. Low thyroid being one, spine problems and nerve problems being another, more major problem. Chronic pancreatitis, chronic ulcers, and late onset of allergies to drugs and foods I have never had problems with. Ironically, iodine being one major allergy that has developed over the recent years, so severe, I am now anaphylactic in response to it.

Chronic migraines, two skull based tumors in my midbrain, asthma, and other issues.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to why I have the problems I do. This is rather curious.

Have a class this morning, will be back later.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow. I've never heard this before .
Wouldnt it stand to reason that babies born maybe the previous 1-2 years,and maybe 1- 2 following years, would also be similiarly affected ?
Just from the age range and susceptability ?
Just thinking aloud .

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There has been no no adequately powered human trial to determine whether people born in that year are of increased risk of anything. The technology and time needed to screen the large number of people for strontium exposure at that time was non existent.

If you were born in 1963 don't worry about this.
edit on 18-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Perhaps it has to do with the nuclear testing that was banned in 1963.

On August 5, 1963, after more than eight years of difficult negotiations, the United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union signed the Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

JFK-Nuclear test ban treaty Aug 5th 1963

I would think levels would drop after 1963.

That's just off the top of my head though.

Perhaps they did some major secret testing earlier that year before the treaty went into effect.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

If you watch around 4:35 on that video, 1961-1963,
it looks like a lot of tests done during that period.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If the half life is 28 years and the us Tested a total of over 1054 successful nuclear devices....

I'd be more concerned with the peak of testing(1962) and the 28 year period that follows. The tests say levels were 50% higher in teeth in 1963, the year after the year with the most bombs tested in one year. How ever, testing continued for many years after, if it takes 28.8 years for that material to reduce by half, the worst time to born would be roughly 20-28 years later. With successive tests adding more material, and remnants of previous test material existing.

No wonder the youth of today are so #ed up...

edit on 18-6-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have stopped being concerned in the sense that we need to find safe ways to detox our bodies. Infared sauna's, and p'au darco tea, various things. Good food, sunshine ,and very much feed your spirit happiness and gifts to others, because that is ARK, protection, acts of random kindness. Raise the frequency.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

I'd be more concerned with the peak of testing(1962) and the 28 year period that follows.

Presumably its only a problem when the particles are airborne or in food or drink. So if there was a big increase around 1962, concentrations would decrease quickly over the next few years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join