It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bohemian Rhapsody..remake..pretty good too..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Once again I give you my friend Richie Castellano...

This guy is amazing..he is the guitar player for Blue Oyster Cult..

And I have to say, this is a pretty good job of a remake..

and for his Dad he did this one..

edit on 16-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Nice one...too bad its too late to jam on the tusks

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Wow, it's an excellent remake. It's not fair that all that talent gets concentrated into one guy!

After you posted, a read up a little on Wiki. There is a link in his wiki entry, to a youtube video of him really thinking on his feet.

Here is the wiki snippet

Castellano has blended into the band virtually seamlessly. For example, at the "Hawgs of Texas" Show at Somerville Lake near Brenham, Texas on 28 April 2007, Castellano demonstrated quick thinking when his bandmate Buck Dharma experienced a sudden failure of the battery pack for his Steinberger guitar (the "Cheeseberger"). Without missing a beat, he plugged into Dharma's effects unit and proceeded to play the first part of Dharma's solo, then handed his guitar over to Dharma as lead singer Eric Bloom passed his own guitar over to Castellano.

Richie's wiki

hope you don't mind that I post the video mentioned above.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
And I have to say, this is a pretty good job of a remake..

Yep. Very good remake.
Perhaps the only thing he cant do is the high notes that Roger Taylor was able to do.
eg... the "galileo... galileo..."

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
dude needs to shave off the facial hair.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I was ready to get pissed, but this was actually very impressive. Perhaps title it tribute instead of remake. I was expecting some awful rap lyrics or something thrown in.

Really cool. Any idea how much time was put into this project? My guess is a ton.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Thanks for that. He did a pretty darn good job on that. Love the gong at the end. No one will ever sound like Brian May though, and that's not a bad thing it's just the way it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Excellent vocals and musicianship! I was so impressed, I went right to youtube to leave a comment and thumb it up! Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That was amazing, im not gonna lie i was like this is gonna suck but Mind = BLOWN

He nailed the solo. and the vocals too now thats somthing lol.. the solo gave me chills XD

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the kind posts!

Here is another one of his masterpieces he did also..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I was ready to get pissed, but this was actually very impressive. Perhaps title it tribute instead of remake. I was expecting some awful rap lyrics or something thrown in.

Really cool. Any idea how much time was put into this project? My guess is a ton.

Remake is just as good a description, Queen near burnt out their tapes, (almost opaque) with overlays. This is much better for sound all round.
Here's a link to how he did it, you'll note that because of the number of harmony vocals, he too had to combine some voices into a track. Scroll down to near bottom for BR.

www.richiecastellano.com...
edit on 17-6-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Man, he was 99.99999 percent almost as good as Queen.
But 100% full of talent!

Thanks for posting. I love not being disappointed when I think I will be.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As a long-time Queen fan (fanatic back then actually since late '73) BRAVO! There were some very tiny differences between his version and the original but he does such an excellent job with every instrument, every voice and even the mix is close to the original.
I love that he plays a Brian May guitar and probably used a sixpence for a pick as you can hear the metal - on -metal sound. The solo is a trifle more distorted than the original but played very tastefully with much of the same emotion that May put in to it.
Big props for not resorting to any studio tricks or pitch modulation on the voices.
He got really, really close to getting the Roger Taylor high "for MEEEEEE!" part too.
Dunno why Alpha has to find fault in everything.

One word for it:.
Brilliant!

ETA: I got to hear BOC twice as a young kid. We lived next to a corner tavern in Upstate NY and I would hang out with friends and play with the owner's puppies while listening to the bands play. They were amazing even back in "71. Buck Dharma = guitar god.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
As a long-time Queen fan (fanatic back then actually since late '73) BRAVO! There were some very tiny differences between his version and the original but he does such an excellent job with every instrument, every voice and even the mix is close to the original.
I love that he plays a Brian May guitar and probably used a sixpence for a pick as you can hear the metal - on -metal sound. The solo is a trifle more distorted than the original but played very tastefully with much of the same emotion that May put in to it.
Big props for not resorting to any studio tricks or pitch modulation on the voices.
He got really, really close to getting the Roger Taylor high "for MEEEEEE!" part too.
Dunno why Alpha has to find fault in everything.

One word for it:.
Brilliant!

ETA: I got to hear BOC twice as a young kid. We lived next to a corner tavern in Upstate NY and I would hang out with friends and play with the owner's puppies while listening to the bands play. They were amazing even back in "71. Buck Dharma = guitar god.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

I must admit, I did have a thought on the use of a harmonizer in there somewhere, but he lays out what he did in the link to his site, and he is somewhat modest in saying that he could not reproduce a harmony so close in sync to the lead and all the other harmonies, (as in the songs initial harmonies as per Freddy) it is very impressive. When you do this stuff you shed pounds more than you lose at a live gig, as you need to multi task with the fecking technology that takes no prisoners.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks, did you watch the other video yet?

Richie is a really nice and talented guy..

I'm digging these videos...
edit on 17-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Just watched it. Wow. I'm jealous he can play everything so well and sing. He'd be a fun guy to hang out with for an afternoon in a studio. He genuinely loves music, he's got great enthusiasm for his art.

I wonder if he'd be interested in doing some warped song remakes?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

He's a pretty busy guy..

but if you ask him he just might..he's like that..lol

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
its pretty good, a cover without totally changing the song.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
dude needs to shave off the facial hair.

don't be a hater

maybe you need to grow some!

guy looks damn young for being in the band that brought us 'don't fear the reaper'

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Puscifer's remake was better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join