It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinkin bout ESOTERIC knowledge...playin the GUITAR...Sacred Geometry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I'm a musician and I have no idea what any of this is or even means...

soundcloud.com/bdayton74, if you do know what this is maybe you can tell me if it's in my music?

music is just phrases, one note relative to another, what is sacred about it besides the act of creating it personally?
your interpretation of music is based on what you've heard before and what you know it should sound like relative to other pieces. the mathematics is simply a result, a by-product, right?

Just as a skate border subconsciously balences the most complicated Physics. The same can be said for music. When you are playing the guitar the mathematics are already there your body is tuning into sacred geometry...the by product is the music itself. The math is already there. By your understanding the skateboarder...is creating the physics. No the skateboarder is tuning into the physics. Just as a musician is tuning into to the sacred geometrics.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If your interested in making music this way, i highly recommend listening to Tool's "lateralus" album, especially the song "lateralus". The reason being that the rhythm of the song (especially within the lyrics) follow the Fibonacci seqence. there are many videos on youtube where they rearrange the order of the songs and offer an explination to what is happening with the rhythms, and how they relate to the sequence. hope you write a belter! Let us know when its recorded

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by catharsis23

Yeah, that song is cool!!!! I still can't believe there is no official video to that song. It's one of my favorite too!

I would think notes such as those in Lateralus would be what the OP is feeling and wanting to do. ?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It's not so much the notes that are used in that song that are the truly interesting part, but it is rather the progression of the rhythm within the lyrics. You can count the syllables in each line and see how they follow the Fibonacci sequence. but yea the song does kind of rule lol

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What I want to do is SEE the music in PHYSICAL form as well as hear it AND REALLY FEEL IT. That is the goal... However I get their does not matter. I have already felt so much in my esoteric journey. The only thing I want is what is out there. I WILL be composing a song but this stuff is hard. I have already broke three strings tuning them into solfeggios frequency.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

have you tried facing you speaker one upwards, and placing a tight membrane across it; you then put some light material like polystyrene balls on top and watching what happens?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
*cone

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifer6

already thought of Be Dangerous Rock Guitar www.amazon.com... it will teach you the 1st 3 rd and the 5th the triad, among others, most rock are based on them 3 cord shuffle /slide will be found in all rock and roll hot licks and rifts from AC/DC to Jim H Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, the Doors, in other words it has been thought of and done think of a 4 finger rift and slide you got something new.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I, V, VI, IV. lather rinse and repeat

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catharsis23
If your interested in making music this way, i highly recommend listening to Tool's "lateralus" album, especially the song "lateralus". The reason being that the rhythm of the song (especially within the lyrics) follow the Fibonacci seqence. there are many videos on youtube where they rearrange the order of the songs and offer an explination to what is happening with the rhythms, and how they relate to the sequence. hope you write a belter! Let us know when its recorded

might want to check out some king crimson as well..so many of the interesting/good bands like tool definatly have been influenced or inspired by king crimson

top topics

<< 1   >>

join