It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a river and water on mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Theres a few dozen marsjuana plants down by the river bank!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I see what you see....but they do mention.

The image has been white-balanced to show what the rocks and soils in it would look like if they were on Earth

Now if this makes a difference I don't know.

edit on 16-6-2013 by keenasbro because: edit to add

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm more curious about what the little black thing in the center is. There's a bunch of them spaced throughout the length of the picture.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by samuel1990
reply to post by Im2keul

Of course- there are plenty of clouds on mars. Although- does that mean there is water in the air? Interesting that the clouds are in the same picture as the 'water'.
Hmm. I think you might be onto something!

Sure there are.. We have known for some time that there are even water clouds on Mars that can even come back down as snow.
But I dont think there are any clouds or water shown in this picture though.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Prisoner60863

Not sure but love the picture...really enjoy seeing how the other side is living

Pretty nice detail and much like a cloud people will see things that others may not....thanks for the info

I claim "cow head rock"....

edit on 17-6-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca
reply to post by Im2keul

i see that too, and under the clouds when you zoom in you can see these blackspots forming a straightline through the entire pic

I counted 13 of those black spots, and it seams as if they are equal distance apart from each other.

Pladuim

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The photo is absolutely shopped, check out the markers on the photo, where two black dots appear on opposite sides of the page. Underneath each odd looking black dot, down and to the left is another dot. Duplicity like that means doctoring, and bad at that as well. This whole photo is bunk.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
i think its ether a artifact form the camera ie. dust blowing in the wind and the light hitting the dust confusing the poor little rover or some gas being released form the ground

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca
reply to post by Im2keul

i see that too, and under the clouds when you zoom in you can see these blackspots forming a straightline through the entire pic

I counted 13 of those black spots, and it seams as if they are equal distance apart from each other.

Pladuim

I'm thinking those black dots are where they stitched the pic together from a series of photos to make the panorama

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I don't see any rivers but I see a flying object in the distance. I believe its martians throwing each other with rocks

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It's blue and looks like water
I guess they better get better at trying to deceive people with their earthed based rover pictures. I suppose the guys are laughing at us for believing this is a mars picture.
edit on 17-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm thinking those black dots are where they stitched the pic together from a series of photos to make the panorama

Silly you, trying to inject facts into a "water and trucks and clouds on mars" thread.

I noticed the dots pretty fast, some type of artifact in the image, repeating as such as they stitch them together to create the panorama. I don't see water, actually, i don't even see the clouds people are talking about.

Looks like sand, like all the other pictures of Mars.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's blue and looks like water I guess they better get better at trying to deceive people with their earthed based rover pictures I suppose the guys are laughing at the public.

shouldn't be too hard to check the background mountain ranges against known deserts that NASA would have access to. Maybe those are photoshopped too?

Maybe the whole reason for the wars in the middle east is to give NASA better desert ranges to fake Mars photos with, cause faking a mars rover totally makes sense. Complete sense.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I'm more curious about what the little black thing in the center is.

It's a Dodo. They're not extinct after all.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Water on Mars wouldn't be blue. Water on Earth isn't even blue, the blue color is caused by the refraction of light in the atmosphere reflecting off the surface, the same thing that makes the sky blue. Since Mars doesn't have the same kind of atmosphere colors won't look anything the same, no blue sky and no blue water.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boscov
The photo is absolutely shopped...
Duplicity like that means doctoring...

Hey dude, NASA quite clearly state on the photo caption that it is a collection, a "mosaic", of photos from the Mast Camera (Mastcam) .
Nobody is trying to fool anyone here except people who dont take the time to read photo captions.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

the blue color is caused by the refraction of light in the atmosphere reflecting off the surface,

No. The blue color of water is intrinsic to the water itself. It has nothing to do with the color of the sky.

Because the absorption which gives water its color is in the red end of the visible spectrum, one sees blue, the complementary color of red, when observing light that has passed through several meters of water

www.dartmouth.edu...
Water on Mars would be blue on Mars (if it were deep enough). However, with the low atmospheric pressure, liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars for long.

The sky is blue due to a different reason, Rayleigh scattering. The sky on Mars would be a deep, deep blue (verging on black) if it weren't for the large amount of dust which is suspended in its atmosphere.

edit on 6/17/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

what are those black dots that are evenly spaced across the pic from right to left starting about where your river is????

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

It is a speck on the lens of the camera. It appears in the same spot on all the right mastcam images.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

I have no idea. I look at these pics and see if I can find even just a shred of evidence of life. Its just amazing that we even have the opportunity just to look at pics like this. I'm sure there might be rivers or something on mars, maybe the moon or something. Maybe .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join