It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I know I can't be the only one who noticed a short spurt of really encouraging and positive threads a few days ago (Never Judge By Appearances, Singing, for example) and I’m sure if I had a bit more time I could round up more. I understand ATS to be a "conspiracy" site, but this is often the only place I can personally find time to visit on any given day. Everywhere we look, including ATS, we are constantly confronted with negativity: our fears, day to day worries, paranoia, and absolutes which are rarely encouraging.

This made me think (hope): would other ATS members appreciate a forum dedicated to only the extraordinary good found in the day's news, events, or history? Therefore, as ATS is my first and favorite web destination, I would respectfully like to propose establishing a singular forum on site for members to place extraordinarily positive items of interest instead of or even in addition to spreading them through multiple threads. I know there are some web sites generally devoted to good news, but I have no doubt ATS could do even better. I have said many times how much I enjoy and deeply respect the unmatched brilliant thinkers and camaraderie of like-minded individuals on ATS so I would definitely look forward to spending part of my day seeing what positives our membership can uncover and share. In fact, this would likely become a highlight on tough days allowing me to close an otherwise difficult evening on a good note and perhaps such a forum may be welcomed by other members.

It's OK if I’m wrong, but I very much would like to request more opinions. I looked and didn't see anything in the forums anywhere on ATS quite like it, so would anyone else support the idea?

I posted this under Chit Chat and was encouraged to resubmit here. Hope this is OK with all.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I would like that, I think.

Ideally we need that on this site, everything is such doom and gloom here. The real world isn't always as awful as portrayed. It would be nice to have a specific part of this site to go to and see only good and happy threads.

But honestly I could see that it could prove to cause problems if people post political threads on it, just cause they might be happy someone else wouldn't be etc... No religion, no gay/straight/lesbian talk. It would be ideal if we all shared the same thoughts on what constitutes good news, I don't think we do though.

I say the administrators should give it a whirl and wait and see, could go either way.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's been my experience that "good news" is usually ignored.
I would like to see a forum dedicated to positive energy and experiences however.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yes I think its good idea.
I saw a lovely story about two kids getting together and sending supplies for Samoan kids very heartwarming(they managed to get the NZ army to fly it over) .
We need reminders of who we are.

You are alive and that is the best news!

new topics

top topics

join