It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirror Gazing for Stimulating Visions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Now, I'm not one to believe in spirits or otherworldly portals, but I will say that scrying is a form of sensory deprivation. Your subconscious will try to fill in information, and what you see is interesting, to say the least. Mystical? Not so much.

This guy has it right. Theres another form, called ganzfeld effect as well. Same approach.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Why do you think a mirror is creepy?

Because things are backwards in them and it's like the backwards things are in their own world.
(I have a bit of an imagination I guess.
)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You should investigate the whole "backwards" aspect to strange happenings. Backwards/forwards is in many cases the same philosophical exercise as bad/good or even dead/alive. There are many cases of backwards things associated with the paranormal.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I have never tried this myself. I never would, quite frankly, because even the thought of it freaks me out. However, a friend of mine who considers himself to be sensitive - mainly due to electronics constantly turning on and off in his presence and the fact that he meditates often - told me about his experience scrying in the mirror. After a while, he said his mouth started moving really quickly in his reflection, as if he was speaking a language that he could not hear. He said he was no longer in control of his mouth and after watching it move before him for a short time, he broke his focus because he was scared. I got the feeling he would not be doing any mirror gazing any time soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Honestly, Scrying is nothing inherently bad. It's the influence you deem appropriate, and your frame of mind you are in.

Scrying is best done when your mind is cleared, and meditating for 10 minutes beforehand could help. If you look into a Scrying mirror when you are upset, unsettled, or otherwise distraught, you'll expect the same anticipation you would from renting a scary movie DVD from the video store, say Paranormal Activity 4. You anticipate something bad happening, and you lean towards that result.

Fear is a negative emotion, and if you are approaching Scrying from a reprehensible view, it's best you stay away.

Properly done, Scrying is nothing more than watching a movie on the TV screen, fantastic cinematics only your subconscious can understand, and beautiful images produced by a completely natural transcendental state.

A Scrying episode IS NOT a plop down a mirror and light a candle and see what we can see thing AT ALL. It's ideologies like that that bug me. You must prepare, and be in the mindset. If you try to Scry while stressed or in a negative mindset, the mirror only reflects and amplifies your thoughts. When you are at peace with yourself, The Scry is a relaxing and refreshing, and insightful way to get back in touch with yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I'm surprised as a catholic - or catholic enabler - that you would even try this. What do you want? Jesus? He doesn't come from occult experiences - the only thing you will get is demons.

And you can call up demons just by asking yourself - they're all around - especially now-a-days.

Don't do it. There is no easy way out. Things are bad, and they're going to get a lot worse. Just have faith in the holy trinity.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I tried this several years ago. I had cut out a section of this black semi-transparent plexiglass (you could see through it if you put it right over your eyes, but otherwise it was pretty much always reflective) and was trying to use that. I remember lighting two candles and staring into it for quite some time. I thought I saw a couple quick flashes of something, but I had the same problem with that as I do with trying to induce dreams -- when I start to see something I tend focus on it instead of just going with the flow and that seems to absolutely ruin it.

I kind of just gave up after a while, but reading this made me think about trying again and I've spent some time since then trying to work on that little focus problem... I liked the idea someone threw out earlier about using CRTs. Can't believe I never thought of that before.
edit on 21-6-2013 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Some folks were going to give this a try ....
It's been a few weeks ... how'd it go?
Anyone??

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
When we're gazing in the mirror, are we not gazing into shadow? Or if we're already on the other side of the mirror, in shadow, maybe its the opposite? I was even more reluctant to try this than the ghost box.

edit on 17-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The Psychomanteum .... a special mirror gazing room ...

Psychomanteum

A psychomanteum (sometimes spelled as psychomantium, and often called "mirror gazing") is a mirrored room, specially set up to communicate with the spiritual realm.[1] Reflective objects or surfaces, such as blood or water, were considered a conduit to the spiritual world in ancient times.

Psychomanteum.com

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A ghost show on TV talked about a mirror box. It's a box that has the mirrors all facing each other toward the inside. The spook enters the box and then can't get out. The mirrors hold it in. Supposedly. So I'm wondering if mirrors can hold the spooks or if they can't reenter a mirror once out of it .... it's kind of convoluted to me ...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm necrobumping an old thread of mine.
Anyone ... old or new ... wanna' chime in on this.
I'm thinking of giving it another go ...

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have been furloughed from work a lot in 2020, and once my garden freezes in the Fall, I am going to need a new hobby. I am strongly considering trying this.

Do you think it would help or hinder me to use frankincense burning in the room lightly as I try?

I will tag this thread so that I can come back to report any happenings

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'm necrobumping an old thread of mine.
Anyone ... old or new ... wanna' chime in on this.
I'm thinking of giving it another go ...

Hell yeah, girlfriend!

Let us know how it goes, ok?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Really not sure if theimage will be visible here, I tried to follow some instructuons on here (but using my phone).

If the image does work, great!
Not exactly mirrors but this is one of a few images from when I used a black bowl half full of water a few years ago. The water was agitated with a feeling of wanting to see something, I then took a number of photos.

a reply to: StuKE

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Phone battery ran out as I was typing. I am not saying the images are anything but meaningless shapes that may look like faces to some people, but still quite interesting.

a reply to: StuKE

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-8-2020 by StuKE because: Attempting to attach image

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I don't see how anyone who's seen "The Exorcist" can even think of
doing something this ballsy. Hell I'm afraid of electricity for the
simple reason that it's invisible. You weirdos are playing on streets
that have ho regulatory signage or even a name. They could lead
anywhere in your subconscious mind. And in case any of you aren't
aware of this. That's where all the real power of the mind that
is always being spoke of is. That is the unseen world and it is veiled
for a damn good reason. Two worlds divided by the veil in your mind.
Imagination/ Reality. Reality is conscious, it is tame and logical or sane.
Imagination is subconscious where the mind runs wild. People can get lost
in the subconscious world. And that's why people who've gone insane seem
to have their minds running wild. Because they some how became
locked in their sub conscious mind. That's the power of it. It has the
power to destroy you. I have a name for this most of you won't like.

Spiritual masturbation

edit on 9-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join