It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK spied on G20 officials in London.[2009]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

LONDON: Britain intercepted phone calls and monitored computers used by officials taking part in two high-level international finance meetings in London in 2009, a British newspaper said on Sunday.
The Guardian said some delegates from countries in the Group of 20 – which comprises top economies around the world – used Internet cafes that had been set up by British intelligence agencies to read their emails.
The report was published hours before leaders of the Group of Eight countries – all of which are in the G20 – start a two-day summit in Northern Ireland.

This is from The Guardian, the link here is to The Tribune, so now we have 'London-gate' The timing of the publication is impeccable, since the G8 is about to start here in NI.

tribune.com.pk...
edit on 16-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

edit on Mon Jun 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

This has been posted?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by smurfy

This has been posted?

That's fine by me, it didn't show up on the search, have you a link, thanks.
edit on 16-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

So, to continue it looks like even at the 'lowest level' GCHQ and wet nurse NSA and the rest, were getting real-time information via servers and mobiles. Okay, not much of a surprise to many of us, but this is of course insider information, of the kind that the dishonest plebs get put away for, and no one is going to tell me that these GCHQ + Geeks are not going to make a monkey or two out of it themselves.
Time for big changes I think. BTW here is a link to a current thread already ongoing at ATS if you haven't found it already,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-6-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
reply to post by smurfy

This has been posted?

Yes I found the thread via yourself, thanks. Still unsure why that thread was not visible, at least at my end.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Not going to lie, but I often wonder what goes on behind those closed doors with some of the richest and influential people in the world. But to condone that and try to uphold our right to privacy is being a hypocrite, then again it IS in another country....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Not going to lie, but I often wonder what goes on behind those closed doors with some of the richest and influential people in the world. But to condone that and try to uphold our right to privacy is being a hypocrite, then again it IS in another country....

Lets just reflect on that. Why should we assume that those countries, or rather their representatives that were being spied on should have been ignorant of what is now a fact to us plebs? This is the G20 we are talking about. Makes no sense does it?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Lets just reflect on that. Why should we assume that those countries, or rather their representatives that were being spied on should have been ignorant of what is now a fact to us plebs? This is the G20 we are talking about. Makes no sense does it?

Well...since you put that way, course not. In other words, why should THEY be surprised for something they do...."Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!!"

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Really?
Do you think other countries do not spy on diplomats while they visit their country?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Really?
Do you think other countries do not spy on diplomats while they visit their country?

That's what this is all about.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by hp1229
Really?

That's what this is all about.
So is it something new or a big deal?

new topics

top topics

join