It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Websites Are Under NSA surveillance – This May Shock You!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This story was posted by a 'contributor' at BeforeItsNews.

The claim is that a Firefox plug-in is capable of ID'ing government snoops !!

Maybe so.

Has anyone tried this?

Some interesting results are in the article !

Many websites are very familiar !

One of BIN contributor, Ye Olde False Flag, recently posted an excellent article about a Firefox plug-in that warns computer users about potential government surveillance. Ye Old False Flag explains that a 28-year-old artist and developer from Brooklyn, NY has found a fun way to alert users of potential NSA snooping by creating the “The Dark Side of The Prism’ browser extention, which plays songs from Pink Floyd’s 1973 classic “The Dark Side of The Moon” each time a questionable website is crossed. .........................

Which Websites Are Under NSA surveillance – This May Shock You!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
No ATS? phew lol.
Nice find OP.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
No ATS? phew lol.
Nice find OP.

Heck they probably just read ats.

Old comment removed- dont mean to be a d***
edit on 16-6-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So, beforeitsnews is under watch but not ATS?

Strange...very strange.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The claim is that a Firefox plug-in is capable of ID'ing government snoops !!

There's always the possibility that Ye Olde False Plug-In might actually be doing the spying.

Probably not, but it's something to think about. In any type of situation, the best way to trick people into believing lies, is by providing them with mostly true details, along with strategically placed lies scattered about.

If you think about it, a very effective way to spy on people who don't wanna be spied on, would be by spying on them while you're helping them to block most of the other spies.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Not shocked. Just sad. All this to root out terrorists?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I sort of feel sorry for 'Prism'. If they think terrorist are bad. Just wait till whats coming it will be much worse and way more devastating on any sort of level or threat con level.

There's a storm out there and brewing, they are almost here. Are you ready for the fight of your life?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well. As it says,

which plays songs from Pink Floyd’s 1973 classic “The Dark Side of The Moon” each time a questionable website is crossed.

ATS isn't a questionable website. And its owners and staff work very hard to keep it that way.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well given that the news source is before its news I really shouldn't have bothered to read on let alone try to find the add on...suprise surprise, I couldn't find the add on.

I think before its news yet again are yanking our chains!

Let me know, if you guys manage to find it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Here's the link for the add-on.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
So, beforeitsnews is under watch but not ATS?

Strange...very strange.

Peace

It just shows you how naughty all those other sites are....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thank you

I take it all back...apart from the bit about before its news being an unreliable source, they have had some epic fails before now.

O.P You're golden, apologies

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by solargeddon

Here's the link for the add-on.

Good find !

At least we now know the plug-in is for real.

from the link:
notice it says: "any URLs that have been (publicly) targeted"
What about 'privately targeted'?

About this Add-on
A Firefox Add-on that provides a soundtrack for our surveilled internet meanderings.

"Dark Side of the Prism" uses Pink Floyd's aural prism (Dark Side of the Moon) as a playlist to the NSA's tracking efforts, serving as an auditory reminder of how our online activities are surveilled.

When visiting any URLs that have been (publicly) targeted by Prism, a small notification will appear alerting that this site is being surveilled. You will then be presented with an ethereal Pink Floyd track from the "Dark Side of the Moon" album.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon

Well given that the news source is before its news I really shouldn't have bothered to read on let alone try to find the add on...suprise surprise, I couldn't find the add on.

I think before its news yet again are yanking our chains!

Let me know, if you guys manage to find it.

I found it here: addons.mozilla.org...

Added it and went to BIN...lo and behold...it worked.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartaocean
I sort of feel sorry for 'Prism'. If they think terrorist are bad. Just wait till whats coming it will be much worse and way more devastating on any sort of level or threat con level.

There's a storm out there and brewing, they are almost here. Are you ready for the fight of your life?

Who the hell is they? Is there a buttload of mutant sealife that has evolved into some sort of warlike civilization? Hmm? Run from the mermaids? Is that it? Invasion of the octo marines? Is plankton actually the new world order?
Niburu'ans maybe?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim

Originally posted by spartaocean

Who the hell is they? Is there a buttload of mutant sealife that has evolved into some sort of warlike civilization? Hmm? Run from the mermaids? Is that it? Invasion of the octo marines? Is plankton actually the new world order?
Niburu'ans maybe?

No, the Mermaids/Mermen are okay, it's more likely they would worry about us harming them. but you do have a point, watch out for the NSA jellyfish!

they are robots, and probably a sting in the tail whatever.

edit on 16-6-2013 by smurfy because: Image.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And the ATS. Agents frequently surf this site.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So the plugin has a list of questionable sites according to someone. Doesn't sound very reliable.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm a little insulted that we aren't on there...

Even if you don't want to go to the party, it's still nice to be invited, you know?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I didn't even click the link to the article, so I may not know what I'm talking about, but I think you(and a couple others) may be looking at it backwards.

Of the websites that you visit, it's not telling you which of those are being spied on. It is telling you which of those websites are spying back on you.

Just a guess, but it may have something to do with specific types of 'cookies', that are automatically installed onto your computer when you visit the site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join