It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Kerrys Votes Key to Bush Win, Rove Says and Jacket Bulge Was Bad Tailoring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Referring to the John Kerry votes for, then against Iraq, the �gift that kept on giving� Karl Rove, revealed some insight into the Presidents successful campaign for the White House. This enabled the campaign to stick the charge of flip flopping to Kerry and despite a strong effort he was unable to shake it. Rove further downplayed the importance of �moral values�. He indicated that he felt that the war in Iraq and security issues were the deciding factor for people.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Reflecting on how he delivered President Bush his second term, White House political adviser Karl Rove admitted Sunday that John Kerry's vote for, then against, funding in Iraq and Afghanistan (news - web sites) was the "gift that kept on giving."

The deft strategy of Rove, whom Bush calls the architect of his re-election campaign, is credited with helping move the nation from the 49 percent to 49 percent stalemate of the 2000 election to a 51 percent to 48 percent split in the Republicans' favor.

"The country is still close, but it has moved in a Republican direction, and this election confirmed that," Rove said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Tactically, Kerry's decision to vote for the $87 billion in funding for troops and reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan, and then deciding in October 2003 to vote against it, was a bonanza for the president's campaign, "the gift that kept on giving," Rove said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Rove addressed one other controversy. Referring to the much speculated bulge that appeared in the presidents back during the debates, he said it was the result of tailoring and not a communication device. "The poor tailor ... he's an awfully nice fellow, he's a rather flamboyant dude," Rove said. "I'm not going to use his name, but he's just � he's horrified. And, you know, it's � there was nothing there."

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
karl with a 'k'.
that's all i need to say.
for those who follow paperclips.
and know the nazi way.

wow, that little poem wrote itself.
the man is brilliant, no doubt. way beyond propaganda 101.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

WASHINGTON - Reflecting on how he delivered President Bush his second term, White House political adviser Karl Rove admitted Sunday that John Kerry's vote for, then against, funding in Iraq and Afghanistan (news - web sites) was the "gift that kept on giving."

So he capitalized on the fact that Americans were too dumb to understand the lie he created? I mean, the reason anyone, including Kerry, voted on it twice was that the first version was unacceptable.

Wow. Talk about a total disregard for the American people.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I mean, the reason anyone, including Kerry, voted on it twice was that the first version was unacceptable.

according to this logic, kerry voted for the 'unacceptable' version.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
karl with a 'k'.
that's all i need to say.
for those who follow paperclips.
and know the nazi way.

Yet another proud Godwin Award winner. Special honors for making it the very first reply post in the thread.

Well done!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Yet another proud Godwin Award winner. Special honors for making it the very first reply post in the thread.

Well done!

it's just that totalitarian fascist propoganda ministry doesn't really roll off the toungue well. HAHA!
bush's grandaddy prescott was tried and convicted for supplying the, uh, noble german forces during world war two.
google 'operation paperclip'. attaching a paperclip to the immigration application of NAZIS, following world war two, was a code for immigration officers to allow NAZI german scientists into the country, and give them new identities.
nazi, nazi, nazi. HAHA!

of course, i'll also (bodly, oooo, taboooo) say anything to do with mentioning jewish people's atrocities on the borders of israel, will invoke the, 'oh, the NAZIS were bad to us.' if i was palestinian, i'm not sure i'd be thinking, 'oh, the poor jews were persecuted fifty years ago by bad men'. boy, those JEWS sure can act like NAZIS. it's true, people of jewish faith WERE subjected to some of the worst inhumanity since the inquisition. and, now, fifty years later, it is a trump card that allows anyone with NAZI goals to put on a yamaka and start spreading hate propoganda against anyone who points out their bad behaviour. everything is so monolithically black or white these days. (oops, i said 'black' and 'white', how politically incorrect
)

and, by the same mechanism, as godwin has shown us, any talk of pointing out nazi behaviour in anything, starts a program running which causes people to bury there heads in the sand. like when the gay son of religious zealots comes out of the closet at the big family thanksgiving dinner.
it just makes everybody uncomfortable. just like it was designed.
it's a fabulous feature of newspeak. there are some things, you just can't even think about anymore. the words have been 'loaded'.
'who are the brain police' was an important question to frank zappa. gotta love frank.

'i admire dictators like hitler, because they started with nothing and rose to the top', -arnie 'the terminator' shwarzenegger, future president of the USA.

nazis. they sure know how to yank a chain. me, too.

if any moderators feel i've spoken too strongly, i will not protest the removal of this post. just disappear it.
kudos if you don't.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by billybob]

top topics

join