It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another WitchHunt ~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oooh dear another WitchHunt... What on Earth is going on here ? In today's day and age
are you telling me we still have parts of the world dealing with this stuff ?

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — On a tropical island in Papua New Guinea where most people live in huts, a mob armed with guns, machetes and axes stormed a wooden house by night. They seized Helen Rumbali and three female relatives, set the building on fire and took the women away to be tortured. Their alleged crime: Witchcraft.

[snip]

news.yahoo.com...

www.usatoday.com...

The article points toward the main underlying reason is due to the increasing inequality of
economic standing of the people (in this town) which is causing jealousy. The wealthy vs the poor. It is stated that it isn't fueled by their actual belief in the occult.

So if jealousy is the root cause prompting these horrendus acts onto another person... why are these people hiding behind the WITCHRAFT excuse. Don't they realize how their actions make them look like "WITCHES". What is making them so afraid that they choose to gang up on their fellow brothers and sisters...pointing fingers in accusations that cause such horrific actions upon another.

the act of assigning blame as for a harmful policy or unwise decision to another or others often in an effort to deflect blame from oneself

[snip]

We have all been guilty of pointing our finger at some point in time or another... at another.
However never would I dare promote a group into a finger pointing frenzy which would cause
such nasty brutality to occur.

So what do you think is going on here ?

OMG round and round we go...

edit on 16-6-2013 by leolady because: fix pics

edit on 16-6-2013 by leolady because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2013 by leolady because: fixes

edit on 16-6-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2013 by elevatedone because: PIcs removed by staff.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

The world has a long ways to go.
It would be nice if everyone was as free as a lot of us are.

I'd be burned or put to death in a lot of the world if I was open about myself.
I am glad and grateful to be where I am.

Jealousy hiding behind witch hunts
*shakes head*

Is sad, but also a part of the world that is still very much behind modern times,
as the ignorance shows.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Looks like its time to pack up some bibles and bug spray to thwart the evil doers...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

yes yes... was having troubles posting my pics... sigh

this mind isn't working to well today...lol

help !
edit on 16-6-2013 by leolady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In South Africa this type of thing has always been happening,and still does.Usually it is elderly men+women,especially women that are executed by a mob formed by individuals in their community.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

These people are kidding themselves when they say that this has nothing to do with Black Magic. They just want the rest of the world to believe that. They all know better.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
well i guess they're in the right place for 'kangaroo courts'

but isn't witchcraft a satanic deal anyway?

maybe there is real and genuine witchcraft at work?

maybe someone was a victim .......

it must be the bread.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You're right.

Black Magic conjures up demons who will turn people against each other for whatever reason they want.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People torture and murder others because they enjoy it or because they want something that doesn't belong to them. Then they blame their victims with a plethora of reasons. If you ask me its because somebody wanted their land or pigs or something. Then they cry witchcraft (whatever that means) and they know we'll dismiss it and say they're all crazy.

Next...
edit on 16-6-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
As a Wiccan, stories like this just makes me shudder. I shudder because deep inside, I know that the US is and always has been, only a mere heartbeat away from repeating its very own Witch trial history at any given time. Only it would happen here under much different guises than it did way back when.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

[snip]

Check your U2U messages.
edit on 16-6-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

Well cross Papau New Ginnea off my "Places to Visit" list!

Holy Cow!

After being repeatedly slashed with knives, Rumbali's older sister and two teenage nieces were released following negotiations with police. Rumbali, a 40-something former schoolteacher, was beheaded.

She said villagers were envious because Rumbali's husband and son had government jobs, they had a "permanent house" made of wood, and the family had tertiary educations and high social standing.

What? Only women get the blame for witchcraft?

This is just so sick.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

Yes I believe I know what you refer to... can we say SAP...

SAP - Suspicious Activity Reporting - asks citizens to report any suspicious activity to their local police department.

While I understand they are doing this to help protect us from terrorist activity and what not... how do we know it won't turn into a witch hunt.

I'm not saying I 100% believe this to be true... that a witch hunt will entail. Just saying... how do we know it won't evolve into its own act of terror ... a similar fear mongering witch hunt of grotesque proportions similar to the salem witch trials ?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem here is that media and society often don't distinguish between the white and the very dark sides of 'witchcraft' and Magick, to keep terms all simple and consistent.

The albino tribe butchered to feed a gruesome trade in 'magical' body parts

We spent a good part of a course period listening to interviews from the families of some of those victims last semester. As a Wiccan myself, I'm rather sensitive to events like this, but from both sides. If the evil, dark creatures weren't still out there, just enough to remain on the edge of people's consciousness for being real .... the persecution against normal people who harm absolutely no one may not still be going on too. The story makes clear that the Tanzanian Government was not only no part of this....They gave 4 of them the Death Penalty, but still it goes on.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

First of all, this always makes me enraged and I have to force myself not to think about it. It happens in Africa all the time.

Secondly, I never feel more patriotic than I do when I am reminded of the religious freedoms I have in America. May the goddess bless the USA.

new topics

top topics

join