It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: UK and Russia 'can overcome Syria differences' is this the UK saying no to war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Putin has been round for tea and crumpets at number 10 with Cameron and they have said while they have differences of opinion they both just want (as we all do) the killing end.
Now what is interesting me about this is Cameron saying the other day that arming the rebels is not decided yet also this bit.

He said (Cam) there were "very dangerous" elements within the Syrian opposition, who he would like to see "driven out of Syria", but there were also moderate elements who supported a "free" and "pluralistic" system.

Reading the article it mentions that many of our MP's say arming the rebels is an act of folly and number 10 should not do it behind parliaments back.

Reading the comments at the bottom of the article proves to me the general public of the UK are against arming the rebels and any type of military action.

Seeing that the US government appears hell bent on war is this the UK saying no?

Thoughts?

Oh and I just saw this on telly and I couldn't help thinking go on Putin snap his neck off go on

edit on 16-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The daily mail online which i read off my phone have a comment section under each article that you can leave your comment on anything syria its blocked after ten or so messages when its clear everybody is against this...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just can't see how a civil war in Syria is any of the UKs business. We are basically supplying weapons to the same sort of people who killed Lee Rigby. Obviously everyone wants peace and to see an end to the suffering, but throwing more weapons into the mix isn't going to improve things. I'd rather see the money used for supporting jihadists, going to the refugees in the multiple camps around the region.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Seeing that the US government appears hell bent on war is this the UK saying no?

Nope. These political meetings are planned months in advance and the timing is problematic, that's all. Before any war, even when it's a major conflict, there is still the usual chatter going on as if nothing is wrong.

This is diplomacy, it's duplicitous, both nations could be planning surprise preemptive attacks on each other and they would still probably be having meetings about things right up to the line.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I know that... you are missing what Iam saying, Iam saying we are not going to arm the rebels (unlike the US Government).

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Oh and I just saw this on telly and I couldn't help thinking go on Putin snap his neck off go on

edit on 16-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

As we were watching it, I said to SWMBO, 'is it me or does it look like Putin could snap Cameron in half if he wanted to?'

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The political establishment in this country doesn't give a fiddly **** what the general public think.

We'll supply the rebels with military equipment and we'll soon start talking about a no-fly zone...

Sorry if I seem so bitterly cynical but I'm currently reading We b of Deceit: Britain's Real Role in the World

top topics

join