It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 year in jail

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is a horrible injustice to our system and our citizens. I hope that the community stands up with this child's freedom of speech and chides the officers decision to unjustly charge him for disruption.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Charges dropped:

The dismissal, signed by judge Eric O'Briant comes 70 days after, then 8th grader, Jared Marcum's pro-Second Amendment shirt, sparked what many are calling the fight over his First Amendment rights.

Link

I'm sure the district will enjoy their forthcoming lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ha. So, if they couldn't gag order him, they won't expose themselves to ridicule and possibly looking like a troll for the next election round.

The kid's dad ought to hang the school system and the cop out to dry. Given that he absolutely CANNOT charge the kid with obstruction for talking by a Supreme Court decision, looks like false arrest, maybe harassment under color of law. Teach the kid about civil rights suits and how you remove the qualified immunity of a cop for incompetence.

"Jared, here's you a nice bass boat that used to belong to the officer. I'm having 'Courtesy of James Adkins, incompetent LEO' painted on the back for you"

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join