It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 year in jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

No, I think the whole problem is that the men of this country are not being men. They are being chidish little boys. Throwing fits about what they can't wear, say, hang out, sect. But never, ever, ever, ever, acting on it. Yet, they are the fighters, the defenders, the protectors of the constitution and freedom, yet they never act. Only talk, write and whine.

Actually talking about it and possibly helping someone understand that it maybe a 1st amendment issue is doing something.

edit on 6/16/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Jail is seems a bit extreme, but I trust the Judge's judgment; he's only looking out for our safety.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sidshady

I dont understand how wearing a t-shirt is a threat to anybodies safety?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wonder if the NRA will back the kid all the way to the supreme courts or whatever if he gets the Jail for a year..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilsonWilson
reply to post by sidshady

I dont understand how wearing a t-shirt is a threat to anybodies safety?

Oh you silly silly freedom loving American. (
) Here... let me help with your re-education before your invitation to a camp for the purpose arrives like a notice from publishers clearinghouse.

This boy was clearly a wrench in the works of the great machine. That couldn't be tolerated. On any level.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm a silly silly freedom loving Brit.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Oh.... Well... I guess they already got to your side of the pond then, eh?

My bad... In that case, I'll note, since it didn't say it, that really is the current serving Attorney General of the United States and he really did say that. Scary times...eh?

* Sorry for assuming.... I guess what they say about the word is true.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Dad.."I'm a Fighter"....Probably never had a fight in his life, Strip away his AR15 and at the very core you will probably find a Big Girls Bottom with no Backbone for a bare Knuckle Dust up like real men do...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

No, I think the whole problem is that the men of this country are not being men. They are being chidish little boys. Throwing fits about what they can't wear, say, hang out, sect. But never, ever, ever, ever, acting on it. Yet, they are the fighters, the defenders, the protectors of the constitution and freedom, yet they never act. Only talk, write and whine.

That.......... is the only problem that I see.

You're arguing against your own argument (which is frankly pathetic to begin with)!

A man who teaches his son to respectfully defend his rights isn't a coward or childish...again, it's that kind of 'just do as you're told, keep your eyes down, suck it up mentality' that's causing America to slide, not defending against pathetic attacks on liberty.

You bemoan that they 'never act'...how is a Father defending his Son's rights, in the school, in the media, and now probably in a legal setting at court 'not acting on his convictions'?

If he didn't give a toss, or was weak and cowardly as you reckon, he would have told the boy to comply with the rubbish the cop was telling him, not stand up for himself and don't make waves.

The cop had no right to order the boy to strip, the prosecution has no legal standing either.

Sooner or later we are all going to be faced with these situations..now it's directed at school children in schools, tomorrow it may very well be directed at you in your home for any number of 'non-crimes'.

If a cop decided he didn't like the blouse your wife or girlfriend or even your mother was wearing, and ordered her to remove it...would you back the cop up then? You probably would actually.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's just really difficult to understand how you could get arrested for something like this.
In the Uk you would be sent home from school, and that would be that.
It seems crazy that a child is facing jail for wearing a t-shirt and talking over a police officer.

most schools here in the UK have a unifrom, but still breaking regulations would mean a suspension, not arrest.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

This is so stupid! Regardless of the shirt being an NRA shirt the school and cop are making mountains out of molehills! Whatever happened to the days when if your tee shirt violated school dress code or was causing too much of a ruckus the remedy was to have the student turn their tee shirt inside out? Now the police and courts have to be involved? A piss poor bunch of administrators are running our schools nowadays. It's ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

He was asked to turn it inside out and refused.
still doesnt warrent being arrested.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Schools have dress codes end of discussion. This is actually promoting criminal behavior and the defenders do not see it. Break the rules and what don't go to jail why do we want to teach this?

My school had a dress code in the 80's in a VERY CONSERVATIVE STATE.

NO SLEEVELESS SHIRTS, NO SHIRTS PROMOTING WEAPONS it was enforced and you were sent home to change.

It was pretty much laid out. Refuse and get detention, further refuse and get kicked out of school. Civil disobedience has it's consequences.

Here is the shirt in question, seems to me it would have broken the rules in my school.

You can't have it both ways. You can't break the rules and then justify them by your beliefs or qualify them with rights. In public this kid could wear whatever he wants...

I am curious for all the offended. Would it be ok if he wore a shirt that said

GO TALIBAN! and had a AK-47 on it? Or Promoting Terrorism?

If not why not? The same logic applies or do we pick and choose logic based on our beliefs?
edit on 16-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Send the kid home for the day. Explain the dress code to the parents. Arrest, way too far.

If this merits arrest, I would like to submit a list of corporate and government individuals that need a visit.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Exactly, and that kid looks like a stupid fool all around. They were just picking a fight with the establishment and now they are looking for gullible like minded folks who will whine with them.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Schools have dress codes end of discussion. This is actually promoting criminal behavior and the defenders do not see it. Break the rules and what don't go to jail why do we want to teach this?

I dont agree with this at all.
there is a difference between dress codes and laws.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by abeverage

Exactly, and that kid looks like a stupid fool all around. They were just picking a fight with the establishment and now they are looking for gullible like minded folks who will whine with them.

i cant believ you are so insulting about people because they dont have the same views as you.
I dont think having the opinion, it'sa OTT to arrest a child, and possibly send them to jail for a year makes you gullible.
And i dont think agreeing with someone stance means you are whining.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Schools have always had the right to have dress codes, so it's his own fault.

Why is is that people who can't follow basic rules are labelled as freedom fighters?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Where is the state or federal law that states breaking a school dress code is a criminal offense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join