It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fathers, Where Would We Be Without Them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by shrevegal

I'd be a successful prosecuting attorny who had a healthy relationship with men . I wouldn't hate them half as much as I do today. Um, let me see what else? I guess I could say without my father, I would have had a way better life than I do now. Yep. That is a fact.

Thanks for asking.

thats what wrong with the world today people always passing the buck, dont blame you father because your not happy with you life, bad form. Were you not saying something on another thread about whiners and how they are a problem? very confusing.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Allegedly, at some point.

He died about 15 years ago. It was an unremarkable event. I don't think anyone else noticed a difference in the world either.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I with you on that!

Although I never knew mine,
I know he is up there smiling right now!

Love that image! My Dad has passed on and it had meaning for me. Happy Father's Day Dad!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by shrevegal

I ain't even going to spoil it by mentioning my deadbeat dad who makes Darth Vader look like uhhh...some..good..dad.

Hold on a second. Darth Vader offered to share the whole galaxy with his son. Seems like a good dad in my book.

If if weren't for dads, we would all be bastards.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Darth Vader offered to share the whole galaxy with his son.

Oh, you believe that jibber-jabber do ya? I mean, I know there was still some good in him, but he was basically more machine than man, twisted and evil.

Deflect that with your precious logic!

edit on 16-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hi lonewolf, not sure if your post was to me...anyhow, my writing above is my fantasy idea of a dad. Mine was scary beyond belief...yet, I wanted to honor the dads that ARE decent and loving dads and deserve such. Hugs to you!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Goodness, it saddens me to see that there are so many that did not have a loving dad or one that brought about feelings of safety and warmth and love. I was hoping there would be lotsa "happy" comments....there were a few thankfully!

I suffered every form of abuse there was in family setting yet I'm still a work in progress. Trying to love and be love and hold love in my heart and not let bitterness and sadness consume me. Sure, it is work sometimes. I've seen great dads...those are the ones that should be praised and revered. As they say, you can choose your friends but not your family so some of us luck out and some do not...sad. Hugs and love to all of you here today who "missed out" on a great dad. You should be thought of too. Love to others here who lucked out with great dads. Love to ALL of you no matter what...from me to you!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Not alive obviously.

Whether they are "good" or not is pure happenstance.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I wish love to all dads everywhere....the good, the bad and so on. Who knows what may have made bad ones out of them. If we hold bitterness and hate in our hearts we become them....the bad ones. Sure, there are some things done that are too horrific to forgive/forget....then, we have to channel our love to the "good" in this world. I "love" my kitten. Gotta find that love somehow, somewhere or else we are lost....our heart and soul is lost.

We must find a safe haven, if not "dad", then someone/something good and positive. Love to all.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I'm a day late but i was packing for me holidays yesterday and didn't get on line lol

This is my wee daddy God rest his wee soul, miss and luv's you Jimmy xx

Thank you doc for letting me share

I'm the one me da's looking for nits in me hair and don't ask what i'm wear it was the 70's lol
edit on 17-6-2013 by ballymoney50 because: opps

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

feck that's a big pic

named and shamed

At least i loved my wee daddy and he brought me up all on his own from i was 2

edit on 17-6-2013 by ballymoney50 because: after thought

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Darth Vader offered to share the whole galaxy with his son.

Oh, you believe that jibber-jabber do ya? I mean, I know there was still some good in him, but he was basically more machine than man, twisted and evil.

Some women would say that's just a typical man.

Am I right, girls?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

LOL .

A four year old girl doesn't have much choice now does she? Oh, wait yes I see what you're saying. I was the idiot for believing the words that came out of the mouth of a man just because he was my father. I should have know from the age of four not to take anything a man said at face value. Darn it. You are right. What a fool I was to ever listen to and believe a man. Stupid me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

LOL

your not 4 anymore and still mulling over it, the only reason i started this conversation was because you were talking a big game about whiners on another thread, but then i see you doing the very thing you were condemning. Its almost as if your a troll and dont know it fully yet.

But back to your topic, your dad wronged you when you were 4, and because of one mans actions in the past you sabotage your own existence in present time? Seems like a sh*tty way to live, I hope everything works out for you.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Hi DocHolidaze, It has always been a hope of mine that anyone that has been hurt and/or wronged in childhood or in life in general, would still be able to hold love and kindness in their hearts and not let the past influence their present life/circumstances. If we harden our hearts and hold bitterness within, we may end up hurting ourselves and others in the process. By keeping the sad/bad feelings within, we risk becoming the same as the person/persons that had caused so much pain and heartache.

Yet, I can understand how much hurt and pain can have lasting and bad effects. The trick is to try every means possible to not let it ruin our joy in our present time, to not let it steal our energy and capacity to love and be loved. I had a rough time of it as a child but between counseling and working and trying really hard, I do pretty much ok. relevant to it all. I'm not perfect and still a work in progress but honestly, smiling and laughing and loving are a lot more fun and worthwhile than anything else. I hope anyone that has been hurt badly can find joy and peace and love. Hugs and love to all.
edit on 20-6-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal

Hi DocHolidaze, It has always been a hope of mine that anyone that has been hurt and/or wronged in childhood or in life in general, would still be able to hold love and kindness in their hearts and not let the past influence their present life/circumstances. If we harden our hearts and hold bitterness within, we may end up hurting ourselves and others in the process. By keeping the sad/bad feelings within, we risk becoming the same as the person/persons that had caused so much pain and heartache.

Yet, I can understand how much hurt and pain can have lasting and bad effects. The trick is to try every means possible to not let it ruin our joy in our present time, to not let it steal our energy and capacity to love and be loved. I had a rough time of it as a child but between counseling and working and trying really hard, I do pretty much ok. relevant to it all. I'm not perfect and still a work in progress but honestly, smiling and laughing and loving are a lot more fun and worthwhile than anything else. I hope anyone that has been hurt badly can find joy and peace and love. Hugs and love to all.
edit on 20-6-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

This is absolutely right. I was like some posters in this thread,they shall remain unnamed..and blame my dad for a lot of the failure in my life.Spent many years wondering why he did what he did and left 3 kids living in a hotel with their mother. All while he was making close to $200,000 a year and living in a big ol' house. One day I just woke up and realized he's a dick. And I was okay with it. Then my daughter was born and I realized that hey,my dad might be an asshole but you know what? He taught me how to be a father by not making the same mistakes he did.

Word now is he is very sick. I haven't seen him in years and he's never met my daughter. I've grown up a lot and am thinking that hey,the man raised me the best he could. Great dad when I was a kid.I didn't turn out to bad.He did something right.Perhaps I shall pay him a visit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join