It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Approval Rating Sinks to New Historic Lows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by darkbake

The few military people I know just want to get their time over with - morale is low (but that's only a few people so not representative of course). I bet the government themselves cast votes in those polls - thus the 10%.

Lol I was thinking the same thing ha ha.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Yeah no kidding, I don't like most of them, and the ones I do like aren't based on party lines at all but on the character of the person.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

What's more, Congress' approval rating is down among all political groups... at 9% for Democrats, 11% for independents and 10% for Republicans. While experts say it's hard to pinpoint exactly why Americans are so negative about Congress, the answer is probably "everything."

There is no longer any compromise in Congress. Hyper-partisanship means all Congress does is bicker while accomplishing nothing. Currently Congress has decided to reward itself with another 5-week vacation, despite all of these problems they're refusing to address.

They don't care about their constituents at all. Why are they even there if they aren't doing their job? This is ridiculous. If they're not going to do their job, they might as well go do something else like going on a safari or yachting with all the extra money they made from bribes and let someone else take over who wants to be there for the right reasons.

But I don't know. Maybe it should be like jury duty and the people picked take some courses and then serve for 4 years.
edit on 18-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Well, Congress's response to all this "negativity" is to bring in a whole new american population - the illegal immigrants to prop up the welfare stats and take even more money from us few taxpayers left.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Well well well, apparently the 2013 Congress was aiming to beat the 2012 Congress in terms of public loathing. Just last year, the approval rating was a meager 11%, which, at the time, was also a record setter. So seriously not good.

And I bet that come election time, they will be voted back in. So while we surely should loath Congress, it is ourselves, the voter, that should be truly in the gutter. Re-election rate is in some insane numbers....sometimes I wonder why I fight against a "term-limit" amendment (even though their are technically term-limits in place already).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

The main thing I think is for the two parties to communicate with each other in order to make systems that work for both parties. Each party represents people that are citizens of this country,

and their goal should be to work together to make things work for all of those citizens, rather than try to push an agenda past where it should be pushed.
edit on 18-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I am conservative (socially and financially) and constitutional - the "republican" party doesn't speak for me anymore.

The dems and the repubs are one and the same - if you cannot fathom this - our country is completely lost.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Well well well, apparently the 2013 Congress was aiming to beat the 2012 Congress in terms of public loathing. Just last year, the approval rating was a meager 11%, which, at the time, was also a record setter. So seriously not good.

And I bet that come election time, they will be voted back in. So while we surely should loath Congress, it is ourselves, the voter, that should be truly in the gutter. Re-election rate is in some insane numbers....sometimes I wonder why I fight against a "term-limit" amendment (even though their are technically term-limits in place already).

Exactly.

The public chooses to keep these corrupt regimes in power. So I'm not sure why the approval rating is low.

If you vote democrat or republican, expect that to be a vote wasted or a vote towards more corruption.
edit on 18-6-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join