It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Family Is Just Waiting For Us To Die! Please Comment.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
One last thought and then I am done for sure...
The eyes are the windows of the soul they say....I think I've stated this before. Anyhow, when one is communicating on a computer and other folks can not "see" the expression on the posters face or look into their eyes, it is pretty much impossible to get a real "feel" or slant on the person...to really be able to pick up on what kind of a person is at the keys, to pick up on the kind of person they really are. I guess that is why it is not always prudent to pour ones heart out on a computer or get into personal issues. Yet, we all want to feel we can trust folks to be fair and kind and yet human nature can take on many forms relevant to each individual person...everyone is different. That's what makes the world go round, as they say.

Now, as I reach for my windex to clean my eyes again, I hope my soul shines through truer and better in the future.

There may be a few tears to wipe away too but they can be therapy to and a good thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I really feel for you. I have a similar problem. Except I'm alone with this problem now.
I have more than just my children trying to get my money. There's a big queue forming. I'm not stupid.

Anyways I am not a lawyer but I'm fairly certain in the case of a car wreck it would be determined who died first. If your hubby went first and you were his benefactor , then you die second, its your benefactors who inherit from you. It works like that but you should get advice about this for different scenarios.

Its entirely up to you who you leave your money to. Not their business.
If they're asking to see your wills and all that don't let them. Don't give them keys to your home. If you needed assistance firemen can bust in, as long as you can dial 911. If you call 911 from a landline phone your address shows up, you don't even need to talk.

Don't leave it to the drug addicts it will end up being used for drugs.

Or see if you can make I it that they don't inherit until so many years after your death.

edit on 20-6-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Hi violet, Thank you for your kind and helpful reply. I was sorry to hear you are having similar difficulties too. I sure hope things will work out o.k. for you!

We see a lawyer to finish wills and other documents on Monday and we got a lot accomplished already. We got the executor situation settled so that we will have our wishes legally carried out to the letter. We are willing what little monies we have to the old soldiers home and to our great-grandkids for when they turn 21. We got that idea and added that to our wish list for finishing up the legal process.

We bought our burial plots yesterday and had legal papers drawn up at the funeral home to make sure we get buried regular as per our wishes and not cremated also. That is a big relief to me...it is all legal now and any adled family members cannot change it. I'm glad the lil monies left will go for better uses than what may have occurred otherwise. We have talked with family, did counseling and all we could but nothing transpired for the best. A few folks here blamed me for their adult behavior/choices. I was surprised. They didn't have the really "bad" habits and behaviors until they made poor marriage choices or were well into their 30's and 50's....how anyone feels the parent is at fault when the "kids" are that old is beyond me. We hardly ever had visits or saw them enuf or bothered them to cause anything? We even tried the "tough love" dealy and tried to distance ourselves from them...didn't work. Sometimes, we have had to distance ourselves for our own health and well-being. Toxic/negative people are stressful to be around and not good for the health to be around. Emotional vampires are no fun...definitely not like a romantic "Twilight" episoode...the first movie.

Daughter had a few issues as a child and counseling settled that and we went on to have a pretty good time of it until later years when adulthood came along. I'm not exactly sure what all happened and why things went the way they did?

Hugs and thanx for stopping by. We are gonna be fine now and i hope you will be to!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
Gonna try and post the pic of something here. May not come out. The monster mom, me.

Whoa! Girl. You'll outlive the lot of us. Look at you. The way this started I imagined you and your husband on your death beds. Not so.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Ramcheck, Thanx guy. A gal loves a compliment at any age. I keep on keepin on best as I can...I always figure, "Life is a bowl of cherries but ya gotta watch out for the pits"....and pushin up daisies would definitely be the pits! Thanx again and hugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join