It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was very weird to say the least

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
Yesterday i had this horrible imagery ,like a vivid thought if you will,
That i was saving my kids from a bedroom fire, I wrapped them up in the quilt
and fled down the stairs( dropping callum my eldest on the way down,

Wait what? You named you eldest "CALLUM? Have you ever heard the song by Johnny Cash "Boy named Sue"

That is the most disturbing part of your post for me...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderpuppy

That deserves a thread of its own man

its a good job you trusted your gut on that

i bet that one still gives you the chills

thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by maryhinge
Yesterday i had this horrible imagery ,like a vivid thought if you will,
That i was saving my kids from a bedroom fire, I wrapped them up in the quilt
and fled down the stairs( dropping callum my eldest on the way down,

Wait what? You named you eldest "CALLUM? Have you ever heard the song by Johnny Cash "Boy named Sue"

That is the most disturbing part of your post for me...

I love that mans voice im off to listen to it right now

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

so theres nothing in this one
this belongs to CranialSponge

And it will probably give you the chills for many years to come. I had this one incident when I was about 8 or 9 years old, and it still spooks me out when I think about it to this day... We had just moved into a new house and my room wasn't ready yet, so my mom had me sleep in the spare room on the main floor. I climbed into bed and laid on my back and stared up at the ceiling. Right above my head was the ceiling light fixture... it was one of those old fashioned standard flat square light fixtures. Anyways, I laid there staring up at it for a few minutes and thought to myself: "If that thing came down, it would land right on my face." So I rolled over to the far side of the bed and went to sleep. The next morning when I woke up, guess what was laying on the pillow where my head was before I rolled over to the far side of the bed ? Yup. Still gives me chills when I think about it. *shiver*

edit on 17/6/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

*shiver* to say the least

thanks for sharing and responding

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yeah that is one of the most excellent things that ever happened to us-and she is Such a good dog-except for one vice-she always sneaks onto the lounge couch given the slightest gap:-D but she's such such a love we can forgive her that.We were lucky with our other Dane too,the old lady,though in a less gobsmacking way.First time we went to visit my youngest daughter's bestie's parents I saw this lovely b+w Dane and on our way home said to the hubby:"You know I just have this feeling that Ladybug's the dog for us.It feels like she belongs with us" And about a year later,my daughter told me she just got a call from her bestie asking if we would want Ladybug because they were moving to a neighbouring country:-) She's been with us for more than 5 years now+she's an eccentric lovable old clown,we adore her. Btw your awesome avatar just got even more deeply cool.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderpuppy

That gave me gooseflesh but in a good way.It reminded me not of a dream I had,but of a day in my 16th year when I was at an inter-high athletics meet-and had the most awful morbid feeling all day,that something was terribly wrong.it was,my father had passed away from a heart attack while at work more than 100 miles away,though we only received the news much later in the day,when I was home again.A very very bad day,that.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Who's to say this is really a coincidence?

It may just be that your dream was actually a journey into a parallel universe in which the fan actually caught fire. Each parallel world is just a world in which some choice or event happened differently. In that world, the fan caught fire and you had to rush your kids out. In this one, it just tripped the breaker.

I wouldn't doubt that dreams may allow us to see what goes on in alternate universes.

You should just thank God you have good, working circuit breakers in this reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I also believe that some dreams are travels to other dimensions and/or parallel universes.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

We are far more conscious during our REM cycle than I think most people believe. It is quite possible that the dream was just a dream, but when your brain noticed a potentially similar event, it recalled the previous dream and woke you up to respond to the situation. Survival instincts in humans are still largely unexplored territory simply because modern society represses the day to day need for them. Interesting story...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join