It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This was very weird to say the least

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yesterday i had this horrible imagery ,like a vivid thought if you will,
That i was saving my kids from a bedroom fire, I wrapped them up in the quilt
and fled down the stairs( dropping callum my eldest on the way down,
Then back up for my daughter same thing wrapped her up in a quilt and out.
The bedroom fan had caught fire somehow.

Then last night (well 3.40 am is im woken up with this feeling of alfie landing on the bed,
I woke up and thought "that was strange" and low and behold the fan had tripped
the electric off right at that very moment the blades were still turning

Its done my head right in

and i know people will say its just a coincidence and it more than likely is.

but i thought it was worth putting out here on my favourite place

still feel a bit spooked

oh before you ask the fan is now outside with the rubbish

also MODS if this is in the wrong area please feel free to move it to the right place

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”― Albert Einstein www.goodreads.com...

I personally believe that nothing happens by accident. Trust your instincts, they will guide you well once you learn to listen to them with an attitude of selflessness

Glad you averted disaster. Thanks for sharing this story. I love seeing these little jigsaw pieces of life.
edit on 16-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Did you thank God for this? He always appreciates a thank you - an acknowlegment.

He will always come through for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I have many nights like that...I won't go in to details ,although there is an over protective side.Chalk it off to a little worrying on your part.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ahh coincidences. I hate them Because I cannot explain them. And when they happen to me, they happen in spades.

Like someone here a few months ago, posted a joke I'd never heard. About a school that has gone on break for the school holidays. They had an answering machine so if parents called, it would explain that the reason their kids are not learning is their fault and listing reasons why... etc, it was just a weird thing I'd never heard before.

THE NEXT DAY

I'm at a meeting with a group of people in a motivational type program, and not really digging it.. the instructor says he will put on this dvd from some rich twit who now does motivational speeches. Right in the middle of his waffling on, he tells a joke.

I won't bother to explain what it was... but I sat there with my head flipping out.

Or I'll see something completely bizarre and unique that I've never ever heard of before on some US doctors show.. Fecal transplants. WTF? Right, thats a one off, surely...

that afternoon on a different channel, from an Australian show, with different subjects, the topic comes up... fecal transplants.

What is going on, I think...

Oh there's so many more that I cannot even recall them all, but it makes me think that there really is something that ties it all together. It's almost as if reality is NOT that vast enough to have everything unique, and that sometimes than random generator spits out the same numbers in a short time.

And if you have had the misfortune of reading some of my posts on here, you may know that I don't go for that sort of thing at all.. yet, there it is.. inexplicable coincidences that to me, break my reality into pieces and leave me drooling.. Oo

Perhaps I am simply insane. thats possible.

Me and a mate walking down the main street in the city many years ago, we spot a deck of playing cards scattered all over the mall. My mate bends down to pick one up.

"8 of clubs" I yell for some unknown reason."

he stops in his tracks, out of all the cards there, all over the street, and shows me the 8 of clubs.

ahhh so what do we do.. sit there and bang our heads wondering what the hell is going on? Or just go "meh, it is what it is.." and get on with the meandering piffle of life that seems to contort itself to break us..

Onwards and Upwards, I always say!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You may have been asleep but your ears are your watchdogs during sleep. I'd be tempted to believe that your ears picked up the sound of a dysfunctional fan and then your mind not wishing to awaken just yet, created a dream that would do the job. Glad you pitched it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Great story op...how long in hours before the incident did your imagery occur?

And wino..did u and your friend look at the other cards to see if they were all 8 of clubs...wouldnt that make yor coincidence even stranger?

But im a fan of coincidence as irrational as it may be. ..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

winofiend! I'm flattered you decided to steal my homemade badge of (dis)honor! How's that for coincidence?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Hi winofiend,I know what you mean,I have had many of these instances too,I call it synchronicity.The best and most wonderful of these happened in regard to a dog.I was on ATS one night,and in the thread I was reading+responding to,dogs were the among the topics mentioned.A little bit later I went outside to let our dogs have their last pee for the night,it was around 1am,and I sat having a ciggy+looking at the stars while waiting for them.Thinking of how we would love another female Dane(I usually prefer to have female dogs,though I don't mind male dogs either) Our present female Dane is getting on in years,but that breed is very expensive here.A few minutes later I hear my old Dane guffaw and look to the side of the house.Following her line of sight,I see peeking around the side of our house-a young Dane..who turned out to be female.A lovely young dog,whom we found to be half-emaciated from starving-and yet later,found out that she and another breed of dog were both dumped in our area by a man from the town.Someone took the other dog in a few days before,but sadly he died,my hubby knows the woman who found him.But we nursed our "Dane-from-God" :-) back to health and will forever be awe-struck by this miraculous synchronicity.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Nothing weird about it. It's a part of you connecting when you subconscious is drowned out by your brain and so called logic.

Spirit connecting with the unseen order of the universe, if you will.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
thanks to all who responded

i dread to think what may have happened if the electric didnt turn off

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

id say about 12 hours or there abouts

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

i did thank the universe she sure does like it when we give thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by balanc3

Great story op...how long in hours before the incident did your imagery occur?

And wino..did u and your friend look at the other cards to see if they were all 8 of clubs...wouldnt that make yor coincidence even stranger?

But im a fan of coincidence as irrational as it may be. ..

Oo I never thought of that. I had thought maybe someone had planted a load of the same cards, but not that I'd still have guessed the right card, and that they'd all be that card.

I can't go back in time to investigate it, that's frustrating. I have to give in to the conclusion that they weren't.

or go even further insane oO

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

winofiend! I'm flattered you decided to steal my homemade badge of (dis)honor! How's that for coincidence?

Haha I'd thought about doing it for yonks, someone made a diamond content contributor and I thought "well I am like a lead balloon, killing threads, poisoning the mind, bad for you.. Hmm.. Plumbum!" and it had to be done

Yours reminded me I had not done it yet lol

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

Hi winofiend,I know what you mean,I have had many of these instances too,I call it synchronicity.The best and most wonderful of these happened in regard to a dog.I was on ATS one night,and in the thread I was reading+responding to,dogs were the among the topics mentioned.A little bit later I went outside to let our dogs have their last pee for the night,it was around 1am,and I sat having a ciggy+looking at the stars while waiting for them.Thinking of how we would love another female Dane(I usually prefer to have female dogs,though I don't mind male dogs either) Our present female Dane is getting on in years,but that breed is very expensive here.A few minutes later I hear my old Dane guffaw and look to the side of the house.Following her line of sight,I see peeking around the side of our house-a young Dane..who turned out to be female.A lovely young dog,whom we found to be half-emaciated from starving-and yet later,found out that she and another breed of dog were both dumped in our area by a man from the town.Someone took the other dog in a few days before,but sadly he died,my hubby knows the woman who found him.But we nursed our "Dane-from-God" :-) back to health and will forever be awe-struck by this miraculous synchronicity.

I need more of them like that!!
Awesome story, really does make you think !

Mind tend to involve silly unimportant things. Like the other night I was trying to sleep and I thought about a comedian I had not seen in years. Mel Smith, from Alias Smith and Jones and Not the Nine O'clock News. I hadn't even looked that guy up on the internet in all the years I've had it. The last thing I saw him in was Morons from Space. And out of the blue I was wondering what he'd been up to. Promptly forgot about it as I drifted off.

The next day, on a random tv show in the arvo, a documentary about boats was on. Lo and behold there was his partner, Rhys Griff Jones. And I just sat there, stuck by it once more. How. How did I just managed to .. oh I cant even ponder it lol.. But I thought "Why can't I imagine winning the lotto or something damn it!"

I'd much rather have a new family member though. So much more fulfilling.

The worst part, for me, is there is absolutely no reason to connect these things. There are no subliminal connections, no subconscious things to make me think about them. Just out of the blue. Ahh..

Oo

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
AHhhhhhhhhhh WTF..

Oo

so what... WHAT!! the VERY next day. In a segment on a dude who makes big card houses.. out of a stack of near 600 cards they show a shot of his thing.

Ahahha.. Ahh I'm going mental.. weeee

oO

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Happy1

i did thank the universe she sure does like it when we give thanks

Ask her what the hell is the deal with the 8 of clubs for me, she's doing my head in.

bloody nora!

The Eight of Clubs is one of the three, 'fix
ed' cards. With their strong mental power, they
are not easily swayed by others views and opinions. Many successful attorneys are Eight
of Clubs; however their power can be applie
d to any of the mental fields with grea
t
success. I have met chemists, rocket scientists
and nuclear physicists that are all Eight o
f
Clubs. They really can learn anything.
Their life path is one of the most successful
in the deck. They can have almost anything
they set their mind to achieving and most a
ttain wealth and prominence, but they must
make sure their life is kept in balance as mental and emotional peace is essential to
maintaining success. They have much psychic power and can be great healers. All o
f
their gifts can be applied to great success a
nd they only need to become aware of their
true goals to have a life of success and accomplishment.
Being so fixed has its own drawbacks, mainly that it is difficult for them to deal with
changes. It is in their minds and concepts
that they are the most fixed. There will
inevitably be certain periods of their life wher
e changes of their mental structures must
and will come. These periods are difficult but a
part of the 8 of Clubs karmic path. They
are always more healthy and alive after the ch
anges, which come as a sort of death and
rebirth.

I know it's like reading a horrorscope but .. ahhaha... ahhhaha.. You win this round fate, you win...

edit on 16-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
i had a weird thing as well ,, i can share with you, when my brother got married , I had this dream prior to his wedding. It was very weird to say the least, in my dream i dreamt that my grampa died and i was very upset because i didn't know why but i knew i could have help some how, in other words i could have done something but didn't ( in my dream that is ) and he died. i shared this dream with my mom at the time,, Well the wedding came and went, the next day i was driving to my folks house, and way ahead of me was a car that looked to me like the same car as my grampa's , but instead of heading towards my folks house , this car that looked like my grampa's turned right, the closer i got to the intersection, i got this really odd feeling, a feeling like i should do something. So instead of going straight i turned right and about a quarter of a mile was a gas station that this car pulled into,, the closer i got i could indeed tell it was in fact my grampa,,, so i pulled in and my grandma said to me that i should go into the bathroom because she was worried about my grampa, ,, Well when i did,, he wasn't doing well at all, I called my Dad using gas station phone, this was 1983, didn't have cell phones then, I told my dad what grampa was doing, and he was on his way to where we were, and called ambulance before leaving, they arrrived before my dad did and right away the parimedics started heart monitor, As it turned out he had a heart attacked, Not saying i saved his life.. but was told the out come might have been different if i would have went straight instead of turning right. so i believe that sometimes we are told things in dreams

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

And it will probably give you the chills for many years to come.

I had this one incident when I was about 8 or 9 years old, and it still spooks me out when I think about it to this day...

We had just moved into a new house and my room wasn't ready yet, so my mom had me sleep in the spare room on the main floor.

I climbed into bed and laid on my back and stared up at the ceiling. Right above my head was the ceiling light fixture... it was one of those old fashioned standard flat square light fixtures. Anyways, I laid there staring up at it for a few minutes and thought to myself: "If that thing came down, it would land right on my face." So I rolled over to the far side of the bed and went to sleep.

The next morning when I woke up, guess what was laying on the pillow where my head was before I rolled over to the far side of the bed ?

Yup.

Still gives me chills when I think about it.

*shiver*
edit on 17-6-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join