It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry, Bush, and IQ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Only insecure, shallow, people would keep trying to show they are "smarter" than someone else by trying to point out "W's" supposed low IQ. Fact is his IQ is much higher that Kerry's based on Pentagon sources. Those of you who think they are so much smarter are only showing your own ignorance and stupidity. "Moron's" do not get Harvard MBA's nor do they fly A-4's before advanced flight computers.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

This IQ data is based on SAT/ACT test scores

Essentially what you have here are claims being made on supposed psychological assessments that never actually occurred. You see, nobody was given an actual IQ test. Instead, SAT/ACT scores (which, by definition, are measures of scholastic APTITUDE, not INTELLIGENCE) were used to "estimate" IQ.

It is not scientifically accurate to make any statements about IQ based on this data, because the "measure" being used is actually an estimate. Absolute or definitive statements cannot be extrapolated from this method.

MK

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA
............It is not scientifically accurate to make any statements about IQ based on this data, because the "measure" being used is actually an estimate. Absolute or definitive statements cannot be extrapolated from this method. ..........
so is an IQ test a scientifically accurate "measure" from which to draw definitive statements.....or is it an estimate that most use to extrapolate from? ie...is this just an argument over which estimate is more accurate.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

so is an IQ test a scientifically accurate "measure" from which to draw definitive statements.....or is it an estimate that most use to extrapolate from?

Excellent question. My answer is: Yes to both! It is possible to draw definitive statements from an empirically-supported IQ test (such as the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scales, Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test, Stanford-Binet Fourth Edition, etc). By definition, these measures are used by psychologists, neuropsychologists, psychometricians, and others. They are very robust measures.

However, the statements themselves that we are allowed to make from these measures are very specific to certain problem-solving skills, verbal abilities, and performance abilities. A full-scale IQ score is actually itself an estimate of these abilities, but it is an accurate estimate due to the fact that it is being applied to a single individual (the one that took the test), and based on their unique responses to the test. So it is not 100% accurate (generally there is a 90%-95% confidence in the accuracy of the scores), but it is the most accurate tool we have at this point to assess the components of intelligence.

There are group intelligence tests available, but sadly these polls didn't use them.

MK

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Mk

Having missed were the quote in your post came from, my question was more to illuminate that an IQ test by and large is simply an estimate �..I didn�t realize that you were actually responding to the these phony lists. My first post contained a link to a webpage with a complete debunking of these phony lists. Additionally at the bottom of the original post there is a link that debunks it as well. The original version of the lists linked income as well that hasn�t been close to accurate for over a decade. So I didn�t catch your original target. So point taken.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
remember there are groups of companies sitting around right now. going hmmmm which puppet strings do i pull next.govenments are only as good as the company behind them telling them what to do.....i glad i have no strings on my arms.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by flukemol]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
...based on Pentagon sources.

Begs the question, why didnt you post these Pentagon sources?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Begs the question, why didnt you post these Pentagon sources?

i believe the links to those are in the original post if you care to dig.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I did care to dig, the link didn't and doesn't work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join