It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cant have peace.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by smithjustinb

With all due respect, Smith, please take a few years to really study mankind, his nature, how he survives amidst the turmoil created by others, how he is forced to fight evil that is determined by others in his own family and tribe. Look at the insane world about you and tell us how peace on earth or merely peace of mind is possible.

The only way to achieve peace is to live entirely alone and far far away from man, but then by our own nature we are a tribal species, so merely remaining isolated from others can cause severe mental distress - which is not peace of mind.

Peace is easy. Its nothing more than being satisfied with things the way they are.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Damsel

Im glad you brought up detachment. Attachment is the root cause of all suffering. It binds you. It restricts. Attachment is, to me, most detrimental when it is an attachment to identity. I did really well in school I believed I was smart and great. But thats relative. Nothing relative is absolute nor true. I attached myself to this belief and I sufferred because I was wrong. If I had not attached to this belief there would have been no problem.

Some say desire causes sufferring, but I say, deeper than that it is the attachment to the desire. People say live in the now to end sufferring. I say yeah. Attachment is always an attachment to something in the past or the future, whether it be an accomplishment, a tragedy, or a goal. To live in the now means to detach from the burden of attachment which can only be that which is locked in the past or the future.

The ever changing scene on the screen cannot be grasped - what is there to attach to?
You do not have to live in the now - because now is all there is. There is no you separate from now.
Presence just appears different constantly.
Realize the screen which is the stable one and there will be a peace that surpasses all understanding.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Thats what im sayin

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The only way to achieve peace is to live entirely alone and far far away from man, but then by our own nature we are a tribal species, so merely remaining isolated from others can cause severe mental distress - which is not peace of mind.

Peace is easy. Its nothing more than being satisfied with things the way they are.

Being human means we are never satisfied with the-same-old for very long. We're just not wired that way.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Some humans don't get tired with the old and instead create new
ways of experiencing the old to have peace the new is not
always a good thing you know sure its fun but then what
happens to the new it becomes old again which is why it is
just better to stick with the same old routine because it ends up being
that way in the end. Enjoy the now and their shall be more
peace. Roll with life.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Being human means we are never satisfied with the-same-old for very long. We're just not wired that way.

Usually thats how it goes, but what is normal doesnt apply to all. Usually it only applies to humans who are caught up in the rat race of society. Tribal people whos societies are less intense, I would expect to not have the same stresses as civilized people.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Its all according ti what you believe is bad and what you believe is good that determines if it is good or not. Good and bad are determined by you and only apply to you. They are subjective. But no one is saying you have to have peace. We live without it a lot of the time, but it is there if you want it.

I'm not sure how many experiments you have done, but my studies show the belief of karma is correct.

I didn't want to believe this, but again after learning it has come out to be a true thing in my belief with backup evidence that karma exists. Which means we are all connected, and the things we do to each other with effect you and others.

This surely means there is a right and wrong.

And if right and wrong, most likely there is an ultimate judge of the universe.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You are right. Amor fati. This outlook is a key to peace. Often times, however, the love of fate requires also a good sense of humour.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You cant have peace as long as there is good and evil conflicting with each other. Once you assign good and evil to objects, you subject yourself to conflict
I brought this concept up in another thread, and it is just as true now.

Start with the game of chess, one side white, one side black, and of course the side you are on is always good, regardless of color. The chess pieces do not comprehend that they are in fact being manipulated and moved by forces they themselves can not comprehend or see. They only obey the directives of the higher ups in the game. All the game pieces know is the other side must be defeated.

I'm not saying there is not some intentional pain and suffering being inflicted upon humanity. Read the news papers and history books, they are full of it. But in the animal kingdom there is no evil, only survival.

Good and evil actually resolve down to a basic, knowledge versus ignorance. If the chess pieces could understand this they would cease the "War", and start asking questions like whats wrong with black and white, and why do we have to fight them?

So in essence, humanity is held in a "Ignorant" state, fighting wars that are senseless and counter productive to the plight of humanity.

The greater question might be, why are we held in a perpetual state of ignorance? And a very good place to start is our very own genesis on this planet. Was it a good thing putting us here, or a evil thing. Well, obviously if you can read these words and experience life, it was a good thing. But if you were already here, forced to step aside for this new life form (us), it would be evil in your eyes. And the two opposing sides would most likely be in conflict until the ignorance is cleared up.

Now comes the question, do we bow down and worship those that came before us? Simple answer is no. They are practicing one of the oldest survival tactics devised, deception. And as long as we play their "Good verses Evil" game of chess, we are deceiving ourselves and humanity is in a state of, stalemate.

Deception by its very nature is disrespectful in the human community and an animalstic trait. It is disrespectful in its use against us, and I cant understand why anyone would bow down and worship a disrespectful "Power", regardless of its "Color".

Our survival depends on knowledge, not ignorance. Unity and knowledge will defeat good verses evil.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You cant have peace as long as there is good and evil conflicting with each other. Once you assign good and evil to objects, you subject yourself to conflict. Fighting against what you have determined to be evil is only you fighting. Theres no peace in that.

agreed
no peace in fighting to get peace...

You cant have peace in the pursuit of good. When what you already have is what is good, you will have peace. When what you already have is bad, you will not. You cant have peace if you believe in bad and you cant have it if you pursue good.

So in essence if left in the dark consciously MANY wouldn't recognize anything's wrong or right, and so they would find a peace of consciousness then do to not being alert of activities that may be evaluated as right/wrong subjectively based on the experiencer..

Its all according ti what you believe is bad and what you believe is good that determines if it is good or not. Good and bad are determined by you and only apply to you. They are subjective. But no one is saying you have to have peace. We live without it a lot of the time, but it is there if you want it.

1 sees what you mean to 1 LOVE may assist and establish supports for many why @ the same time LOVE possibly is starving another that thrive on peace non love. This UNIVERSE...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

I'm not sure how many experiments you have done, but my studies show the belief of karma is correct.

I didn't want to believe this, but again after learning it has come out to be a true thing in my belief with backup evidence that karma exists. Which means we are all connected, and the things we do to each other with effect you and others.

This surely means there is a right and wrong.

And if right and wrong, most likely there is an ultimate judge of the universe.

There is a group consensus that does most of the determining of what is good or evil, and individuals find themselves conforming to it. When an individual does something to another individual that the other individual has accepted as bad, the other individual will experience the badness of it. But the same act can happen to someone who is not offended, and that person will not experience the badness of it. No harm no foul, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

There is a group consensus that does most of the determining of what is good or evil, and individuals find themselves conforming to it. When an individual does something to another individual that the other individual has accepted as bad, the other individual will experience the badness of it. But the same act can happen to someone who is not offended, and that person will not experience the badness of it. No harm no foul, right?

No I don't believe karma or the concept of good and bad has nothing to do with intellect, it has to do with emotions.

In today's world people usually don't know the exact link between their thoughts and emotions, but it is not the ego which is the judge of good and bad, it is the emotions. So the emotions have more say in what is good and bad than your mind.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I was referring to the emotional effects.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by greyer

I was referring to the emotional effects.

Ok but they go deep enough are unconscious and compromise of all the unconscious activity going on in our mind - even further than the subconscious. You can't go around and wire everybody's neurons to see how their thoughts interact with their feeling. It is not like a meeting where everybody gets around a table to discuss this. Karma is real - which means that the universe is the judge of good and bad. I was surprised to see this because I grew up in a religious background and I knew karma was an Eastern term, more of an open mind philosophy. So when I saw it I was surprised, and it specifically has to do with other people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join