It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Wifi Name In My List Is FBIsurvvan1.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadhatterTheGreat
Someone just messing around or should I be concerned? I personally have no reason to be concerned, just figured they would do a better job at covering up their name. There are some shady people in my neighborhood so it wouldn't surprise me.

This is pretty normal. The FBI likes to advertise their presence to potential terrorist cells.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

The name of my wifi is FBI Surveillance van. I've had it like that for a while, just to freak out the neighbors. Before that, it was Area51something another, lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Well I figure it's what you say. Somebody just screwing around.

Sometimes things are really just that simple

Exactly.

My brother's wifi name is "Not the FBI", at one time I set up my parents wifi name as "virus". Needless to say they had neighbors thinking their computer was at risk because of the wifi name.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We have FBI Surveillance Van 1 in our neighborhood. Guess it's pretty common.

No need to worry , unless,..... you live at White Sands Missile Range like I did. They have a REAL surveillance van that drove slowly around the housing area every night. It was white with no windows, a blackout driver/front passenger window, with radar dishes on top and antenna pointed into the houses. That my friend is a real surveillance van. You see one of those in your neighborhood, then worry. Until then just don't live on White Sands Missile Range. It's a bad,bad,bad place to live, unless you are into total security (never had to lock a door, never had a single crime while I was there) in exchange for total surveillance (phone, internet, cell and home conversations.)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thats what my wifi name was a few months ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Lol i have my wifi named fbi data monitoring hub and my phones hot spot as fbi monitoring van #34.
The phone hot spot is the funniest go into a open wifi resoraunt andturn it on and look at peoples faces

edit on 16-6-2013 by leftfielder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I used to run a Fidonet BBS system (Quicksilver: 1:350/201). It ran on an MS-DOS system pre-Windows days using Binkleyterm as a front end and the QuickBBS system. On the login screen I had a note that said,

"Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete for High-IQ Board."

People would actually write to me concerned that they could not get into the board.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

That is awesome!

I gave you a star.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't think that they would let the name of they wifi so obvious, probably Is someone doing a joke.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join