It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican National Politics has gone to the Cats ..and Donkeys ..and Chickens?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I kid you not folks. I wouldn't believe it without a picture of Morris the Cat right there on the story link and the link is the Associated Press, of all people. Do go read this one. It takes seeing and reading to believe it. Mexicans absolutely are sick of their own system and showing it in a surprisingly wide demonstration of animal protest. I'm not sure what else you'd call it, when it's across a measurable number of the nations minor elections.

MEXICO CITY (AP) — This mayoral hopeful in Mexico promises to eat, sleep most of the day and donate his leftover litter to fill potholes.

Morris, a black-and-white kitten with orange eyes, is running for mayor of Xalapa in eastern Mexico with the campaign slogan "Tired of Voting for Rats? Vote for a Cat." And he is attracting tens of thousands of politician-weary, two-legged supporters on social media.

The story even says Morris will donate his old litter for filling potholes. What a warm and loving little guy, eh? lol...

Also running for mayor are "Chon the Donkey" in the border city of Ciudad Juarez, "Tina the Chicken" in Tepic, the capital of the Pacific coast state of Nayarit, "Maya the Cat" in the city of Puebla and "Tintan the Dog" in Oaxaca City, though their campaigns are not as well organized as that of Morris.
Source

Talk about Animal House! As much as it's humorous, it sure is a statement. I wonder if ours would get the message if people ran pigs for office in a few races in each state, across the nation?

new topics

join