It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former NSA director about Edward Snowden - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I could not find this video from ATS, it was aired in some Dutch tv-program:

Former NSA director Bill Binney interview about the current scandal and Edward Snowden:

As non-American this is something truly disturbing as the people collecting data about my web-actions are not even my own government... (even if it was, I would not support it personally)

The whole scandal has really brought my attention to this thing. Where are the lines, which should not be crossed? I understand that basically the system can be considered like a security camera of a store in some ways - it records everything and all the time, but it is accessed only when necessary (some theft or other crime in the store). Nobody is taking a look at all the data themselves, it is impossible timewise. Although at least this PRISM thing seems simply wrong... It simply gives too many personal information about people´s lives to a government, for many people foreign government...

In some ways, I personally see such thing necessary and justified at a local level, although all this requires full transparency and strong trust in the authorities who handle the data, neither of which are unfortunately not there currently, at least not where I live at.

I do not know whether this person is trustworthy but this video was quite interesting. I sincerely hope that his claims were just a conspiracy, but I´m afraid they aren´t...
edit on 15-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

As an American, this is disturbing, and I believe we are more upset (as a nation) then we are being led to believe. After all, the people in the military are being advised not to look at the Internet (for what I believe to be, fear of learning true reactions) and we are being showed polls that indicate that we just don't care that they are secretly taking this information from us. This is a slipery slope, as was stated in the video. Everyone I talk to seem to be highly upset.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Yeah check this out Link

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by Cabin

As an American, this is disturbing, and I believe we are more upset (as a nation) then we are being led to believe. After all, the people in the military are being advised not to look at the Internet (for what I believe to be, fear of learning true reactions) and we are being showed polls that indicate that we just don't care that they are secretly taking this information from us. This is a slipery slope, as was stated in the video. Everyone I talk to seem to be highly upset.

Wait until the liberals and Obama supporter figure out they were snookered like the Bush supporters were. You have to watch the video at the link I posted. Binney mentions Echelon.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join