It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream consumers waking up to Xbox1 spying on them! Amazon leading the wake up call!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I was going to respond to your post - but as I got halfway down, I realised that for some unknown reason you seem to start laying into me for things I never said. In fact, you have even quoted what I said above your post, then proceeded to claim I criticised some bloke in a video I never even watched over his weight and whether he lived with his mother.

I never said any of those things and I believe you should retract what you said.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I fully understand the purpose of patching, I do it all the time, I am simply pointing out how the law works.

No, what you're doing is pointing out how you would like the law to work. It isn't actually how it does work.

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Again, patching is fine, I do it all the time, my point is - a defective product can be returned.

The seller actually has an option under UK law (Sale of Goods Act) and isn't obliged to offer a refund but can also offer a replacement or repair. It is actually the sellers choice as to how they remedy the problem.

I have already told you this once, but you seem to be wilfully ignoring it to try and prove some sort of weak point, as well as the other point I made about your unrealistic expectation of a perfectly working program straight out the box - if that was legally what companies were expected to make sure of before releasing games, none would ever be released.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I think I've worked it out. Given that the only real difference between PC games and console games is the ability to play in groups of more than one person (in actual real life next to someone) his definition of 'real' gamers is people who don't have friends that they can call on for a social gaming session with drinks and nibbles as a joint experience. 'Real' gamers do it on their own.

You can't do that on a 'proper rig'. That's about the best I can guess.

First off, it was a tongue in cheek comment, but this idiot piped up....

You can do exactly that with PC's as well, matey. You can either lug around your desktop, use a gaming laptop or use a shuttle case instead of a large ATX one.

The actual real difference between PC and console is the sheer power. No console can ever match up to the power a PC has and that translates into far, far better graphics and the gaming experience at large.

EDIT: Oh, and mods - gotta love those mods! You don't get them on console and the funny thing is, you felt the need to swipe at PC gamers due to a lack of "social" aspects. The PC gaming community is large and generally more mature than others.
edit on 20/6/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

First off, it was a tongue in cheek comment, but this idiot piped up....

Ad hominem name calling already?

You can do exactly that with PC's as well, matey. You can either lug around your desktop, use a gaming laptop or use a shuttle case instead of a large ATX one.

Wow, sounds so convenient. Just curious, when did you last do that?

The actual real difference between PC and console is the sheer power. No console can ever match up to the power a PC has and that translates into far, far better graphics and the gaming experience at large.

The point made was that only gamers that use PCs are real gamers, not which system is more powerful. By that argument someone with a more powerful GPU than you is a realer gamer then you then?

EDIT: Oh, and mods - gotta love those mods! You don't get them on console and the funny thing is, you felt the need to swipe at PC gamers due to a lack of "social" aspects. The PC gaming community is large and generally more mature than others.
edit on 20/6/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

The fact you don't think console games can or are modded speaks volumes.

Anyhoo it looks like Microsoft have backed down on some of it.

news.xbox.com...

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join