It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream consumers waking up to Xbox1 spying on them! Amazon leading the wake up call!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
So if I make a copy and then give them the disc back, I've not actually taken anything?

Originally posted by stumason
It would still be theft - you would breach copyright law doing that
That was just a joke

Hmmm, I do not believe you have much experience in PC games having read that comment. Patches are quite normal to address bugs or even add new content (not everyone uses the DLC model) and, more often than not, will improve the gaming experience by fixing bugs.

Actually I build and maintain PC's for some serious gamers, used to be myself once upon a day, too old and too slow now.

My point which you seem to have ignored is this.
When you buy a product it should work!
If it doesn't, and that includes software! then you are entitled to a refund.
A patched product IS NOT THE PRODUCT that you purchased, its a REPAIRED product.
I fully understand the purpose of patching, I do it all the time, I am simply pointing out how the law works.

Personally, I think it is unrealistic to a piece of software to work perfectly on release, there is always bound to be an error or typo in the code, whether it be a PC game or multi-million pound software suite used by a big corporation. Like I said, there is no way they can test the software on every possible configuration of hardware/software so there is always going to be someone who runs into trouble.

It was only last year that I wasted two days trying to get an SLI setup working on a friends box, only to find out via a leak by Carmac (Gamers God) that the problems had been deliberately left in the software in an effort to drive people away from the PC and onto a Console. He quickly released a patch once he was legaly able too.

Again, patching is fine, I do it all the time, my point is - a defective product can be returned.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
OMG, That guy in the first video had me laughing so hard I almost shat myself! I had no idea about the xbox.. You have to admit. The restrictions that they are requiring are just down right 1984ish. After the power supply issues I had with the 360 (crapped out with less than 40 hour usage) I vowed never to by another MS consule anyways.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Holy crap. The guy in the first video is EXACTLY what I picture when I hear people whining about the new xbox.

Maybe this will inspire him to go outside and ride his bike.

Don't like it? DONT BUY IT!

in case you weren't aware of this fact, the guy in the first vid is playing a character.....it's an act.....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Guys guys guys... What up internet.

So, yeah, this is all a shambles. But Don't fear, I have the solution. THE solution.

Damn M$ for putting a camera in their device that they said they would put in their device. And how it works, OMG, it looks. AT YOU! What audacious arrogance. I mean, there you are, paying 2 days wages to buy the latest and greatest innovative machine to put a game into and they go and try to sneak in New World Order shenanigans and get even more secret sauce on your personal life. I dare say, we'll have NONE of that. Uh Uh. No sir. I get that it's supposed to be something good, like it is leading the way to have some sort of aware machine that can anticiapte your intentions and.. but have you heard alex jones lately? I mean, listen to the man, he's telling you the truth guys, ROBOTS in our homes.

No. The solution?

Problem?

Oh and Yeah that Windows 8 is sure a load of walleytot. I agree. I mean, it's basically windows 7 with a new screen on the side if you want to access it, and more applications that make it a little more in line with pretty much every mobile device out there, and you don't even need to use that side of things if you prefer not to, but how dare they.. It's just not on. It's a failboat without an anchor. And even still it wont float. So..

No Problem!

edit on 15-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

My NES still works and bit rot withstanding it will still work in 20 more years and even then I can have the carts reprogrammed. Cant really say that about the Xbox one. Xbox One will be a Zack Morris phone with a one way line to the NSA.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Unfortunately the ETs that seduced the governments, corporations, and religions with neat shiny things will not be able to use their neat shiny toys they say don't exist unless you agree to use the neat shiny toys they allow you to have with certain rules an regulations.

As it is above so it is below.
Trickle down...Remember?

Enjoy the shiny stuff dumb sheep....Oh I'm afraid your leaders are in this category as well.

They aint the only ETs on the block and by their fruits they are known to be the poopie diaper dummy set of ETS. So, the blue beam is designed for them and the leaders here, all renegades.

Family and True Et is Benevolents and that means EQUALITY, no money, banks, patents, crimes against humanity, no homelessness, NO SLAVERY.

I can't wait till the real Justice, Love, Goodness, Counseling, Healing True HIGHER UP team comes in to end all this.

In the meantime, I suggest a new system be invented that belongs to the people for the people, pepole's patent and plays people's games.

And alot of really good Linux games gets made for the PCs!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devilishwork
Some of the points you make are wrong. I found this info on another site.

1. Kinect does not watch you at all times. you can turn it off entirely, or when you don't want it on through the system itself, or turning off the console.

2. Used games will work. Publishers are working on deals with used games dealers to provide incentive to sell used games. Still being worked on.

3. You DO NOT need to have your console on 24 hours a day tied to the internet to play a game. If you own the hard copy of the game you can play offline. If you RIP the game to your console you need to have online capabilities to check the authorization code to make sure the copy is legitimate.

Granted this is new information coming out, I hope to see some misconceptions cleared up.

www.reddit.com... ... es_kinect/

No the reddit page is filled with the wrong info and also not new.

Kinect is mandatory and always active (you can however pause voice control in case some joker keeps yelling commands at it while you game) but it is always active even when the console it on standby , it has no OFF function and has to be connected at all times (which is a big hint that it will never be off), it will not start up without it and you can only turn it "OFF" by turning off the entire system but even then it is always active since it is always listening , hence the "xbox on" command

www.ign.com...

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected.

"Kinect does require to be connected to Xbox One in all cases, yes,"

It would be a bit odd that it is required to be always connected BUT can be turned off (which it cant) at the same time.

The second had market will require retailers to have a system and specific software running to support second hand xbox one sales (verification will go directly through MS that way "microsofts cloudbased azure pre-owned system") and will require deactivation for each title by that system since each title has to be activated(locked) on your console after purchase. The second hand sale price will be be set by the publisher if any but a baseline will most likely be set by MS (per usual on xboxlive aswell)

also,All xbox one games HAVE to be installed to the hard drive it is not a option anymore.

The xbox one will have to verify your games through live once every 24 hours, if it cannot do this it will lock the games. If you are playing with your account on another xbox that is not your own it will check every hour and lock you out of the games if it cant.

that is the official line so far.

Another thing that bothers me is that those nifty features they showed during their first presentation like the fast switching between apps and games and tv etc will only be active for gold members.

edit on 17-6-2013 by Shadowphile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Xbox is dead...long live the PS4...the down side is my 10 year old who will need to learn a big life lesson when he gets a PS4 instead of a Xbox 1, life does have it's trials and tribulations and he needs to learn at some point... no matter how hard it may be....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

I used to like Xbox, now they can kiss my ass. I will spend my money on books, drink and food.

My children are not allowed to play Xbox.

Idiots

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No man. This won't fade away. You aren't allowed to share games, also it takes a lot of business from game stores (I would say the game store problem is the only one they will resolvw, but maybe not). Requiring a net connection is too much. There are lots of people without connections that liked xbox and now can't. These complaints are much bigger than the one about the ps3.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

anyone can wake up..

and go back to sleep a moment later. Dont assume this will change a thing, it wont.

They know what they are doing, you dont?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Xbox is dead...long live the PS4...the down side is my 10 year old who will need to learn a big life lesson when he gets a PS4 instead of a Xbox 1, life does have it's trials and tribulations and he needs to learn at some point... no matter how hard it may be....

Don't want to sound harsh but your child should be happy about getting a ps4, there is absolutely no life lesson here. Life is not tough if you can't get the Xbox1 and end up with ps4, life is tough if you can't eat.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Boogies such a sweetheart. When Francis get's all upset over the death of Arthas I get the feels. HAHA

Anyway, when the time comes to replace my consoles I'm jumping ship to Playstation. The kinect is a pain in the arse as it is, the amount of times you are sat there minding your own business and suddenly some kids start mumbling and screaching through the tv at you. It's mini heart attack time followed by a rummage to get the damn thing unplugged again.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Consoles are good for -casual- gaming..kids, and that's about it. which is fine..there will always be a place for consoles. But a true gamer is a PC gamer...and that's that.

Can people please stop reciting this ridiculous assertion that 'real' or 'true' gamers use PCs and shun consoles.

A true gamer doesn't look at the platform, they look at the game. The platform is the least relevant bit.

Real gamers have consoles and pcs and handhelds. We even are known to use boards, or books. The platform isn't the thing...the game is. The clue is in the name...right there...see...gamer. Not consoler. Or computerer.

Gamer.
edit on 17-6-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by BinxieTrollestia

I agree with your comments about PC's... For around £700-800 you can build a pretty decent gaming rig that outspecs the latest consoles and, for the most part, will be future proof for many years with only an occasional graphics card upgrade.

Consoles are for kiddies and morons. Real gamers have proper rigs

"real gamers"? I love that expression.

Please do tell me whats a "real gamer"...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

reply to post by BinxieTrollestia

I agree with your comments about PC's... For around £700-800 you can build a pretty decent gaming rig that outspecs the latest consoles and, for the most part, will be future proof for many years with only an occasional graphics card upgrade.

Consoles are for kiddies and morons. Real gamers have proper rigs

"real gamers"? I love that expression.

Please do tell me whats a "real gamer"...

I think I've worked it out. Given that the only real difference between PC games and console games is the ability to play in groups of more than one person (in actual real life next to someone) his definition of 'real' gamers is people who don't have friends that they can call on for a social gaming session with drinks and nibbles as a joint experience. 'Real' gamers do it on their own.

You can't do that on a 'proper rig'. That's about the best I can guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

Amazon started a poll on June 13, asking gamers which console they'd choose in the next generation. This poll was supposed to run through June 20 but as noted by Cinemablend, Amazon has prematurely ended the lopsided contest. The results were about 95% in favor of the PS4, which is pretty nuts (and boring from a competition standpoint), but why did the poll stop? What's the point of ending it four days early?

Thinking about this logically, there's no real reason as to why Amazon would have wanted to end the poll early given all the free publicity and traffic they were receiving from the unbiased and very public escapade. That is, unless things were cut short, potentially, under coercion from upper management?

imo clearly privacy issues caused this backlash and more people were getting to meet their big brother so they ended the poll

bonus video hehe

edit on 17-6-2013 by Zedux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
LOL This was hilarious and epic at the same time.
This is gonna be an epic nightmare for Microsoft for Xbox One.Imagine how many people will get this thing and not even realize it is unplayable unless they are connected to the internet.

Imagine how many people are not gonna realize it is not backawards compatible as well.They will plug it in when they get it home and they won't be able to play because of no internet connection and not to mention they will be old sold badly because of this.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I hope everyone realizes that "Francis" is a character played by that guy. He brings up some valid points, but he is not the real guy.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I find it absolutely amusing that this thread is full of a bunch on non-gaming judgmental know nothings. There is also the other nerd division of consoles are for noobs, my gaming rig is the l337sawcwtfbbqpewpew...

Focus on the fact the Microsoft has over stepped its boundaries and is in lock step with the shady ass government. Ohh no we have to focus on what the fat guy should be buying. If the fat man wants an Xbox One, that is HIS choice. Society needs to take a step back and gtfo of other peoples business.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Focus on the fact the Microsoft has over stepped its boundaries and is in lock step with the shady ass government.Ohh no we have to focus on what the fat guy should be buying. If the fat man wants an Xbox One, that is HIS choice. Society needs to take a step back and gtfo of other peoples business.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

That's the purpose of this thread and it went a bit off topic but most people focused on the real issue in hand here.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Zedux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join