It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Question to find One Answer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i decided to make this topic, because i have no knowledge or background of the paranormal, nor any interested in pursuing these avenues. Until i started
reading other peoples experiences in this forum and saw my reflection...

i guess i always subconciously figured these avenues were more of a feminine avenue of getting my questions answered. well i am here to deny ignorance and that is a pretty ignorant feeling even if i realize it only in hindsight.

i humbly ask your opinion of my experiences:

i get the feeling of deja vu several times a year at least ...

but i dont pay attention to these things because i guess i assumed i wouldnt find any concrete answers.
the deja vu is so elusive - like it was on the very edge of my conciousness. i believed that because i couldnt even pinopint what exactly was going on. So how could anyone else.

was this foolish?

also, when i was young, i would have dreams of strange scenes of the past, such as overlooking some bustlling seaport from afar, a vast sail ship in the front. in a time that i recognized as "ancient" or at least before several hundred years old... anyway, this is one example.

when i was a child, i believed i was "jesus". my parents seemed fascinated by this in retrospect, but i truly believed it. i thought that all that occurred outside of my senses was lesser... (hard to explain this - my wording doesnt quite explain what i mean). not just self centered - it was almost like things confirmed it.

i always challenged my teachers from a young age - 6ish. i didnt recognize experience as a "right" to authority, but i was eager to accept knowledge at any rate. but i couldnt be motivated by external influences if i saw their will toinfluence me.
normal rebelliousness?
on experience i recall vividly is experiencing a "speeding up" of my thoughts when i was around the age 9 or 10 or 11, that lasted for about 3 or 4 months (on and off) . it was like my mind would start to
think at an increased pace and i was shocked by it and loved it and couldnt controll it. (i lost that ability soon after that short term experience)

I also had major struggle with sleep paralysis that i have since overcome.

i have been told i have the classic "old soul" by a couple of women with starry eyes and open minds. i dismissed this an an older woman being attracted to my intellect. i was always very arrogant.

i have had what i believe to be revalations during times of great distress - unexplainable moments of realization where all of a sudden i have answers to questions i have not yet asked. Which bring more distress as i realize the extent to what im seeing. Sept 11th was an instance that i will not go into, but i understood things that ony time has shown to truly explain.

good insight, based on logic. maybe, but i was all in my understanding when i compared it to thos i spoke to or heard from. no one else saw it - yet.

i dont claim to be anything than a smart kid, but these things made me feel different.
not saying i am - i dont know. just being honest

i have never sought a psychic explanation as i have never whitnessed anything that leads to do so.

should i do so now? or is this no real indication of anything but creating an illusion of self imoprtance?
where does one go for insight?

[edit on 11/7/2004 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
All people have "an old" soul, there are very few "new" souls. As to the "deja vu" From what I have seen on this forum....what most people are talking about isn't really what deja vu is....I dunno....you'd probably learn more reading at a site that is strictly for that sort of thing, though I suspect you'll get a lot of opinions here too that may help you.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
you'd probably learn more reading at a site that is strictly for that sort of thing...

Do you have any sites you'd care to share, LadyV?

I've been wondering about Deja Vu alot lately, and judging from your post's you seem like you know alot more about it than I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What kind of answer do you want? Does it matter what we think? I'd say you had a Messiah Complex at a young age, this is pretty common for children, and you seem like a bright guy. Thats just my thought, you'll probably get some New Age answers from this site, though.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I do not believe that it is a "I've done this before type" of thing. Too many times it will happen in a place or situation that you have never been in before, it doesn't make any sense. My theory, and it is only a theory, is that you are somehow "catching up" to yourself in a another parallel dimension. I believe there are "time bands" where you may be living a different but similar life. Look at it as two wheels going around at different times. Now imagine a black line on each wheel, the line represents "you" as the wheels are turning, every so often those lines, you, line up exactly...giving you a small fleeting glimpse of your other life in another dimension.....only time bands are more in long lines rather than wheels.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
just a bit of selfish, self affirming bait to be reeled in and savored in my own little world i live in!

i just started reading posts and thought, WTF?

lemme find out if i have any paticualr traits that should lead me to believe i have paranormal gifts?

as for the messiah complex, that makes sense to me. it compensated for insecurities. it makes sense. but i was just asking those who are into this subject. does my brief little psych evaluation set off any bells?

if no, i am happy with any criticisms.
i was just wondering if what i describe signifies any paranormal relevance?

and as far as being smart - good education can make one appear smart. and if that is what maintains a level of self esteem my ego requires to cope - i''m sure i could recall any number of things to support my delusion of grandeur.

reallly im just wondering if anything i stated matters to those who are into this subject of the paranormal - - - - i didnt think it would but might as well throw it out there
these subjects are a bit less grave than the ones i tend to obsess over!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
LADY V

that is certainly an interesting theory...

are there other manifestations where one might catch a glimpse you parallel universe-self?

i can barely comprehend the theory of my parrallel self

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I do not believe that it is a "I've done this before type" of thing. Too many times it will happen in a place or situation that you have never been in before, it doesn't make any sense.

You dont have to be in a exact place or situation that you've been in before for deja vu to occur. Its simply one half of your brain recalling information faster than the other half, the information is vague enough to where your brain basically says "yep, this is it!", and thats why the experience seems rather vague. Anyway, thats one theory out there I believe.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Anyway, thats one theory out there I believe.

Yes it is...I just don't agree with it

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My deja vu always gives me a look into the near future. I always go with it. Usually sumthing big or lifechanging is about to occur and that is the only time I get deja vu. It's not like I am remembering the moment.......more like this is the moment to remember. This is the start of sumthing bigger.

Does that make any sense.

just what i've experienced.

top topics

join