It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies, Greed, and Fear: The origins of Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Christianity is a conspiracy AND belief system, the church is an institution and belief system. But denying that their is an enormous wealth of truth and / or wisdom in it would be more foolish than taking your own literal interpretation of the entire text of the bible and being a absolutely positive your dogma is the undeniable truth.

The ultimate conspiracy revolves around concealing the truth from fools.
edit on 17-6-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2013 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

I'll give you my input. It is that like many debating atheists you present details of something you misunderstand and misinterpret it to deny the truth simply because you are ignorant of it.

Atheists are living under the same mental pretexts that the church was living under a thousand years ago when people were convinced the world was flat.

Atheists love to bring up how people are imperfect yet god forced them to be imperfect because he is God after all and makes people act exactly as he predestined them to. That is not the truth though. Free will is a big part of biblical tradition as well as cause and effect. Some things god did to bring vengeance to wicked people but some things were simple cause and effect. The fall of Adam was an example of cause and effect, not the vengeance of God. The story of Samson on the other hand was an example of vengeance. Point being don't dismiss something as falsehood simply because your ignorant.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Quit playing the fanatic atheist act. It's pretty obvious that the concept of "Holy" wasn't completely fabricated. How could it have stuck around this long? How could practically everyone be aware of the concept? There's truth to it and people have been forced to witness it through no willingness of their own. This is why the concept is so incredibly pervasive.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

I have asked the same question since I've been here at ATS? The silly "control" protest. People saying
this do not follow God or the faith. No one is controlling them. tee-hee...

Using fear to manipulate you into going to church... to convince you to 'donate', to make you feel the need to 'confess' your 'sins'... Maybe not all Christians... but in my eye, if you don't follow every verse of the bible to the 't', you're not a true Christian. And the bible's changed a lot in the past few hundred years.

Clarification: There are religions, non-Christian and Christian. Religions are man-made. There is only one "faith." One Lord, one faith, one baptism and for Bilble Alone folks, that is Eph 4:5. The "one faith" is Roman Catholicism.

So your man-made religion is right but all of the other thousands and thousands of man-made religions are wrong? I'm sure the bible tells you so, too. So you have to believe it. If that's not a horrible case of mass hubris... I don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by HarryTZ

I'll give you my input. It is that like many debating atheists you present details of something you misunderstand and misinterpret it to deny the truth simply because you are ignorant of it.

Atheists are living under the same mental pretexts that the church was living under a thousand years ago when people were convinced the world was flat.

Atheists love to bring up how people are imperfect yet god forced them to be imperfect because he is God after all and makes people act exactly as he predestined them to. That is not the truth though. Free will is a big part of biblical tradition as well as cause and effect. Some things god did to bring vengeance to wicked people but some things were simple cause and effect. The fall of Adam was an example of cause and effect, not the vengeance of God. The story of Samson on the other hand was an example of vengeance. Point being don't dismiss something as falsehood simply because your ignorant.

What have I dismissed as falsehood due to ignorance? The existence of Satan?
Don't you see that fear is just an illusion? What is there ever to fear? Your consciousness is immaterial, indestructible and unchanging, independent from any physical 'event'. You literally cannot be harmed, weakened, controlled or destroyed in any way. No 'lake of fire' can destroy emptiness itself. Once you realize this, the idea of any evil entity withers away back into the narrow minds of those who invented it. It's just simple common sense, but we often forget it. This is why I encourage all theists, Christian or not, to question their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along.

Life all began with a base, a single branch of a tree. It split into many other branches, seeking higher grounds and adapting to best reach for more light to feed from.

All life works in this way, it adapts to change and divides to reach that change. Species divide to new species to adapt to change. Humans are a part of this branching, and so are our ideas. We come up with ideas and they divide hoping to reach the light and truth.

All things wish to get to there end through the path of least possible resistance. A bolt of lighting to the earth, a stream to lower ground, life to survive. When life wishes to reach its end, the path with the least possible resistance still holds true. Human beings (generally) wish to live, and they want little resistance to reach that end.

When a human being learns to lie, it does so hoping to reach an end easier than being honest. Why put forth physical work towards something when you can convince another to work for you?

Anything that seeks to take from one and give to another, at its core, is deceit. An idea can be true, but if there are any components to it that seek to divide labor, then all those components are not anything except deceit. It's universal that everything seeks the least amount of resistance, should anyone be lead away from that path, it is under the will of another. Anything under the will of another is not your own and thus not the path of least possible resistance. Ignorance and seeking guidence from another voluntarily is just ignorance to the path of least resistance, thus whatever you are guided to do is what you "believe" to be the correct path.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Well, if boymonkey74 isn't saying it, I will.

Chrsitianity doesn't try to exert the control that Islamic countries do, which use Islam as a political and legal tool.

Are you aware that Christian organizations are tax exempt?
Yep, so are all other 501 (c) 3 non-profits. Feel free to change our tax laws.

The only one's I consider deserving of tax exemption is the Amish.

Have you ever seen them work?

They build their own houses.
They live off the land.

If SHTF then they are the most prepared in this country.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The message in this video is very beautiful. This really applies to everyone, not just Buddhists.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join