It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies, Greed, and Fear: The origins of Christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
MOVED to RELIGION, FAITH, AND THEOLOGY forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-6-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2013 by HarryTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

So, what? You have a problem with people who don't want to sin and obey the Ten Commandments?

Does it take breaking the Ten Commandments in order for you to consider life worth living?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by HarryTZ

So, what? You have a problem with people who don't want to sin and obey the Ten Commandments?

Does it take breaking the Ten Commandments in order for you to consider life worth living?

I'm moving this to the religion forum. We can discuss this there.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

The moderators do that for you if they feel it is necessary.
Now we are stuck here with a dead end thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

edit on 15-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Since you're not using this thread anymore, I would like to co-opt it for a tribute to the black jelly bean, and my plot to hoard them from the rest of the world.

If it's ok with you?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is to the point and wonderfully written.

Yes, early Christianity, with the teachings of Jesus was actually in its core SPIRITUALITY with some very profound wisdom about unity, our true purpose, the reality of god, us, humankind..the universe. Very similar to the teachings of other, mostly Eastern spiritual masters and schools.

This fundament what once was the TRUE message of this belief has more or less entirely been removed and replaced with other things which haven't any thing to do with the true message. And of course it has been replaced because of various agendas as you already pointed out.

Here is the FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE:

* Spirituality does not involve "someone else" to obtain wisdom or insight. In fact, Spirituality *requires* to "find the truth" on your own, through own experiences. (This is the reason for practices such as meditation etc. just to name one)

* Religion like today's Christianity is the exact opposite because the "experiencing 'god' yourself" spiritual component has been replaced by a power-structure where one "belongs" to religion and is "taught" by others, where the "knowledge" is fed by other people as opposed to really experienced.

It gets even worse since Christianity often denies and rejects spirituality - but here is the kicker: Without it you CANNOT experience or find god/the creator or the truth about of the universe. How should that work? You don't get a spiritual enlightenment or become aware of god by citing bible verses or sitting in a church each Sunday, it needs more than that. (Actually, it needs "less", but I am sure you get what I mean)

By denying people this and calling it blasphemous, the church is actually actively preventing people from FINDING GOD. If this alone is not proof enough what agenda is at work here....then I don't know...

To make it short and in agreement with your OP: It's an abomination of the true message/teachings which might once have existed..abomination is probably really the best word for it.

It also took me a long time to really realize this, simply because we are "brought up" like this first - some people might never really see the truth because they are indoctrinated from all sides and can't or are unwilling to start to think for themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by HarryTZ

Since you're not using this thread anymore, I would like to co-opt it for a tribute to the black jelly bean, and my plot to hoard them from the rest of the world.

If it's ok with you?

Whatever you want to do. I have no idea what that means, but it can't be too bad.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Brilliant.

Now, first off I'll need some co-conspirators to assist in funneling said black jelly beans to me.
Then we need to coordinate a concerted effort with the jellybean manufacturers to curb their production. Once that is taken care of, I think we should touch base with the road crew facilitators of every major concert tour this summer. This will be a major effort, so if i can get some volunteers that would be great...

top topics

join